• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Home security: The Journey Continues.

    Home security: The Journey Continues.


    The Journey Continues.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:56 AM PST

    Advice on gun storage

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:01 PM PST

    So I'm in the process of getting my first firearm, I got my ccw and picked my gun after much time at the range, however my living situation isn't the best as I live on my mother's couch atm🤦🏽‍♂️,I'm asking responsible gun owners how I should go about storing my firearm, I have a safe already but would like it by me at night but where no one else can get it.

    submitted by /u/Classic-Lab4159
    [link] [comments]

    Saiga 12 shotgun or AR-15

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:09 PM PST

    I'm having a hard time deciding which one to use. I own a 16" AR-15 carbine and a 18.5" Saiga 12 shotgun. My Saiga 12 accepts 25 round drums (feeds high velocity 00 buckshot without any issues) and has a muzzle break that reduces flash and recoil. If intruders entered my home I would stay in my bedroom and aim at the door. I believe the shotgun is more capable of stopping a bad guy with a single shot, but maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/FrontWonder4
    [link] [comments]

    Best trail cam settings for driveway?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:58 PM PST

    I don't want to use the video setting because it kills the battery and fills the memory way too quickly. I'm not sure if I should have it take a single shot, standard 2-3 shots, or a rapid fire shot. What do you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/Future_Archer_527
    [link] [comments]

    Whats good free recording software for ip cameras?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:33 PM PST

    I just installed Xprotect Management Client 2020 R3 and its too heavy. My thin client pc with i5 4690 4GB RAM is choking with that program at 100% utilization very slow. That program installs like 6 different things running at same time, also its not recognizing my ip camaeras either.

    Is there no software just for picking up cameras that are on lan and recording them?

    submitted by /u/MasterJeebus
    [link] [comments]

    Some intruder gave me a really nice bike

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:55 AM PST

    A few weeks ago I opened my garage door and a pretty nice mountain bike was sitting there at my carport. I've never seen it before. There was an empty coffee cup in the drink holder which seemed to have residue of booze. My garage opens to a carport which leads to my alley. I am one of six houses who's rear facing garage leads to a dead end alley. I'm just trying to figure out what to make of it.

    My wife gets concerned about things like that. Obviously finding a mountain bike in my driveway is better than having something stolen or broken in to, but having someone on my property makes her uneasy as we have a four-month-old. I don't feel great about it either.

    I set up a battery powered motion activated flood light so that if someone came back for the bike the bright light wood turn on and beam straight at them and also directly toward my bedroom window which I may or may not notice if I were in a deep sleep. What I would do at that point I'm not sure.

    Anyway just yesterday I noticed the bike had moved from my carport to the other side of my alley. All 6 houses along my alley have driveways on the same side. There is a fence along the other side. The bike was leaning on that fence across from my driveway, so arguably still on my property (technically city property). There is a half drank ipa where the bike was placed originally.

    Does anybody have a theory about this bike and the person that put it there? On a scale of 1 to 10 how concerned would you be? I'm not too freaked out but I am very curious why someone would place a bike in my carport and then 10 days later come back and move it to another spot on my property. WTF?

    submitted by /u/miikhudson
    [link] [comments]

    [Prank Comedy] Guy Gets Pranked After Asking for Disguised Weapons On CraigsList

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:27 AM PST

    http://www.emailsfromanasshole.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=84

    Old prank. Prankster enjoys messing with people who post on Craigslist.

    submitted by /u/DesertRoamin
    [link] [comments]

    Protecting the main entrance

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Hi guys!

    I've got quite a big home and the internet in my area is kind of bad, so if I wanted to install say an arlo 2 camera in the main entrance doesn't get wifi. I've been looking and haven't seen (maybe I have not looked enough) a type of camera similar to the arlo 2 but with hard drive or an SD card. There are any in the market? Thank you

    submitted by /u/alexPelida
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping spiders off cctv cameras?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:02 PM PST

    I'm trying to figure out some ideas for keeping spiders off my cctv cameras.

    Both of them are underneath an overhang so they generally build their webs on that. I've read about some pest repellants such as spiderx but I can't find any ones that seem reliable for extended, outdoor use that ship to the US.

    submitted by /u/bananna_roboto
    [link] [comments]

    Amcrest Security Cams

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:32 PM PST

    I've been looking at installing some security cameras up on my home. In total I will probably have 8 to 10 but just 4 for the time being. I live in a nice neighborhood on a dead end street so traffic is minimal. These will be mainly to keep an eye on the house and vehicles when I'm not around. Work vans have been broken into alot lately and thats one of my main concerns.

    I have been looking at Amcrest mainly, seems like a good product for the price point. Looking at the turret style cams as well, and black in color. The two Amcrest cameras that stick out are the 1179 and 2449. The 1179 is 5MP and seems to have better night vision while the 2449 is 8MP but the night vision? The 2449 also costs 2x as much. Is the worse night vision worth stepping up to the 2449? I will be using a Amcrest NVR as well. I also see that the 2597 camera has good night vision but really like the turret style cams vs bullet.

    Are there other options for Amcrest cameras I should be looking at? I was between Reolink and Amcrest but it seems Amcrest may be a little ahead of reolink in customer service and quality.

    Any input is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mackdaddy590
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment