• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Home security: I want a doorbell camera installed in my house but there is a problem

    Home security: I want a doorbell camera installed in my house but there is a problem


    I want a doorbell camera installed in my house but there is a problem

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I live in a rented apartment in a neighbourhood that is kind of shady. I am at work till late evening and I have small kids at home. So I have been thinking of installing a video doorbell so that I can see who is visiting my house while I am away. I talked to my landlord and he said that installing a doorbell with video recording is fine but there should be no drilling or denting. Do you guys have any suggestions on what video doorbell I could go for given that my landlord is insisting on a drill-less installation.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/AaronStormy
    [link] [comments]

    Cheaper home security cameras?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    I currently have a Wansview from Amazon and it works fine as we got it to keep an eye on the animals while we are gone.. however, we now have a house vs an apartment and would like to add a couple more cameras.. potentially one outdoors.

    Should we go with another Wansview setup to keep them within the same app?

    I don't mind having two different apps if there is a better value product. I currently don't have any cloud storage but I wouldn't mind that option.

    We move fairly often for work so I am not looking for something too permanent on this setup, hence the cheaper route for cameras.

    submitted by /u/Fiijit
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Security Systems with remote viewing that arent cloud/"app" based? Do these exist?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Is there such a thing?
    We are looking for a home security system and would like remote viewing as an option, it seems all options are app based/ cloud systems.

    We would rather not send all of our footage to a cloud that likely sells/leaks data etc. Ive seen a few articles about how many of these cloud networks/companies basically have very poor security integrity as far as their users data/footage go.
    Perhaps a brand/ company that has high integrity in data/footage protection?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/oh_member_I_member
    [link] [comments]

    Spooked by IPCAMTALK

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    I was looking for a home defence system and came across fenderman and IPCAMTALK. I then found numerous threads warning people away from the forum.

    I looked on it: It looks like r/Trump is actually ipcamtalk

    https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/us-presidential-election-2020-politics.48600/page-138

    https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/us-presidential-election-2020-politics.48600/page-139

    Apparently Trump pulling stimulus off the table is meant to own the blue states.

    What type of pscyhology draws people to that forum? I'm wondering if CCTV camera people are somehow more paranoid and bitter. No, because I have them but What is up with that place?

    submitted by /u/TreezLollipopz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment