• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 12, 2020

    Home security: Just bought a house : Anyone knows how this works?

    Home security: Just bought a house : Anyone knows how this works?


    Just bought a house : Anyone knows how this works?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    ADT Impassa stuck in away mode

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    Recently moved into a house with an ADT system already installed. The other night we had a system error on the panel (alt comm error). I tried to reset the panel by using the jumper method and it worked the first time. I accidentally armed away mode and now there is no way to disarm because no access codes were ever set up. The master code will not work to disarm and doing another reset will not clear the away mode. Is there any other way I can wipe out the panel and reset?

    submitted by /u/thirteenstars76
    [link] [comments]

    Improve Neighborhood Safety

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    I live in a secluded somewhat affluent neighborhood that is in close proximity to a sketchy town over. It's hidden with only 1 way in and out. I've lived here for about 6 years, and it is the kind of place where everyone leaves their cars unlocked and doesn't bother bringing gardening tools inside . That is until recently like a month ago. Suddenly we are being hit every week. I just chased someone off our street with our car alarm today at 4 am. I'm interested in re-establishing the safety of the neighborhood as well as my personal home defense. Any tips would be helpful or advice on what has worked for you.

    Currently I have google nest cameras for alerts and just purchased this camera https://www.reconyx.com/product/hyperfire-2-license-plate-capture-camera to get plates.

    Once covid is over and leaving the house I will probably invest in home security.

    All advice welcome. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Itchy-and-Scratchi
    [link] [comments]

    Motion lights vs always on

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    For security purposes, is it better to have motion lights that turn on only when motion is detected or always on lights? (Assuming that electricity is free)

    submitted by /u/sen5eswill
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera/doorbell on the cheap and renter-friendly?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I just moved into my own place with my s/o in a not so nice area. It has only been a week at my new place now and we've already had a package stolen (By a neighbor at that). We wanted to order a security doorbell/camera to capture outside in case any sketchy behavior occurs. (We're never ordering packages to our place again)

    Let me know if this sounds realistic or if another solution would be better.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tamara_1
    [link] [comments]

    help please

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    bought these blink xt2 cameras and they wont seem to connect to my wifi... not sure what to do

    submitted by /u/Matt2310
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment