• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 7, 2020

    Home security: My gun hating mother wants a gun. Help me with caliber choice

    Home security: My gun hating mother wants a gun. Help me with caliber choice


    My gun hating mother wants a gun. Help me with caliber choice

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:59 AM PST

    Hey everyone. So my mother asked me to help her buy a firearm this week. Without ranting about the massive amount of irony and hypocrisy that is, ill just say im glad I have a chance to change her mind or at least push her in the right direction. I digress.

    My mother is about 5'7", is out of shape, and has alot of medical conditions. Re she is frail. That said my plan is to bring her to the range and start her out on a 22lr. To get her comfortable, then work her way up to something for home defense, if not the 22lr. so far, in my head at least, the best option for her is an AR-15. Of course, when I told her this, she said "absolutely not!". Then as I explained the 3 points of contact (any long gun but still), minimal recoil, customization options to help with recoil management, light weight...list goes on. She started to come around but said "but I don't need a fully automatic so.." 🤦‍♂️

    Again, I digress. I'm thinking.. 22lr, 9mm (rugar PCC), AR .223/5.56. The rugar pistol carbine in 9mm is likely the best option but 9mm is so scarce i just dont know if it's the smart choice right now. I guess I can give up some of my stash but still.

    Shotgun wise, I need to learn alittle myself but not sure she could even handle short shells? What gauge might be good? 410? I dont know my shotgun ammo to well. Just know 20 and of course 12 would either pop her shoulder out or knock her onto the ground. Can somone explain short shells a bit?

    Appreciate whomever reads this nonsense and replies 🙄. Thanks everyone and have a good weekend!

    Update: pistol permit process in my state doesn't allow for handguns as a short term solution so longgun suggestions are best for time being, thanks!

    submitted by /u/LetsGatitOn
    [link] [comments]

    CCTV installed by vendor only works with NVMS7000 when on home WiFi

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Long story short. Our vendor folded and when I tried to reconnect The CCTV myself our NVMS7000 app only works when I am at the home WiFi network... any thoughts how to fix?

    submitted by /u/palfor3
    [link] [comments]

    Do any of you know how much I should expect to pay to have someone install this for me?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:35 AM PST

    Can changing motion sensor batteries trigger false positives?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:57 AM PST

    I changed all of my Frontpoint motion sensor batteries and now all of a sudden, they're giving false positives each hour. I called Frontpoint who told me to put them in a dark drawer for a few days, which did nothing because each of them continued to fire-off. Now they're recommending that I replace all of the motion sensors, which I think is ridiculous, and expensive.

    All that I did was change the batteries, nothing else. The sensors have been fine for the past 3 years.

    submitted by /u/yamenramen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment