• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Home security: Temporary door bolt kepad suggest?

    Home security: Temporary door bolt kepad suggest?


    Temporary door bolt kepad suggest?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    Pretty safe in Phoenix mostly, I just want the convenience and perhaps auto locking from such a thing. I live in an apartment.

    submitted by /u/JCDBionicman1
    [link] [comments]

    DSC wireless zone range is disappointing, less than 40 meters outdoors?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm not finding much on the internet about people's experience with the DSC wireless modules, so maybe there is someone around here that have some insights.

    I've installed a DSC 1808 panel with a RF5132 - 868MHz expander in my home. The wireless zones are meant for the outdoor PIRs (Optex WXI/VXS models) and I obviously use the WS8945 door contacts as the transmitters.

    I've installed the RF5132 on the outside of the roof under an overhang, as high as I could find a spot (about 5 meters). I have one Optex passive mounted on a pole about 35m from the receiver with virtually direct line of sight (2 trees in the way) to the receiver. And this zone constantly switches to fault mode because of lack of RF comms.

    On the first day when I installed it, the placement test showed a good result for the location. 2 days later the trouble started. Now it shows either bad location or doesnt even pick up the RF signals. I've switched out the transmitter twice to make sure it wasnt just the transmitter at fault.

    Does anyone have the same experience with very short (in my opinion) range on the devices ? Could the Optex enclosure be attenuating the signal a lot?

    submitted by /u/BalanceOk247
    [link] [comments]

    Bosch/Radionics or Honeywell or DSC

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    I wanted to see on this sub if anyone had an experience with Bosch Security Systems and how it is compared to Honeywell or DSC. I'm familiar with Honeywell systems, and have had experience with DSC, but my locally recommended alarm company only does Bosch. Please let me know if you had a good/bad experience with Bosch!

    submitted by /u/Westleydchen
    [link] [comments]

    DSC PC5108 - how to tell V1.0 from V2.0?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Hi...quick question on the PC5108 zone expanders.

    How can you distinguish a Version 2.0 from a 1.0, outside of a label (that can fall off) or the packaging the board came with? Is there anything printed on the board itself? Or is there a component on one version that is different from the other?

    I need V2.0 for my upgrade and don't want to find out I got a 1.0 untilafter I have 3 mounted and wired.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Keystone0605
    [link] [comments]

    VMS default software is garbage - Any good alternatives?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    So I purchased the " HeimVision HM245 1080P Security Camera System, 8CH 5MP-Lite DVR 4Pcs 1920TVL Outdoor Wired CCTV Camera with Night Vision" system and the VMS software that came with it is straight out of tokyo garbage.

    Is there a better software that the community recommends?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/RandomCatharsis
    [link] [comments]

    Can I replace POE injector with a POE switch?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I have a POE passive injector connected to network switch and power adapter at one end and a POE splitter at the other end connected the POE network camera.

    I can't remove the POE splitter as the camera is not accessible but I want to replace the POE passive injector with a POE switch.

    Will it still work with POE splitter still at the camera end?

    edit: I think I got the answer:
    https://community.fs.com/blog/what-is-poe-splitter-and-how-does-it-work.html
    If I understand correctly, the answer is yes to my question.

    submitted by /u/yeahman2017
    [link] [comments]

    DSC DLS 5 Programming software....where can I purchase/download?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I am a homeowner about to upgrade my Power864 system to PC1864 / ADC SEM210 and would like to use the DSC installer software DLS 5 v1.7 to make the programming easier.

    Any download site options where I can purchase the software, that you trust, for non-professional/DSC dealer?

    submitted by /u/Keystone0605
    [link] [comments]

    PTZ vs fixed camera

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm looking to implement ALPR at the intersection by my house. I live in a Midwest suburban area. The intersection is a T; the Top of the T runs East - west; the loser part of the T runs south. My house has roads north and west of it. The bulk of the traffic is going north on the road and turning left (away from my house) ( and the reverse route). The intersection is about 50' away from the northwest corner of my house. There are no stop signs at the intersection, but nearly everybody comes to a partial or full stop.

    Our area has had a series of night-time minor criminal activity- groups walking/driving down the road, checking for unlocked car doors. A few stolen cars and firearms, but not actually burglary of the homes. It has happened a few times in the 6 ish months I've been here; so I'd say about every 2-3 months. Generally I know within 24 hours if they hit our street, so I don't need lots of old footage. My existing cameras cover our property fairly well, but don't cover the street (UniFi).

    Enough backstory; here's the questions.

    1. I had planned to implement the Dahua PTZ with starlight and 25x optical zoom, when it was pointed out that PTZ is overkill if nobody is actively monitoring.

    What are the community's thoughts on that? I also saw some stuff about cameras tracking activity and recording movement automatically; has anyone played with that and does it work well? Or is it a gimmick? Given I'm not actively monitoring, and the rarity of crime, obviously I wouldn't be able to catch them in the act. Or is PTZ just better so I can mount once and tweak from the comfort of my laptop?

    1. Due to trees, there are really only two spots on the north side of my house that would make sense. Basically, in the eave of my roof, about 18 ft up, or just under the soffit, about 10 ft further away from the intersection, but at street height (9 ft up). What are the community thoughts on the two different locations?

    I had planned to run watchman on the rstp stream, once I got the settings right.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tethys1564
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding a security system

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    I recently moved into a new house and am looking at installing a security system. Ideally it would consist of an outdoor camera that I can integrate with our wifi, and door sensors. My goal is to find something that doesn't have a monthly cost associated with it.

    At my previous house we had used Abode, which the door sensors worked well, but I wasn't able to find a good camera that I could integrate with it so it was all in one system.

    I was hoping someone might have some suggestions. I had seen a post about using an Amcreast camera but it didn't look like they have door sensors.

    submitted by /u/Kruxx353
    [link] [comments]

    AlarmGrid vs Safe Home Central?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    For an alarm.com centrally monitored plan, it looks like SHC is substantially less than AlarmGrid and appears to be at parity for features.

    Is there a reason not to go with SHC?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ViperHU
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment