• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Home security: So it happened to us on Christmas, now my wife can't sleep

    Home security: So it happened to us on Christmas, now my wife can't sleep


    So it happened to us on Christmas, now my wife can't sleep

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:42 PM PST

    Someone tried to break into my house on Christmas. My dog must of scared them off. But my fence is damaged as are my back doors. I'm looking at a ring camera system. Using flood lights. How many cameras should I be getting. I'm really wanting a piece of mind. And something installed soon so that my wife isn't panicked every night with every little noise. Whats the rule of thumb here.

    submitted by /u/bleedinghero
    [link] [comments]

    Help need advice Affordable dash cam for the car. Thx

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:48 PM PST

    Recommendations for front and rear dash cam with wifi smart phone accessibility. An affordable easy to use set up. Thank you. Happy New Year Everyone!!

    submitted by /u/Heavyowl
    [link] [comments]

    Door and window enforcement

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:47 AM PST

    Hello! Just wanting some input on what the basics are for door and window enforcements in the home. I am purchasing soon.

    I plan to do extended length screws with the door, extended strike plate, perhaps hinge reinforcement as well. For the windows I do have motion sensors connected to an alarm and Alexa guard for glass break. Outside of just locking them is there really anything else to protect windows that is useful?

    Door advice welcome as well if you have input

    submitted by /u/TMLP886
    [link] [comments]

    [Advice] What is the best setup to quickly get in/out of my house?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:31 AM PST

    My alarm pad is at my front door. But I leave through my side door, which is where my parking is. From front door to side door is 4 rooms away.

    There is a lot of foliage and shrubbery and also a nook behind my parking area- basically many places for someone to hide. Combine this with me leaving in the dark, wee morning hours and returning late from work makes me nervous.

    As a single female, my concern is the time it takes me to lock my door with my back turned.

    I currently have a traditional lock + deadbolt setup which requires me to spend time locking the deadbolt once I'm outside.

    I can lock the doorknob while I open the door from inside but that time locking the deadbolt gives me pause.

    Is there a better and quicker setup that I should look into?

    submitted by /u/marmaladeskies80
    [link] [comments]

    Help picking home security camera system

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Does anyone have a recommended setup to have security cameras with local storage (on NAS or computer), That I'm able to view anywhere without dependencies of having it filter through the ring, nest, wyze...etc servers? I've heard some people say they use a VPN and NAS but don't say how.

    I plan on having the cameras on their separate network which will run DD-WRT so I have more control.

    My goal is to have it the most secure I can to avoid being hacked, while able to view remotely.

    Right now I'm thinking about the eufy 2k cameras, but they require a eufy account and internet access.

    Note: This is more of a test setup for pet monitoring. More robust cameras might be added in the future.

    EDIT: 24/7 recording is preferred

    submitted by /u/jkfde
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment