• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Home security: What is my best option for security?

    Home security: What is my best option for security?


    What is my best option for security?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I have tried to read through quite a bit on this sub and answer my own questions, but I'd like some more input. Here's where I'm at:

    *I am a younger woman living alone in a house with no garage so it's obvious I live alone/when I am home.

    *It's a small house with 2 doors in addition to a sliding glass door onto the back deck.

    *I have 8 ground level windows.

    *I have multiple firearms in the home I am well practiced and very comfortable with.

    *I have a door bar and wedge for the sliding glass door.

    *I have installed long screws in the deadbolts of my two entrances.

    So friends, my question is this: what kind of security system should I install? I'm renting, so I don't want to wire a whole system if it can be avoided, but I also have seen a lot of issues discussed with wifi systems. Are there any good wireless systems? I'm not tech savvy at all, so user friendly is imperative. No budget. All advice appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/booksandspooks
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be worried my landlord changed my lock but it uses the same key?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    sorry if this is stupid. I live in an apartment complex of around 80 units. My front and back door both have a deadbolt and a handle lock. All of these locks use the same key.

    My front door deadbolt became stuck in the locked position, I could not unlock it. So I used the back door when I left and let the leasing office know on my way out.

    They called to tell me they replaced the lock, and when I asked if I needed a new key they said no.

    To me having a lock that fits my key on hand makes it seem like they are using this same lock and key setup on other doors, and someone else could use their key on my door.

    Why am I wrong? I know that can't be right , but how would they have a lock for my key on hand ?

    Side note- I know they did not just fix the deadbolt , they replaced the lock completely

    submitted by /u/Notadmtdealer
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Guys, I'm posting this for a friend. Can anyone help me figure out what state this license plate belongs to? This happened in Las Vegas but not a Nevada plate. Appreciate all the help!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    Software for Mac Mini?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    right now i'm using blue iris on a pc but want to switch to my mac mini.

    what are the best options for the mac for about 6 hikvision cameras?

    preferably with the same detection / recording options as blue iris.

    submitted by /u/azz_iff
    [link] [comments]

    If you use a home security system. Do you live in an Urban Area or The Suburbs ?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    Home security system meaning-

    ADT, Simpli-Safe, Honeywell, etc

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/axa0000
    [link] [comments]

    ADT alarm went off at 3 am for no reason.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    We've been living in our house with ADT for 6 months now and never had any issues. Tonight, we were woken up at 3 am by the alarm going off. We jumped up and ran into the hall and the alarm turned off right before we were able to turn it off ourselves. We checked the entire house and didn't see anything suspicious or anything that indicated it could've set the alarm off. We called ADT and they said they didn't receive any notifications because it must've turned off quicker than 30 seconds so there is nothing they can see. Is this a faulty system?? Is this normal? Not looking forward to going to sleep if this is going to continue happening in the middle of the night..

    submitted by /u/ohsus
    [link] [comments]

    Low windows - what kind of security can i use?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    I live on the lower lvl of a 2 family home. Windows sre very low. Can walk right in if unlocked. What can i use to make windows more secuee

    submitted by /u/Cranberi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment