• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 1, 2020

    Home security: Parents just bought our first house! Looking for an upscale NVR PoE system

    Home security: Parents just bought our first house! Looking for an upscale NVR PoE system


    Parents just bought our first house! Looking for an upscale NVR PoE system

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Hi all, house is in escrow, will be closing soon.

    I am looking for a camera system that records 24/7 on a HDD. I currently really like the Reolink but looking for other recommendations. Here are a list of preferences

    2k/4K resolution 80 degree field of view minimum PoE NVR 24/7 live view as I will have a TV dedicated for it 4TB storage compatible minimum Black Newer models $400-$700 (Can go higher if worth) Packaged as 4 cameras plus optional add ons

    Thanks in advance

    Edit: there is a sale at Costco for the 4 camera Lorax 4k NVR for $650, seems pretty good.

    submitted by /u/Doomedkimchi1
    [link] [comments]

    urgent need for a non-destructive extra lock

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    My female friend has had to move to an incredibly sketchy, SHITTY apartment in a new city. She is understandably scared, and needs extra security. But the she cannot modify the doors in a way that requires drilling and mounting hardware. Is there an external lock or barrier she can put up against the door without having to drill / destroy the apartment property?

    submitted by /u/BONGwaterDOUCHE
    [link] [comments]

    How To Configure Arlo Security Camera?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    We provide support for Arlo Camera, so if you are trying to configure your Arlo Camera, but are unable to do so, then you can get in touch with our experts. Visit our website https://www.arlocamset.com/ and chat with our experts related any issue.

    submitted by /u/arlocamsetup
    [link] [comments]

    Unhappy with Nest and Arlo - who else?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Right now my entire ecosystem is Nest but I've been finding their customer service to be terrible and the recordings are less than reliable (cuts out intermittently even though it's directly above the router).

    I've had Arlo Pro in the past but got rid of it because it didn't trigger until someone was basically almost entirely off my property and the times I would go back to see what happened, the recording never captured anything helpful (one of the things I do like about Nest - when it works).

    I live in the U.K. in case some products are more readily available here, but really I'm just looking for something I can throw up to keep an eye out for the local neds who decide to get funny with my property.

    submitted by /u/Ealisde
    [link] [comments]

    Can security cameras generate lag or consume a lot of bandwidth?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Hey gang, Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but I'm the following situation.

    I'm between installing security cameras with cables through the whole house, or just adding wireless ones throughout the internet (CCTV IP I think it is called). The problem is that here in my country, connections are not well balanced. I have 300MB download Speed, but only 15MB Upload Speed.

    So questions are.
    - Is that enough to work with cameras?
    - Will it consume that upload speed constantly? (that generates gaming lag and terrible video call quality which is much of a problem for my work)
    - Finally how well do the signals need to be? It is a big house and the cameras will be spread.

    I'll use the cameras for surveillance but only record when it detects movement and when I'm not at home, so I guess the simple question would be, how good does your WiFi need to be for a security system to work smoothly?

    submitted by /u/ddmmatias
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here using a raspberry pi as a NAS for camera footage?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    I would like to use my pi 3 B+ with a WD purple drive hooked up as a NAS for use with blue iris, was hoping this would be common.

    submitted by /u/KreaBytez
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor camera needed for security

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I am needing an outdoor camera that can monitor a property but there is no WiFi on site. There are solar panels. Are there any security cameras that work without WiFi or if they all need WiFi what kind of options do I have that won't break the bank. (In the USA). We are having an issue with trespassing and theft. Police say we must have video proof even though we know who is doing it.

    submitted by /u/scared_of_the_shadow
    [link] [comments]

    Changing from a DSC 5010 to 1832

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    I all i have been looking to upgrade my 5010 alarm system to a 1832 due to its wireless capabilities.

    Now i can buy the new alarm panel online for 80 brand new. I called my monitoring company and they told me the panel is 100 and the installation is 150 for a total of 250+tax

    Now i'm pretty tech savvy (automated my own home, coder, did electrical in my entire unfinished basement myself with permits and all) but i've never programmed an alarm. I am not intimidated but do lack the understanding of what i need to do to make it work with my monitoring station. For example the dial out phone number to the monitoring station i dont know. The monitoring station company were unwilling to give me this info and pushing on a technician.

    I know the zones have to be programmed and all which i can figure out. However, are there settings I can take from my existing system and copy them (such as the phone number or whatever else info is needed) and program them in my new panel? Looking for a way to save the $200 if i can.

    Connected hardware is the PC5010 DSC panel, 1 PKG5501, 1 Envisalink 4

    submitted by /u/sks8100
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Turn My Old Android Into a Low Quality Security Cam?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Without wifi. Long story short, I just moved into a new apartment where there have been break Ins. I plan on getting a Nest cam once I have wifi in my apartment, but in the meantime I want to setup a camera.

    The phone is a Moto g7. Is there an app I can download that will allow me to record SUPER low quality video over hours if I delete everything else off the phone? Im not worried about the conditon of the phone. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Chiaotzu21
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any apps/systems besides Nest that send out a thumbnail image when motion is detected?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    I have a couple of ring cameras waiting to be installed, but I really wished their app sent more then just text notifications. Are there any other options besides nest that does this?

    submitted by /u/timn420
    [link] [comments]

    Separating two doors into two zones (Ademco)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    We just moved and have an Ademco Vista 20SE (https://imgur.com/a/43TqNov).

    Zone 6 has two doors connected to it. I would like to separate them into Zone 6 and Zone 7 (which doesn't appear to be taken currently) so that I can bypass one and still set alarm without disabling both. It appears that two contact wires have their green/white wires connected and then green from one connected to one terminal and white from other connected to second terminal. Is it as simple as breaking the connection between two contacts and just wiring one up to the Zone 6 terminals and the other to Zone 7 terminals? Is it okay to do all of this while it has power? I assume I will have to program in Zone 7 somehow after adding?

    Thank you!

    Edit: Fixed model number

    submitted by /u/jlwlynn
    [link] [comments]

    Door Alarm that stays on and doesn't stop after the door is opened

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I am looking for a door alarm that would stay On and keeps sounding off, even when the door is closed quickly.

    Say if an intruder comes in. Opens the door. Alarm goes off. He quickly closes the door back, then alarm dies off. This is what I see in basic sensors available.

    I do not have any security system and I am starting to build one. Do the ring door alarm or any other smart systems keep going off even after the door is closed?

    I have a two story home and we sleep above. I would miss the alarm, if it beeps and the intruder closes the door before I realize it happened. I want a relay that stays open, until I can reset it somehow.

    Let me know, if you know about such a product.

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/shenkris
    [link] [comments]

    ADT security system

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Anyone looking for an ADT security system feel free to contact me and I can set you up with 100% free equipment (brand new).

    submitted by /u/Sliggyslagle
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor cameras that compensate for bright lights

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Budget up to $200 per camera. Looking for PoE cameras compatible with Blue Iris.

    I have a bunch of Ubiquiti G3s that work alright during the day but they leave a lot to be desired at night. Specifically the two out front that pick up lights from the house and headlights of cars in the driveway. These are the two:

    Front walk - https://imgur.com/sUxoed0.jpg

    Driveway - https://imgur.com/vgKP3yH.jpg

    I know the lighting makes things difficult but just wondering if there are some better options to at least help minimize the disruption. In the case of the driveway camera my AI cannot even pickup the human because it's washed out by the vehicle headlights.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/0110010001100010
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment