• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 5, 2020

    Home security: Need screws that can't be removed

    Home security: Need screws that can't be removed


    Need screws that can't be removed

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Door to storage room

    My lazy and cheap apt management doesn't hold storage security a high priority. This bike room was broken into twice last year before putting this lock plate on. Last week I noticed the recent attempt and their solution was to put a hex bolt in. What can I do for a cheap and quick run to the hardware store? Or what if I just get some screws and deliberately strip them (how would I do that?) I already have the 3 inch screws in the strike plate planned.

    submitted by /u/peeled_nanners
    [link] [comments]

    What outdoor security can we use to keep this thief away who keeps stealing parcels?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 05:25 AM PST

    She is a drug addict and stole from us last month and now has returned and is stealing again from neighbours (so doesnt care about all our cctv cameras). She keeps checking the car doors as well. Known to the police. London, England Oct 22 https://imgur.com/TL5ES7Q https://imgur.com/NgDVi3B NOV 4 https://imgur.com/1k5wA5E

    submitted by /u/Strongersecure
    [link] [comments]

    Fix camera delay.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 02:44 PM PST

    What features end up helping the most? And what ends up mattering the least?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:59 PM PST

    How to connect existing home security equipment to Phone

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:12 AM PST

    I was able to manually takeover the existing Xfinity home security alarm connection in my home. I will really appreciate it if someone can inform me of how I can connect the alarm system to my phone without using a paid subscription. I will like to be able to control the alarm from my phone.

    submitted by /u/Consistent_Ad_8487
    [link] [comments]

    Best Video Doorbell - Ring, Simplisafe or something else?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 06:02 AM PST

    Looking for a good video doorbell. Ideally want something that detects motion, lets you talk through it, can be installed easily and does not necessarily need to work with an existing doorbell (I'm not sure if there is one at the new place.)

    We may or may not want to link it to a security system from the same company. I was looking into Ring and Simplisafe, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

    Also, what is the best way to prevent the doorbell itself from getting stolen, and does any company cover that type of theft (seems like an idiotic idea to steal a video doorbell, but you never know!)

    submitted by /u/latenitebacon
    [link] [comments]

    Battery operated motion camera advice - Looking for

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 07:54 AM PST

    I was looking for a camera that is battery operated that takes pictures when it detects motion. I have a family owned home that is unoccupied at the moment, and someone keeps breaking in and I have a good idea who, i just need proof.

    I don't need wifi video cameras because they tend to only have a short battery life, and i need it to last a week or two before charging/battery replacement. I just need to get proof of who is breaking in so i can finally begin work on the property.

    Any ideas? something that looks inconspicuous, maybe has self contained storage and takes images not video, and is battery operated.

    submitted by /u/Ldap2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment