• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 26, 2020

    Home security: Any decent alternatives to Arlo for outdoor cameras?

    Home security: Any decent alternatives to Arlo for outdoor cameras?


    Any decent alternatives to Arlo for outdoor cameras?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:16 PM PST

    So I want some cameras around the property, POE ones aren't really an option. Is Arlo the best? It annoys me I have to pay a subscription but I guess that's the case for all of them? I could run them all on a separate wifi network so it doesn't congest my current one.

    submitted by /u/reddityesworkno
    [link] [comments]

    Can I reuse Comcast camera

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:14 PM PST

    I purchased a home recently and it came with a camera intakes through Comcast. I'm keeping my expenses down to the minimum so I don't wish to pay for their on going streaming price. Is there a way to use the camera just to stream on my own? If so, how? Thanks for any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/bcuad001
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a custom firmware or update for old Dahua cameras?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:28 PM PST

    I have a bunch of old HFW4100SN bullet cameras.

    I wanna monitor them remotely without an NVR, but I see they don't have a P2P option like newer models.

    Does somebody have a custom firmware or update available for this model? I've tried "similar" bins but they fail and aren't compatible. Dahua doesn't have firmware for this camera up on their website.

    Any help would be great.

    submitted by /u/auaisito
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from Eufycam to NVR, recommendations?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:16 AM PST

    I am tired of battery powered cams. Upgrading our home to an NVR system. Recommendations? We have a 2500 sq ft cape cod. Thinking 6-8 cameras. Black Friday starting, wondering if there is a Black Friday thread for security systems and if someone can share if they have a good resource. Thanks

    submitted by /u/no_nutella
    [link] [comments]

    Need help identifying security camera

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:06 AM PST

    Hey there!

    Just purchased a home and they have these cameras installed in several places. I believe they're POE because they only have a cat5 cable running to them.

    Snapped a couple pics when we toured it - I'm 1500 miles away now, so the only information I have is contained in the pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/qgwdHdH

    Anyone know what brand/model this is? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Shahkahkahn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment