• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 7, 2020

    Home security: Help finding a system

    Home security: Help finding a system


    Help finding a system

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:07 PM PST

    Hi, I am trying to setup a system for my food truck. We recently got broken into and are trying to make it as secure as possible. I am looking for a motion detector that texts or calls me on detection. As well as a good floodlight camera that runs off of battery.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bannanna_man_
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade from Amcrest IP3M-943B outdoor camera to Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) POE camera

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:51 PM PST

    Coming from a 3MP wifi camera, this 8MB (4K) POE camera brings in huge improvement both on the connectivity and quality of the image. I was relying on wifi with my old setup, and it is prone to connection issue, so I bite he bullet and change everything to POE, which it doesn't only give solid connection without any problem, plus it's cleaner from my setup as I don't have to put in a power adapter near my camera. As you can see from my setup, it's being mounted outdoor on a diy metal junction box, where the cat6 cable is being passed through metal conduit. The only additional setup I need to put in is a poe switch, which is a no brainer to setup.

    Including the camera to my existing blue iris setup is smooth without any problem. Picture quality is an upgrade for sure, especially I'm having it in my garage area on the alley, the increased resolution allows me to see license plates from any cars easily, and at night time the picture quality is totally usable (I'll add picture soon).

    The camera enclosure also gives a modern feeling with streamline design. One thing that I encounter as a small issue is the camera mount, which my old IP3M-943B mounts with 3 screws, which this 4k poe camera mounts on 4 screws. So I just had to drill new set of holes on my junction box, but no big deal.

    I also notice the amcrest chrome extension no longer works, but may be it applies to both the 3MP wifi and this new 8MP POE camera.

    In any case, I'd totally recommend this camera for those who wants to monitor your home outdoor with high resolution footage.

    PS. for some reason I can't upload pictures...

    submitted by /u/qualizon
    [link] [comments]

    Axis m1013 camera with Ivideon server and ONVIF

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:41 PM PST

    Hey all. I have an axis m1013 network camera ghat I'm just messing with right now, to get used to up cameras I guess.

    I'm trying to record video to my computer, using Ivideon. Now that sort of works, but best I can tell it won't write the recordings to a separate disk (I'm just trying with a usb flash drive, which is sort of what I'd like to use), but it just says it's not writeable when I go to start it. Are there any fixes for this?

    The computer I want to have running Ivideon server, and recording the video, is a Lenovo thinkcentre m700 tiny. Just because it's really small, which is what I need in this case.

    The way I want to have my surveillance drives setup, is either with a pcie to sata, or usb 3 to sata converters. Is this feasible?

    submitted by /u/22022255
    [link] [comments]

    Inexpensive Kerberos.io compatible POE camera?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:27 PM PST

    Need recommendations for a camera that will work with kerberos.io.

    Cheap as possible... I can upgrade them later, but don't have the budget right now.

    submitted by /u/SimplifyAndAddCoffee
    [link] [comments]

    The flaw with Wifi cameras

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:57 PM PST

    Really like Ring's Wifi & solar powered cameras expect this one flaw: Always-on high-speed internet connection.

    What if somebody simply cuts my internet cable outside the house? Is that it? Without internet all the cameras become useless, right?

    Does anybody know of a system with completely wireless & solar powered cameras that record to NVR (Network Video Recorder) and, perhaps, to the cloud?

    Or can anybody suggest how to protect the internet cable hanging outside the house?

    submitted by /u/rf_mikael
    [link] [comments]

    Can Onvif and supplied app be used at same time?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Hello, I'm new to security cameras and need a bit of help understating them.
    I'm looking at affordable WIFI cameras with Onvif support - and many of them have their own proprietary smartphone applications, for notifications and such. Could those applications be used if cameras are connected to 24/7 running laptop Shinobi/Zoneminder.
    I'm asking because recording into SD card is not an option for me - cameras are gonna be placed in location, where they potentially can be stolen from - so I'm thinking about running Shinobi or similar software, to store recordings on HDD at home. But many cameras also have dedicated apps - like Reolink and similar, which if I understand correctly - can be set up to notify on movement or you could check on them directly from phone.
    So my question would be - can both solutions be used at once? Can for example Shinobi be monitoring constantly and dedicated smartphone app also work at the same time - or is there something (bandwitch limit, connection limit, etc) what would prevent me from doing this?

    submitted by /u/Velfess
    [link] [comments]

    Used qolsys iq 2+

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Hey everyone been reading on here for awhile now, I just bought a new to me house that has a old dsc system I want to replace it with a iq 2+. Iv seen a few on eBay and was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting them all reset and then working with surety?

    submitted by /u/Pooter01
    [link] [comments]

    Best self-installed Battery powered, Front-Door Sensor that *Alarms* when: 1. Someone "tries" the doorknob; 2. Or..kicks the door; 3. Etc.. ?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:41 AM PST

    Simple: Looking for an independent sensor that can Alert us if someone tries to open the door; kicks it... (or tries to otherwise "force" it physically).

    Not looking for a subscription "do it all" Alarms system but just a simple front door Sensor that has capability to Alarm with 120 decibels. Thanks

    Edit: Ideally, something with a remote that can be activated, turned ON/OFF by remote. Otherwise, the owner will set it off every time he/she enters (or leaves) the home.

    submitted by /u/eyeseeitallnow
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on mounting camera to chain link fence post

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:11 PM PST

    My home is surrounded by a chain link fence. The 2⅜" diameter corner posts extend several inches above the top of the fence itself, and I'd like to mount a couple of my Swann NHD-887 4K bullet cameras onto the posts to point back toward the house. I've found a couple of pole mounts online, but they don't look very weatherproof due to the quantity of differently spaced holes for mounting different hardware. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive weatherproof method to mount cams to the posts?

    submitted by /u/millerklj
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for solar powered,outdoor, wifi cameras please.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Context: Location is "out in the country" on 10+ acres. I already have a good backbone wifi network available that covers most of the property. I want to add some cameras in a few locations that are capable of alerting me to "intrusion", specifically feral hogs - they're both rampant and destructive. So the cameras themselves must be: * wifi connectable * self/solar powered - prefer not to have to mess with recharging batteries * outdoor/reasonably weatherproof * capable of generating alerts to a phone app and/or a pc

    I've already tried one brand, but boxed it up for return within an hour of receiving it due to (at least) 3 functions that did not work at all, so I figured I'd check to see if others have had success in similar applications.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BearGFR
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth capable Z-wave smartlock?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:33 PM PST

    So I'm looking for deadbolt keypad locks and so far, it seems that I can't find a lock that does the following:

    • Z-wave connection to hubitat for remote lock/unlocking
    • Keypad entry
    • Bluetooth sensing of your phone so that it automatically unlocks when you are nearby

    Does such a lock exist? I looked through the Yale and Schlage brands and didn't find anything.

    submitted by /u/Fiishman
    [link] [comments]

    Help with security camera placement

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 06:29 AM PST

    I want to have a video doorbell for a start, but where else would you position cameras on the front and rear of this house?

    https://i.imgur.com/gFwVhVY.jpg https://i.imgur.com/D1iWHMk.jpg

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Luona47
    [link] [comments]

    Too Many Options.. FTHB Just Needing A Basic Home Alarm System (& Remove 2 Existing Home Systems)

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:16 AM PST

    FTHB in a very safe secluded HOA neighborhood, just looking for a basic home security system and frankly am overwhelmed at the level and specificity of some of the options I've been reading through this topic. In particular - I really just want

    • a doorbell that actually works, and can be heard inside the home and mobile alert
    • a camera for the front door / driveway, that can be viewed on mobile. Storage for a week max
    • a camera for the backyard facing the house, that can be viewed on mobile. Storage for a week max
    • a motion sensor for the stairwell, and living room/kitchen open floorplan

    I have no need for a billion cameras and sensors in a super complicated set up. The home currently has vivint, which has that jumbo panel on the wall, and 3 more transformer looking white boxes on various walls that I just want to get rid of completely. Whatever system I go with, if I get professionally installed, it'd be straight forward for them to either remove it completely and/or use existing wires for the new system? Appreciate all the insight you guys have

    submitted by /u/Stayincalifornia2k20
    [link] [comments]

    Compass Program of Vista 20p

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Would anyone with access to the Compass software be willing to program my Vista 20p remotely over phone line? I have access to a POTS traditional phone line and have 24 Zones that I want programmed.

    Would be willing to pay $50 for the service.

    jccall@gmail.com

    submitted by /u/ZenMan70
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for smart outdoor cameras with offline fallback

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:26 PM PST

    Hi, I'm looking for an outdoor camera system for my home. I think I've decided I would prefer something wired as opposed to wireless. I really like the Nest outdoor cameras for their ease of use, fast notifications, smart features (person detection, facial recognition, etc.), and quality app (we have both Androids and iPhones in my home). However, I don't like that it's solely reliant on the cloud. If my network or Google's servers go offline, I just have a hole in my recordings, which sort of defeats the purpose of 24/7 recording.

    Essentially, what I'm hoping to find is another outdoor camera system that either records locally to an NVR or is cloud-based, but has local fallback, such as a SD card. Ideally, if the network were to be offline for a period of time, it would continue recording and upload the local recordings once the network connection is restored.

    It's also very important to me that this is a reliable system that's easy to use (I am technical, but others in my houseshold are not as patient), and I'd like to see some "smart" features, such as motion/person/package detection. Additionally, I need something that can issue mobile alerts with very little delay - one of the frustrations of one of my older cameras was I'd get a motion alert as much as a few minutes after the fact. By the time I opened the alert and the camera feed loaded, the person would be long gone.

    Additionally, z-wave or zigbee would be a nice option to have. Or, at least, some kind of assurance that my hardware isn't useless if a company or cloud service goes out of business.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Snoo_59100
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment