• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Home security: Ring - but for google home

    Home security: Ring - but for google home


    Ring - but for google home

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    Im looking for a all around system for my home; like ring (or simplisalfe) but that works with google home. Im looking for door/window sensors, panels (for code input, not FOB only system) and motion sensors. Simplisafe is pretty much perfect, but the self-monitor (app, notification etc) is behind their premium service paywall. Ring would also be great but no google home support. I live in denmark, so i cant get nest secure which even starts to seem a bit outdated - maybe something new is on the way?

    Does anyone know of a system like Ring - that works for google home - or exactly like simplisafe - but with self monitoring that does not require a massive subscription? For my cameras and doorbell i use Nest

    submitted by /u/TheRune
    [link] [comments]

    Resideo ProSeries released (finally)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    Recommendations for Peephole Camera?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Hello, looking for recommendations on a Peephole Camera that meets the following criteria?

    Wireless
    Open Source Friendly.
    Not locked to third party software/cloud.
    Inside Mounted.
    Cant modify/damage door significantly.

    submitted by /u/Rayston
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless for the older generation

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    Seeing if anyone has a top 3 recommendation for wireless cameras. I've been asked by many people 55+ that they should get cameras help with keeping an eye on main entries to home, shed, etc. I've been doing some research on wifi and ones that can record just to the hub. I know wired is better but most just want something they might have to recharge a battery once a year or not at all. They want to just be able to download an app and see footage or see someone breaking in when they are gone or stealing whatever right away. They are more for bang for the buck people. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Murfstud
    [link] [comments]

    Good lightweight DVR with potential AI Detection?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    I am finally putting in wired security cameras throughout my house (previously used wyze cams) and I'm looking for a good lightweight DVR system that I can use that might have AI detection. I am familiar with Blue Iris but was wondering if there is any good alternatives that are linux or docker based.

    submitted by /u/DiabloKing
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion for outdoor fisheye camera

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Hi, I would like to get a camera with the following criteria: - outdoor (IP66) - poe - 180 degrees FOV - wall mountable - no cloud needed - good night vision

    I'm open for suggestions of any kind.

    Thank you Mirko

    submitted by /u/mirko-reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Trail cameras for farm

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    We just had a break in at our farm that no one lives at. They stole a lot of cannabis (for cbd) and they literally beat through the outside wall of the grow room to steal some very expensive lights. My wifi cameras somehow did not catch them. Maybe the network went out? Maybe they saw me place the cameras earlier this week and avoided them. I don't know but I am done with this. We are getting a security system put in but because a lot of the property has no cell service, no wifi or power I want to put a lot of trail cams all over the place. I don't need cell network on them, or remote viewing. I need the cheapest best picture quality trail cams I can find. I need almost no features except amazing picture quality and durability. My plan is to put 10 of these things all over the property and once a week pull the sd card and see where these people are coming on the property and identify them. What is the cheapest option with good picture quality and motion sense. Thank you

    submitted by /u/FlowerChildGP
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment