• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Home security: New work security ptz camera. More pics then my home install last week!!!

    Home security: New work security ptz camera. More pics then my home install last week!!!


    New work security ptz camera. More pics then my home install last week!!!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:04 AM PST

    Moved to a new house on a busy Main Street a couple of days back, and it doesn’t gave a security system installed yet.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:56 PM PST

    I heard a loud bang downstairs about 50 mins ago, following which nothing really happened. I assumed the worst and thought it could be an intruder (since the house has low windows and a glass door), so I couldn't bring myself to go down to check things.

    What should I really do at this point as I am not sure if my suspicions are justified for a 911 call. Had it been a thief, i would have heard some footsteps or something? Or is the person just waiting it out downstairs.

    The heating compressor seems to be getting turned on over and over again, which makes me suspect cold air must be coming in from somewhere.

    submitted by /u/stickittothe
    [link] [comments]

    Job site camera

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Long time stalker here, first time posting. Let me know if this belongs in another sub.

    I'm trying to find a security camera that I can put out front on a residential job site.

    There's no wifi or power out there at the moment, I'm looking for something wireless obviously, maybe something with a solar panel?

    All I can find is the Reolink Go, but I would really prefer something that just saves to an SD card. I don't really want to mess with the whole cloud/streaming to phone thing but will if necessary.

    Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/papercutsalt
    [link] [comments]

    Will any Wi-Fi camera work with my NVR?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Hello,

    One of my cameras broke (due to my own mistake) and now I need to get a replacement for it but that exact one isn't being sold anymore. THIS is the set that I have but with only 2 of those cameras without floodlight/motion sensor. I was thinking of getting something simple and cheap like THIS but I don't know if my NVR will support anything else other than what it was made for.

    submitted by /u/NF_99
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Home Monitoring with Rogers [Toronto]

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Newbie here :) We are moving to our first house next month and I am shopping around for a home security monitoring system. I am looking for a doorbell camera, 3 outdoor cameras, 3 break glass sensors, 2 motion sensors, a smoke/fire sensor, a carbon monoxide sensor, 3 water leak sensors, and 5-7 door/window sensors.

    I considered getting Google's Nest doorbell and cameras, but their security system is discontinued. So I looked at Ring but they don't have break glass or smoke /carbon monoxide sensors (they rely on Alexa listening - which I don't like). And of course, these systems are not compatible with each other and I don't want to pay two subscriptions; one for the alarm system and one for cloud video storage.

    So I checked Rogers. The "Control Package" offers $1,100 worth of hardware and I can add more or switch hardware that I don't want. They have some deals for boxing week for existing customers: $40 per month for 2 years + waiving installation fees.

    I am considering getting this package with Rogers and get Google's Nest doorbell (will not be connected to Roger's system but there will be a front door camera connected to the system)

    Have anyone used Rogers before? What was your experience?

    If you considered Rogers but went with another option, what did you choose and why? Are you happy with the company you are with now?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/redd-ix
    [link] [comments]

    Simple camera DVR, No thrills, No cloud/internet

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Currently I run iSpy, but it appears to have any web services (even locally) I need to sign up to some useless cloud based solution. The old legacy app is also being replaced with "Agent DVR" which is you guessed it... Is some online solution.

    I don't want my cameras accessible outside of my network so I am hesitant to sign up for anything that ties me to a online portal.

    I don't need anything fancy, 4 RTSP streams, Record on motion, no cloud/online features and a web interface to view cameras across the network. Open source is a perk as I don't want yet another subscription service.

    I'm hosting on Windows Server

    submitted by /u/Lawdie123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment