• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    Home security: PowerSeries PC1832

    Home security: PowerSeries PC1832


    PowerSeries PC1832

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I currently have the DSC PK5500 Pad in my house and my home security just expired and I was looking to self-monitor, so then I purchased the envisalink. Later found out that the installer did not leave the installer code so now needing to reprogram. Is there anyone that knows how and could guide me through the process of reprograming please.

    Thanks so much r/homedefense !

    submitted by /u/lvuoo97
    [link] [comments]

    How safe are garage doors?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    I've always assumed someone could pop up a garage door easily (with a jack or whatever). But I don't think I've actually heard of a case of that happening in a robbery.

    I remember the stories about thieves breaking out garage door windows and unlatching the openers with a coat hanger wire...but I don't have windows in the door.

    any stories? I guess they take the path of least resistance.

    submitted by /u/wwabc
    [link] [comments]

    7 Best Doorbell Chime Reviews | Top Picks of 2020

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Genie Garage Door Keypad

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    I just had a Genie garage door opener installed and it has a remote keypad outside. There are vague instructions on the remote itself about resetting your PIN. It made me wonder, can someone outside simply use the keypad to reset the PIN and then open my garage door?

    submitted by /u/xBuckeyeGuyx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a better 24/7 recording outdoor cameras to combat the large increase in crime in the area under 200$ if possible

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    And moving isn't an option right now, unfortunately.
    Currently using a Wyze v2 modified for outdoor use (since February and still going strong!) and a HeimVision HMD2 Wireless duo to monitor the front yard and driveway. The Wyze cam is meant as a backup to the Heimvision since Heim doesn't always detect humans or other activity (and only records motion) but I am looking for a better outdoor camera that records 24/7 and great video quality like Heim HMD2 does (and under 200$ if possible).
    I plan on moving the Wyze to the blindspot where these random people have been dumping their trash since my main focus is the break and enter activity on vehicles and the scoping out the houses on the street and despite the cameras being in plain view, they've gotten, excuse me but, ballsy, and checking out my property and camera positions.

    Thanks in advance for all your recommendations!

    submitted by /u/AruoraOkami
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for recommendations on a gps tracking device that has a battery life of at least a month, and also can update me if moved.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Samsung smartthings tracker and jiobit seem nice but the battery life is garbage. Does anyone have any experience with another device ?

    submitted by /u/Obi-Wan_Brockovich
    [link] [comments]

    Improvised Weaponry and Defence Solutions

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Hello. my name is Peter Minion. please be aware english is my 8th language, be accomadating and let me know if i have misspoken.

    I have only recently moved to america and do not yet have a gun but want to protect my home (or castle :p) from potential antifa and hip hop style threats. I assume as I am among gentlemen that you have all seen home alone or the james bond film with the gay guy as a villain - both of these films feature rigging a house for defence from external threats. they are quite drastic in those films so i am wondering what more basic and ingenious "DIY" defence systems i could engineer will staying within my modest budget.

    post script: I have considered fashioning a type of basic gun, please advise on what style i should go for

    submitted by /u/peter-minion1981
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment