• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Home security: [US-NY] Looking for a weapon (shotgun?) for home defense. Any recommendations that are pretty affordable?

    Home security: [US-NY] Looking for a weapon (shotgun?) for home defense. Any recommendations that are pretty affordable?


    [US-NY] Looking for a weapon (shotgun?) for home defense. Any recommendations that are pretty affordable?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    I am looking to purchase my first gun to be used solely for home defense. I have always heard that shotgun is king for stopping burglars, should that day ever come. I was curious if it is as simple as going to the store and letting them do the background check, then I can purchase one?

    I think that places like Dick's Sporting Goods and Walmart have hunting sections. Just curious on what kind would be good to have, and maybe any ammo/gun safe recommendations? I'm hearing a lot about an ammo shortage cause of the craziness of the world, so not sure if that's gonna be an issue. Also, my wife and I are hoping there's some gun safety courses still going on with COVID, so we can be responsible and safely know how to operate the weapon should the need ever arise.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ZERPaLERP
    [link] [comments]

    Tactical Walls substitutes?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Anyone have any cheaper/better options to the tactical walls concealment mirrors?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Bolt_release
    [link] [comments]

    8 Best Front Door Locks Reviews | Top Picks Of 2020

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Do You "Home Carry?" [firearms, knives, pepper spray, Taser, katana, etc.]

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    For those with a weapon, do you keep it on you at home? I recently watched a YouTube video with Massad AyoobWiki titled "Don't Answer That Door!YouTube" (only 4 minutes). In the first 30 seconds, he answers the door and someone pushes their way in, he draws a weapon super-fast. The rest of the video is awesome, but I wanted to ask people whether or not they keep their tools on them at home? Why? or Why not?

    submitted by /u/nooneshuckleberry
    [link] [comments]

    Stranger laying in neighbors front yard at 3:30AM

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    It's a fairly active neighborhood as far as suspicious characters go. I got in my vehicle this morning (we keep porch light on and have motion sensor lights) and as I was pulling out into the street my lights caught this guy lying in fetal position with his back to the curb at the edge of my neighbors front yard. He was wearing a black and white hoodie with the hood up over his head

    Our next door neighbor is a single teacher and he's a homebody and we are lucky if we even see him once a month, he never has company over so I know it wasn't anyone he knew.

    My work is a block away so when I got to work I called dispatch and told them what I saw and asked if they could send someone to check on the man.

    What do you suppose he was up to, anything obvious? He didn't look homeless. It is a low income hood and drugs are a prevalent problem. I told dispatch I wouldn't need a follow up call, two others were in my house so I wasn't immediately concerned for a break in.

    I'm thinking about investing in some blink cameras and a door/window alarm system.

    submitted by /u/AuroraCosmoss
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone use or have any experience with powerline adapters?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Looking at installing 3 cameras where running cable would not be feasible. Are powerline adapters fairly reliable? Do I also need a POE injector between the powerline adapter and camera?

    submitted by /u/timn420
    [link] [comments]

    How do I view POE cameras remotely

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    I have a new home being built and was able to have them prewire some cat 6 cables for a 5 camera POE system. I'm on the fence on an Amcrest or Dahua system with their respective NVR but I'm unsure if I can connect to either remotely at work. Do i need to have a separate computer and blue iris for that functionality? I'm planning to run the house on smarttiles locally for a couple mounted devices but I want to be able to see my cameras while on a trip and/or access recordings. Any insight/recommendations is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/RequiemSkyy
    [link] [comments]

    Surveillance cameras repurposed for machine vision.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with an outdoor dome camera that is fully API controllable? It's for a robotics project. I would like to be able to tell it where to go, (position and focus) based on custom code. I'd also like a varifocal unit with high zoom capabilities. I was going to start from scratch with some board cameras and motors, but thought I might be reinventing the wheel if someone here knows about a pre-built option that already exist.

    submitted by /u/reddit_stole_my_un
    [link] [comments]

    Noob as far as security cameras. Bare with me plz

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Looking into getting 2-3 possibly 4. Outdoor cameras for my house. Trying to steer clear of wifi cameras. Obviously want good resolution, wired or wireless with option to record even If I had to delete memory after a while. If possible may even get just 1-2 out of 3 hidden cameras. As in jus putting on into a tree with a good view.

    submitted by /u/eacondidabirdy
    [link] [comments]

    Ubiquiti G4 Doorbell is misleading. Buyer beware!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Just received my UBNT G4 Doorbell after months of anticipation. Just to find that the damn thing won't work without a specific hardware recorder.

    The Ubiquiti sales page for the doorbell cam here https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-protect/products/uvc-g4-doorbell has verbiage that says: "UniFi Protect integration

    This leads anyone buying it to believe that you can get it to work on their older Unifi Video software that the rest of their cameras use which runs fine on any spare server hardware you may have.

    Nowhere on the website does it say that it "Needs" this software for any functionality at all. As with other Ubnt products and cameras you can have them be standalone without need for a controller or use 3rd party open source software for camera feeds.

    THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH THE DOORBELL

    I spent a lot of coin investing in a nice NVR rig to work with all my cameras just to find they are discontinuing Unifi Video and forcing you into their hardware appliance solutions to move forward. You can't even configure this doorbell without first having one of the NVR products.

    submitted by /u/iwoketoanightmare
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a wireless camera system that can hook up to WiFi and upload video. Will need it to have motion detection alerts. These are for an investment property, has electric but not internet. I will need to get a mobile WiFi setup.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment