• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Home security: Does a Programmable Motion Sensor Siren Exist?

    Home security: Does a Programmable Motion Sensor Siren Exist?


    Does a Programmable Motion Sensor Siren Exist?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:52 PM PST

    I live in the city and the rear of my house is next to an alleyway. I have two extra parking spots which is great to have in the city but we've been having issues with burglars walking in the alley between 12a-6a. I've had two car windows broken so far, nothing stolen since we keep important items out. It's extremely annoying to be concerned when I have friends spend the night and we're concerned about their windows getting smashed or their car rummaged through.

    I've set up a ring floodlight outdoor camera that has a siren attached to it. Last night I was successful in getting a notification to my phone and then I set the siren off and they ran away. The problem with that is ring doesn't allow me to have the siren go off automatically if motion is detected and who knows if I'll wake up next time to set the alarm off.

    Does anyone know of a siren that is activated by motion that I could program to be alert between 12a-6a? The siren doesn't have to be obnoxious....Just something that will go off for 2-3 seconds to let the burglars know that we have a system and I'm hoping a loud noise will draw attention and get them to move onto the next car. It would be awesome if I could program the siren to a saved audio file that I create....that could be a lot of fun.

    submitted by /u/wikiryan
    [link] [comments]

    Wyze cam 2 vs Reolink E1 cost-benefit analysis?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:26 AM PST

    I have Wyze currently. though, I like free cloud storage. the 5 minutes blackout is very annoying. also, the 12 seconds recording doesn't usually capture all of the movement.

    Wyze cam plus has $1.25/mo per camera cloud storage which seems a decent price. but it racks up in price very quickly if you have more than 4 cameras. Wyze doesn't seem to have any multiple camera subscriptions.

    I couldn't find any reliable cheaper alternative to Wyze on Amazon for free cloud storage. All of the companies charge some sort of monthly fee.

    I found another company Reolink. The camera is about 25 bucks (on a deal) and comes with 7 days of free cloud storage of 1GB. It has a $3.49/mo plan for up to 5 cameras and 30GB of space. This would be much cheaper for me as I will have at least 4 total cameras.

    My concern is that I have not used this company and don't know how reliable it is. Has anyone used Reolink before?

    submitted by /u/thishitisgettingold
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me identify and (hopefully) find a manual for this DVR

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:46 PM PST

    Recently moved into a new house and there is what appears to me to be a preeeetty old DVR in the basement hooked up to the cameras outside. There is no brand name of any kind, no model number, and no identifying markings at all apart from on the front of the hard drive bay it says "DataBridge" and beside that "Super Rack."

    Extensive googling has turned up a single image of the DVR and nothing else. Going to the page linked to the picture takes me to a listing for a completely different DVR and the image actually isn't present anywhere on the page. Reverse image searching this image also turns up more similar pages where you click on it but its just a completely different DVR and the image of the one I am looking for is nowhere to be found. (https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/313041604695_/CCTV-16-Channel-Super-Rack-DVR-DataBridge-Security.jpg)

    I realize this isn't a lot to go on and this probably isn't the best place to ask but I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. Hoping maybe someone has had this model in the past or has at least seen it/heard of it to know what brand it is.

    submitted by /u/RoboFrmChronoTrigger
    [link] [comments]

    Can an "indoor" camera work if pointed out a window?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 05:17 PM PST

    I'm trying to work out what limits a camera as "indoors"

    If it's just weather sealing and appropriate powering, then I guess it's possible to point an "indoor" camera out a window and capture that scene?

    I guess some cameras won't be as good at night, and at a distance, etc. But I'm be ok with some compromise

    submitted by /u/jasj3b
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint compatiblewith Guardian?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 05:42 AM PST

    I'm closing on a house next month that is equiped with Vivivt sensors and cameras. I'm currently in a contract with Guardian Protection. Does anyone know if the Vivint equipment can be used with Guardian? Or what parts of the system would work?

    I'm already having Guardian install a new keypad and door lock in the new place, as I'm not bringing any equipment from the old house.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/analyzedthought
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any good solar powered cameras?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:14 AM PST

    Per the title. I've got a large building to cover and it's going to be really difficult to run wire to several of the optimal locations like the fire escape. If I can use solar powered wifi cameras in those locations it'd solve a problem because drilling through brick thirty feet in the air and trying to hide a cable run in plaster isn't high on my list of things to do.

    So are the offerings like this any good? Is the solar power actually good enough to maintain a signal through the night in winter assuming decent sun for half the day? Is the night vision as bad as it seems at 30ish feet or is it ok?

    I didn't find much in the way of online reviews, hoping you all have had some experience.

    submitted by /u/metalski
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment