• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    Home security: Indoor security cameras inside of house pointing outside instead of an outdoor camera ?

    Home security: Indoor security cameras inside of house pointing outside instead of an outdoor camera ?


    Indoor security cameras inside of house pointing outside instead of an outdoor camera ?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I am wondering if, for practical purposes it might be easier or cheaper to use an indoor camera pointed outside through a window, Say it is easier to mount inside the house and won't require installation outside, thanks

    submitted by /u/homestead1111
    [link] [comments]

    taking advantage of cheap cameras like Wyze or Nest but not wanting to pay fees ? Is this possible.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I see the Wyze cameras are a pretty good deal and probably because they want you to pay a fee, like other cheap cameras.

    Has anyone found some freedom but also one of these camera systems a good play to invest ?

    submitted by /u/homestead1111
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to go from a monthly subscription to self hosted?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Hey, I've got this panel and curious if its possible to drop the monthly subscription in favour of a closed system or even a self hosted connected system to save some money.

    https://imgur.com/a/SZth2Kv

    I dont have much hope with this type of thing but fingers crossed!

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Squiggy_Pusterdump
    [link] [comments]

    What to do if I detect an intruder in my home while in another state

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Say I am on vacation with the family to New York (but I live in Florida) and I have a camera inside my home that alerts me to motion, I pull up the app on my phone and see a burglar ransacking my home. Should I call 9-1-1? If I do that from New York, won't that go to a call center in New York? Will it get routed to my local police in Florida in a timely manner? My local police ONLY have a NON-emergency number listed on their website. For emergencies it says call 9-1-1. Thank you for any helpful feedback or ideas you may have! PS - I live in orange county FL (OCSO.com)

    submitted by /u/bootsnooper
    [link] [comments]

    I recently bought a 4k Lorex IP system and don't know if I'm happy with it?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    I recently bought a 4k Lorex IP system ( https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/4k-ultra-hd-ip-nvr-security-camera-system-with-6-ip-cameras/4KSDAI84-2-1-p ) and have been testing it out about a week (not installed) but am not very happy with it. It seems buggy and glitchy plus the cameras do not see as clear as I'd like and it is only 15fpsd at 4k.. I'm on about a 1k budget and thinking of returning these. I like the fact Lorex has Face Detection/Person/Vehicle but even that is hit or miss. What system would you recommend? This is for my home and I'm looking for a 4 camera NVR IP system to clearly see faces 10-30 feet. Would be nice to see license plates too no further than 30-60 feet away tops. I see a lot of people recommend Hikvision and Axis but haven't been able to find any bundled NVR plus camera kits? Any and all suggestions on camera systems would be appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Freddie1275
    [link] [comments]

    Any renter friendly surveillance options?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Hi,

    So somebody attempted to break into our apartment today. My wife awoke to somebody going door to door (we're in a building of apartment) and attempting to unlatch the door. This was in the middle of the day which was spooky. She called the police who were apparently on the scene in a minute. But we don't know whether the attempted robber was appraised or not.

    I've always been worried about security here but, as a renter, I don't feel like there's much I can do.

    I bought a battery powered doorbell camera form Aliexpress that basically didn't work. I've been reading on this sub about POE IP cameras but ... there's no way we can bring ethernet cable outside as it would require physically altering the apartment.

    Are there any good renter friendly options? Where the guy tried to break in is the front door. All the other entrances are above a restaurant so would seem like really bad places to try gain access (CCTV coverage). So that seems like the logical place to have surveillance.

    ETA: I'm based in Israel not the US. It's a little difficult to get stuff here.

    submitted by /u/drjlm3
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapest monthly security?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Does anyone have any recommendations on cheap monthly security? Just need it to alarm when unauthorized access occurs or if a window breaks to put off the intruder and call the police. I don't mind the upfront costs as much but obviously don't want anything too expensive either. It will be for a New home

    I know amazon is having a sale on their devices and they offer 10$ a month security with their home security system.

    submitted by /u/thesoulespada
    [link] [comments]

    Location of 2 outside Blink cameras?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    New to me his sub. What are the general principles as far as where I should place these two cameras one in the back one in the front. Optimal height which areas of the outside the house do I want watched?

    submitted by /u/conchpillow
    [link] [comments]

    Best 4K cameras for cold weather?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    I was just about to purchase the Reolink 4K system when I saw that it only works to -10°C. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada where it will hit -40 at least once each winter. Working at -30°C should work fine for 98% of the days. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/badaboom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment