• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 5, 2020

    Home security: Got trespassed last night, need help with surveillance systems

    Home security: Got trespassed last night, need help with surveillance systems


    Got trespassed last night, need help with surveillance systems

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Hi all, I have zero knowledge about surveillance cameras so I hope someone can ELI5 to me and make some recommendations.

    Last night, someone climbed onto the second floor of my house and ran along the length of my house outside (on the awnings) before my father saw him through the windows. We called the police but he wasn't caught.

    We used to have a wired CCTV system only on the first floor but it broke down last year. We plan to install a new system ourselves but don't know where to begin. My father wants a wireless one so he doesn't have to run wires everywhere. We plan to have domed ones outdoors. I'm open to having wired ones if I can convince him it's better.

    Some specs that I'm looking for: - outdoor cam - preferably dome-shaped - Night vision of up to 30m, preferably coloured night vision - at least 120 degrees (haven't thought clearly about the range of movement) - preferably 10x zoom and above - at least 1080p - weather-proof (I live in hot, humid weather with no cold climate) - preferably armed with a siren on each camera - preferably armed with floodlights on each camera - motion detection (facial recognition/ auto focus a plus) - low lag between motion detection, notification, and recording - able to view premises live on iPhones even when not at home/ when abroad - long battery life (not a consideration if wired) - won't overheat (the last system apparently overheated a lot and caused short circuits) - looking for at least 6 cameras (3 on first floor, 3 on second floor and maybe 2 on third floor)

    I don't know what else to look out for. I also don't know how PoE works and what NVR or PTZ means, it's quite a steep learning curve for me. I also want to learn more about storage and how to run wires to the exterior of the house on the second and first floor.

    The brands I've heard about are: Hikvision Dahua Arlo Blink Eufy Renolink D-link Xiaomi

    Hikvision seems to be very popular but they have too many options to choose from and I'm torn because I don't know what to look out for. But they're widely available in my country.

    Please also educate me on the pros and cons of wired vs wireless systems so I can convey this to my dad.

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/r9440
    [link] [comments]

    What is a wireless camera that allows me to store video to my HDD?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:15 PM PST

    I am looking to set up a new security system for my home but I think I would like to go wireless as it's quite difficult to get wiring done in my home. I have been looking at Eufy which satisfies most of my needs except I would like to have it wirelessly upload recorded video onto a hard drive or computer instead of just on the SD card on the camera. Does anyone know of a camera that does this or perhaps a way for me to set this up?

    submitted by /u/DoYouEvenShit
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite security camera kit for the price?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:49 PM PST

    Id like something that has at least 3 cameras if possible.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/austin-357
    [link] [comments]

    New House, can't access DVR for home surveillance. Password unknown.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:58 AM PST

    Hello. I have finally gotten around to trying to figure out how my surveillance system works. I can see the images from the camera, but can't access anything else.

    The DVR simply says "DVR DVS" on the front, with a direction wheel, menu and esc button, and 3 indicators

    On the back, is the model number SC-HR315-4-1tb

    A google search leads me to a pdf for Norelco safeCAM, but with very little other information.

    A manual says I can only reset the password using a GUID file on a USB key, which I don't have.

    Any advice out there?

    Thanks

    Mike

    submitted by /u/mike365365
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless camera and other systems- what frequencies they operate on?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:47 AM PST

    Consumer grade ones likely all work in the WiFi bands?

    Any industrial/military grade systems? Looking for ones that are harder to jam

    Wired not an option in this case

    submitted by /u/Biz-Developer
    [link] [comments]

    NVR with modern deployment options?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 05:32 AM PST

    So I've just purchased a couple of Hikvision DS-2CD2085FWD-I and I plan on hooking those up to a NVR running on my kubernetes cluster.

    But every NVR solution I've looked at have these old school deployment setups that either require a Windows VM (not happening) or some all in one deployment with app, db and storage on the same node.

    What options are there of more modern NVRs? Open source or not.

    Edit: I just discovered BlueCherry, any experiences with that one?

    Edit2: ooh actually kerberos.io seems pretty neat

    submitted by /u/kjarkr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment