• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Home security: Any good NVR software that can be installed on an old PC?

    Home security: Any good NVR software that can be installed on an old PC?


    Any good NVR software that can be installed on an old PC?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:41 PM PST

    We setup a surveillance system with two Amcrest cameras and an Amcrest NVR, the user interface is horrible and I am looking for something better on the cheap, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Alawson2812
    [link] [comments]

    Camera to watch mailbox?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    A few weeks ago our mailbox was run over. I want to get either a home security camera or trail camera to watch it in the future.

    The mailbox is about 100ft from the house. There are two stone pillars closer at the end of my driveway about 10ft from the mailbox. There are also some small pine trees about 50ft from the mailbox.

    All the security cameras I see have a motion detection range of about 15ft. I'm looking for options that done require me to mount a camera to the stone pylons by the driveway.

    Any recommendations are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hvgotcodes
    [link] [comments]

    Veritas Alarm System - Going off when unset

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Hi

    I moved in to a house I've purchased a month ago. We only moved in a week ago. No problems with the alarms as I've had it on 'unset' until I figure out the zones and how it works

    However last week I wanted to change a light fitting. When I switched the electric off, the alarm kept sounding. Checked online and found out it may be a faulty battery.

    I changed the battery which meant when the electric was off the alarm wasn't sounding. So far so good.

    Until today, 6 hours ago the alarm started sounding when I was in the house (unset) so I punched my code in and didn't think much about it. Now in the middle of the night the alarm has randomly gone off again (it was also unset)

    Not sure what would cause it. Could it be when I changed the battery? But it was fine for a week before it's gone off twice today...

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/r803
    [link] [comments]

    Program Fire Alarm on PC1832

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:34 PM PST

    So I was messing with my PC1832 panel and of course I messed something up. Zone 8 is labeled heat detectors on the panel door and no matter what programming option I try, it says the alarm is open/fire. This is a brand new house. Only one set of wires goes to Zone 8. I didnt mess with the wires. I believe the smoke/fire/CO detectors are normally open.

    Any ideas? I have tried 07/08/87/88. They didnt wire/use PGM 1 or 2 which is where most of my internet searches lead me too.

    submitted by /u/Zuccus
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security System - Which one is best for a New Home?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:19 PM PST

    I have researched a home security system for a while. I'm looking for at least 3 or 4 camera systems that surround the outside of the home.

    1 for the living room area. Do you think it's best to have a system that is not 24 hr monitored by a security company?

    I am thinking about getting the system from Home Depot. They have a wide selection.

    I don't want to pay a security company to watch my house. Opinions matter. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/The_Bow_Dasher
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell Lyric for UK?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:26 AM PST

    Seen a lot posted about the Honeywell Lyric security system, caught my eye mainly for its HomeKit compatibility. Doesn't seem to be available in the UK though. Anyone with experience of using it in UK? I'm just looking for a wired alarm system (wired PIRs) with the ability to arm and disarm via HomeKit.

    submitted by /u/hxv92
    [link] [comments]

    [Advice] Just purchased a home where the previous owners had ADT, keep it?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:49 AM PST

    I'm a single woman who just purchased a home in a high crime area. I had to be in this area for work, unfortunately. The majority of the crimes committed are property crimes. Late night criminals pulling on door handles, turning knobs during the night and day, etc.

    The previous owners had ADT so the house already has what looks like a newer keypad and sensors on the doors and windows.

    I planned on having a monitored home alarm and I already told my homeowners insurance company I would get one; I just don't know if it's worth keeping ADT or if there is a better option. I don't have the slightest idea about how much this costs (whether it's paid monthly or yearly), since ADT's website lacks any indication of price.

    I'm not home alarm savvy. I've never had one nor used one. It's just a necessity for me at this point.

    submitted by /u/marmaladeskies80
    [link] [comments]

    Here you find a review of the NEW Aqara M2 hub!!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Please check this video if you consider building your smart home with this Aqara hub based on the Zigbee protocol and/or Apple Homekit. Is this the smart security alarm device for you?

    #aqara #smarthome #homekit #zigbee

    https://youtu.be/9pmMxTmRlXA

    submitted by /u/smartnyourhome
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment