• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    Home security: WiFi cameras connection with NVR

    Home security: WiFi cameras connection with NVR


    WiFi cameras connection with NVR

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    Is it possible to connect different brand cameras (ring, wave & night owl) to a NVR wirelessly? I would like all of my cameras to be somewhat merged to where I don't have to flip through different apps to see my video content. Also I rent so I don't want to have to put wires all around the house for each camera. I just want to connect about 4 cameras total. I haven't purchased a NVR yet so any suggestions on one for my needs?

    submitted by /u/Juju1566
    [link] [comments]

    Secure Indoor WIFI Camera Local/Live View Only - No Cloud

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Best camera that doesn't phone home to some sketchy server, isn't pushing anything up to the cloud, and just let's you see live video?

    Something that works with wifi - and ideally supports moving the camera remotely. Also ideal is working from Linux and not needing a mobile app to check the feeds or adjust the camera.

    https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-protect-cameras/products/unifi-video-g3-flex-camera Seems pricey but perfect - only it seems to be ethernet only.

    submitted by /u/baronvoncommentz
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me find a specific kind of ptz camera?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    I saw a ptz camera called a Motorola scout 1100. It's a ptz camera with a wireless video screen that you can control the camera from. My problem is that I would like to have audio also but I can't find any other security camera that has the remote control video screen like this camera does for an outdoor camera. Does anyone know of any other security cameras with these features?

    submitted by /u/Naquarius1234
    [link] [comments]

    Have cameras, looking for a monitoring system

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I have some cameras that at the moment I view and record individually.

    I would love to have one unit that can view them simultaneously, record simultaneously, etc. Something like this, except all the ones I have seem to come with their own cameras: https://www.amazon.com/CasaCam-Wireless-Security-Nightvision-Touchscreen/dp/B07P84YG61/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=monitor+surveillance+system&qid=1602662138&s=photo&sr=1-3

    Basically, I want to be able to:

    -connect my existing, analog cameras (but I don't mind running them through a converter to make them digital)

    -record all simultaneously or one at a time, when I click record

    -view them in different configs (one cam view, two cam view, four cam view)

    And that's about it. I can't be the only one that wants something like this but I cant seem to find anything! Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms?

    Regardless, would really appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction. Thank you!

    Edit to add: I couldn't care less if it interface with other devices like my phone or computer; in fact I would probably prefer if it didn't

    submitted by /u/multiverse4
    [link] [comments]

    Asking for Driveway security camera recommendation

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Our cars keep getting broken into at night. I know next to nothing about home security, but I'm looking for something -fair priced -with no monthly subscription fee -that comes with an app that lets you check feed from your phone -which preferrably plugs into an outlet, but batteries are fine too -bonus if it comes w/ notification alerts for movement

    If anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/d0vahkiit
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations on reputable install and management companies

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    US - North Texas Recently been some domestic violence issues in the family and the offending party has demonstrated ill intent by showing up places they really shouldn't.

    I would like to know a reputable company that can come out and do installs as well as management, hopefully including something with outdoor cameras.

    While I am the DIY type, it's a safety concern at the moment and we need something quick.

    submitted by /u/GovernmentJello
    [link] [comments]

    Doorbell camera that uses ONVIF, PoE and will also connect to existing doorbell

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Ok, I might be asking for a lot. I want to use a doorbell camera with my Lorex NVR. My cameras are PoE, and I ran a spare cable to the doorbell just in case. I would like to plug the doorbell camera in so I have a direct connection to my NVR. If I cannot have this, I can deal. Either way, I want to be able to use my existing chime, so if I can use PoE it needs to be able to connect to the chime as well. Otherwise, WiFi with power from the doorbell would work. I know Lorex offers a camera doorbell now, but they told me it WOULD work with my NVR after asking for the model, only to find out it WON'T work once I got it. Promptly returned.

    submitted by /u/DrOrinScrivelloDDS
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone find any good Prime Day deals for cameras?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    2K CLOUD ?? Does HeimVision Cloud Service Support 2K resolution?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    HeimVision 2K 3MP Security Camera

    (1) Does this camera allow a cloud subscription?

    (2) If yes, will it save the video to HeimVision cloud service specifically in 2K resolution? Or does it get reduced to 1080p resolution, for such saved cloud videos? Again, does their cloud service specifically save at 2k resolution?

    (3) Is the motion sensor for this camera pixel based motion, analyzing pixels in video to detect motion? or is it PIR sensor?

    https://www.heimvision.com/products/heimvision-hm302-3mp-hd-wireless-camera

    submitted by /u/Professional-Ad1920
    [link] [comments]

    How to connect a PoE wired “IP” camera to > Cat6 to > BNC DVR (NVR hybrid)?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    I have a DVR (NVR hybrid) with only BNC connections.

    • (I don't have the model number, but it's hybrid and I think it can accept digital video signals, not just analog. Edit: ANNKE NVR "This robust 8-channel 5-in-1 5MP Lite DVR recorder supports CVI/CVBS/AHD/TVI and IP cameras. In addition to 8pcs analog cameras, you can add 2pcs more IP cameras." https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GB1IMS4)

    Can I connect it to a PoE wired camera, using a Passive Video Balun converter? (The PoE camera comes with an optional Power supply.)

    1. Connect PoE camera to a Cat6 cable (50 ft), and connect the Cat6 to a "Passive" "Video Balun" (RJ45 to BNC adapter)? The Balun turns into 2 tails: BNC and power. Then I connect the BNC end to the DVR, and the power end to a wall Adapter (that came with the PoE camera, which should supply the correct volts).
    • The NVR is using it's only Cat6 connection to connect to the LAN/Internet. So I think the Poe Camera can connect to a hub > to NVR. But Im asking if PoE to Cat6 to BNC on DVR is possible.

    E.g. connect this camera: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQ2T89L/To this Passive Video Balun adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q88CS6H

    1b) Do I ALSO need to convert the "IP video" format to "analog video" > for the NVR to understand the signal coming into the BNC video-in (which I adapted from a PoE camera)?

    Or is there usually a setting in the NVR (hybrid) to tell it that the BNC video-in – is a "digital" signal – thus no extra converter is needed?

    2) Or do I need an "active" video balun (powered), because PoE means power in the Cat6 cable?

    3) Or will the "Passive" "Video Balun" give power in the Cat6 anyways, as long as I connect the wall Adapter... And is passive vs active only important for the "distance" of the Cat6 cable: 50ft (passive) vs 1500ft (active)?Thank you.

    submitted by /u/trader94
    [link] [comments]

    HavenLock BT Connect door locking mechanism lock currently on Prime Day offer.Is it worth it?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Is it worth it? Are there any alternatives for Europe? Asking as planning to buy it but it cost additional usd100 to get it delivered to UK.

    submitted by /u/mtodak7
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for system

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    Looking to buy a home security system, must have night vision, above 1080p quality, replaceable harddrive, wireless, recording where I can rewind and watch from a computer monitor, 4-8 cameras, I'd like to order it within two days so any help is much appreciated, money isnt a problem but I would like too keep it around 350, if I have to go higher to get what I want to stop my brother and his friends from stealing my shi so be it. I've been looking for two days but can't find anything that meet all my requirements though maybe someone here could help me out.

    submitted by /u/-Jor
    [link] [comments]

    Single-camera reccomendations

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    My apartment neighbors have been bringing over guests who have vandalized the parking lot twice and after confronting them both times, and speaking with the landlord, I have a fear that they will try to (or "accidentally") damage my vehicles if they return again.

    I'm looking for a single outdoor camera that is capable of clear picture at night (enough to show police and make a case if they do something). As for physical/cloud storage I'm fine with either, and I'm hoping to keep it under $200. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/-Frenzy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good WiFi camera that records 24/7, any recommendations?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Hi

    Can anybody recommend me a good camera that I can access with a mobile app, records 24/7 and has WiFi ? I was thinking about this one, what you guys think ?

    I already bought pretty much every chinese camera that Amazon UK is selling but it's all trash.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/dmgr14
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For A Residential Security System

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Our Neighborhood Has had a spike in crime rates and we were looking into a security system for our house, originally bought a cheap system with keypad and 2 door sensors and 1 motion sensor, the dang thing sucked through batteries like so fast I gave up on it and the range was really bad for the sensors.

    I saw this system by DSC Called the power series neo and it seemed to be really great since it included wired and wireless sensors and keypads, It was looking really good until the price tag came out to 700 CAD which was too much for our budget.

    I thought there had to be something better, I am looking for some help. I am looking for a system that is expandable with a minimum of 8 zones, wireless is fine for sensors but the keypad can be wired or wireless, I am looking for something reliable and good range for the wireless. And i need a system with the option for no monthly fees, Overall I am looking for what the DSC system had but at a lower price.

    Thanks for reading and I hope somebody can give me a hand with this.

    submitted by /u/BryTechYT
    [link] [comments]

    Security cameras with local storage

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I am looking for a wireless camera system that can be used indoors/outdoors, battery powered, that comes with its own hard drive for local storage so I don't have to pay for cloud storage. I saw a similar system posted here but forgot to save it. Does anyone have recommendations that fit these specs? Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/jar_full_of_farts
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment