• Breaking News

    Friday, September 25, 2020

    Home security: YI Cameras won't let me switch my 24/7 recording to an outdoor camera (a gray circle blocks me) any ideas? It only lets me select indoor cameras

    Home security: YI Cameras won't let me switch my 24/7 recording to an outdoor camera (a gray circle blocks me) any ideas? It only lets me select indoor cameras


    YI Cameras won't let me switch my 24/7 recording to an outdoor camera (a gray circle blocks me) any ideas? It only lets me select indoor cameras

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    7 Best Security Door Stopper Reviews 2020

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Looking for home security camera options other than Ring. See my first comment for more details.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Best Security System For Large Property? Not That ADT #%^* !

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    What do the wealthy use ? And who are the market leaders in this sector

    submitted by /u/birdwatchinghero
    [link] [comments]

    Ring has a new indoor camera drone

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Swann floodlight camera system doesn't work very well. Tech support ignored me.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Flowcam hardware version 3. I paid $150 but I let it sit in the box for too long so my warranty ran out.

    I got the Swann security app on my phone and adjusted settings. First off the motion detector doesn't work period and therefore the floodlights never come on. I'm supposed to have 2 days worth of recorded video for free but it doesn't record anything. All it does is snap still images on occasion. It's super slow to connect to camera if it does at all.

    All setting options do nothing. The lights are supposed to trigger with motion and stay on for the option I select but nope. I can view realtime video and hear audio, intercom is hit and miss. Tech support ignores any and all emails. My app review on Playstore got a generic "Sorry you're disappointed " automated response from them.

    So is there anything I can do to make it functional or is it just defective?

    submitted by /u/547217
    [link] [comments]

    How can I protect Ethernet connectors and keystone jacks that are exposed to the element?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    These are outdoor security cameras which are powered over Ethernet lines. I wrapped the exposed areas with plastic and duct tape but over the years they stopped working. I'm planning to take them down for some repairs but before I put them back up I was hoping for some advice on how I can prevent it from happening again.

    submitted by /u/jraeemih
    [link] [comments]

    Done with Ring. Can anyone recommend DEPENDABLE wireless cameras that I can run off solar?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Have struggled with Ring for years. Long story short, their products do not work properly. I have the Doorbell, the stick up cams, they go down regulalry and don't warn me that they are down. Then i have to go up on a ladder 12 feet in the air (!) to reset them. When they are working, it takes at least 20 seconds to get a video image up on the app. All of this might point to a bad wifi connection but I have a mesh system and regularly speed test at 30-60 mbs wireless outside the house which I think should be plenty to support this.

    What I would like to do is get a system with battery powered cameras that I can wire into remotely mounted solar panels to keep them charged. I think video should come up on my phone in approx 5 seconds or less after openning the app that supports it. Can anyone suggest any systems or products that would supportthis spec?

    Thank you so much in advance. 🙏

    submitted by /u/BuckySpanklestein
    [link] [comments]

    wow, I see reolink wants people to test their new camera with person/vehicle detection

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    I learned from the /r/reolinkcam that reolink guy claims is their offcial subreddit. It seems you apply and if successful, you'll get their camera. The camera has person/vehicle detection, which I think can reduce my false alarms. Looks it's a solid choice.

    I applied and I just want to share you a chance to get a free camera. LOL It seems interesting!

    submitted by /u/monstercg
    [link] [comments]

    Wired ethernet ip cameras that support phone notification when motion is detected?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    All of the smart cameras I have seen such as Nest or Arloo all use wifi. Since I'd like to record HD video to a server all the time, wifi isn't going cut it as it will just congest what is already a crowded spectrum. I have seen other smart cameras that have face recognition such as hikvision, but those don't seem to notify phones when they detect something, only using email.

    So what are the brands of cameras out there that can notify my phone on movement or face detection? Alexa integration and plugin-free browser access is a plus.

    submitted by /u/zolstarym
    [link] [comments]

    Need NVR and camera advice

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    I'm installing 4 PoE outdoor cameras. I had someone wire the place. The cameras they supply and recommended are Luma 510s:

    https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/luma-surveillance-510-series-nvr-lum-510-nvr-a

    https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/luma-surveillance-trade%3B-510-series-dome-ip-outdoor-camera-lum-510-dom-ip-a

    The NVR is $1700 and cameras are $500 each. Seems super expensive but I don't know. Can anyone recommend a comparable set-up in terms of quality and ease of use, but maybe a lower price point? I've been researching this and it's a lot.

    submitted by /u/WindsoftheNorth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment