• Breaking News

    Friday, September 25, 2020

    Home security: Door sensors stopped working

    Home security: Door sensors stopped working


    Door sensors stopped working

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    I have a DSC system and the sensors on two of my doors stopped working this evening (no longer chime, can't arm system). The two that have stopped working are recessed magnetic sensors, and I'm assuming they're wired since the door that still registers has an exterior wireless sensor. Anyone have any recommendations for a fix? I was thinking one of my sensors was bad until I noticed that the other door wasn't registering either...

    submitted by /u/goldbergenstein
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice on lock purchase wifi or Bluetooth compatible with iOS

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Shortly I will have people, I know, in and out while I'm not home at times. I want to replace my keyed entry with a coded lock. Ideally one where each user has an assigned code and I can see when they use it. I don't want to have a separate hub or smart device and want to be able to operate the device on my phone (iOS). I'm unsure of the benefits of Bluetooth vs wifi.

    Please leave suggestion which locks I should be looking at to purchase! Thank you in advance!!

    submitted by /u/informedkindness
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex Stratus application security vulnerability?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Anyone know if this application has a security vulnerability?

    One of my clients had their computer compromised by an unknown 3rd party who took control of the mouse. The client told me that the Lorex Stratus client appeared on the screen before the computer was compromised.

    When I remoted into their computer to investigate, I noticed that the rsplay.dll from the application was added to both the antivirus and firewall exceptions lists, and the firewall ruleset was set to allow incoming/outgoing connections to rsplay.dll.

    What is interesting to note is that a Lorex DVR was used a year ago but was replaced. I believe 2 of their cameras are Lorex brand but are analog connections (not ethernet/ip).

    My thought is that the software has a backdoor/security vulnerability that listens to a specific port since there is no hardware that would be accessing the internet. The client has other computers which can view their cameras but do not have the lorex software installed and they are unaffected.

    submitted by /u/CockGobblin
    [link] [comments]

    Need NVR and camera advice

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I'm installing 4 PoE outdoor cameras. I had someone wire the place. The cameras they supply and recommended are Luma 510:

    https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/luma-surveillance-510-series-nvr-lum-510-nvr-a

    https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/luma-surveillance-trade%3B-510-series-dome-ip-outdoor-camera-lum-510-dom-ip-a

    The NVR is $1700 and cameras are $500 each. Seems super expensive. Can anyone recommend a comparable set-up in terms of quality and ease of use, with a lower price point? I've been researching this and it's a lot.

    submitted by /u/WindsoftheNorth
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice on a new system.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    I recently had my car parted right in my driveway in the middle of the night. I feel so incredibly violated. I am wondering what recommendations the community has for home security setups. I hear from people I work with that I need to get ring stuff.

    I want to be able to set something up that is fairly user friendly and reliable than my Yi(shit)Camera. That way there aren't too many barriers for my wife to be able to navigate it. She isnt very good with how electronics work.

    I would be most interested in good motion detection and something that would alert enough to wake us up when something is going on outdoors in my driveway, or back yard, etc. Good night vision is a must. I might be doing window sensors too, but I don't know where to even begin.

    Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

    submitted by /u/Slushy182
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some cameras outdoors

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a outdoor security camera (preferably a solar power recharged one) that can stay outdoors 24/7 all year. Maybe one that can have a physical storage and cloud storage. Just today on our own property some lady went into our car and stole some bandages. Good thing there wasn't anything valuable in the car this time but still even though one my neighbors stopped them from taking anything else we think we should get some cameras set up outside so we can monitor for any more intruders. Normally my neighborhood is generally chill especially with a law enforcement officer just down the street basically about the corner down the block. Recommendations are encouraged.

    submitted by /u/KingZGShadow
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on locking door from outside without needing to make huge modifications to a door.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Currently I live on a property with a manager who has a master key and is suspected of entering apartments without notice. Is there anyway I can lock the door when I leave for extended periods from the outside?

    I was thinking of maybe a chain setup with a lock so you can open the door part way before the chain stops the door where the gap is too small for a human to go through and then you have to unlock the chain from the gap in order enter. However I can't find any setup like this for sale.

    Does anyone know any lock setups where you can lock it from the outside without drilling any huge holes into the door?

    submitted by /u/RandChimp
    [link] [comments]

    Just moved into a home

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I just bought a home with a pre-existing set of Kwikset 909. They are in great condition and I had a locksmith come out to change all the keys. Is there a way I can reset the Kwikset and program my own code for the door without knowing the current code?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/currzlite
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth external door lock UK

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for UK pvc door, for a bluetooth compatible electronic lock. Where to lock the door you first have to lift handle up.

    Not sure which ones hsve the power to lift up the catch/lock.

    Any help

    submitted by /u/chrisgwynne
    [link] [comments]

    CPI Security 2GIG Default Installer Code

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Does anyone know the default installer code for CPI Security 2GIG System. It is not 1561 and a few other common combinations.

    submitted by /u/DWheeless
    [link] [comments]

    Mini-Solar Panel For Outdoor Camera

    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Sorry if not correct place to post. Has anyone used or have a recommendation for a mini-soloar panel to power an outdoor camera? Specifically a Frontpoint camera. Would prefer not to have a cord running down the side of my house.

    submitted by /u/purdue4life
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment