• Breaking News

    Friday, September 18, 2020

    Home security: Moved into a home with ADT Security System - options?

    Home security: Moved into a home with ADT Security System - options?


    Moved into a home with ADT Security System - options?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    We just moved into a home with an ADT Security System. I'm very unfamiliar with security systems, so I know nothing technical about it - but there is a ADT code box inside the home which is obviously off now, window and door sensors on everything, and that's all I know of now.

    We want a home security system, but we'd like to shop around for the best options. So what I'm asking is if it's easier to keep the existing system and update it for our use, can we switch to a new company (if so, any suggestions)? Honestly, any advice would be appreciated. I've been searching online and am getting more confused than helped.

    I'd love to keep the door sensors and downstairs window sensors, we'd like to install some sort of security camera as well for the front of the home (and maybe the back too). In your opinion what security features are worth having and which are not?

    Thanks in advance!

    Update: https://ibb.co/n1SQYGb here is an image of our system, hopefully this helps.

    submitted by /u/KirstNicoleWest
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I'm new to my area and just wanting to take extra precautions (live literally next to a bar/truckers use the complex parking lot for overnight stays) & add some features/mental security around the home Been searching for a couple days for a basic security system and want real life personal recommendations. I really only need 1 simple, small one but open to other suggestions or potential to upgrade/expand would be nice too. Not much of a budget but would like to stay under or around $100 - $150 at the most, monthly subscription is not an issue either.

    Some basic features I'd like are; -Wifi operated or cloud base. Not sure on specific terms but basically would prefer ability to live watch or rewatch what I want without using an SD Card. -App controlled is almost a must. Weather is phone or computer I'd like to be able to control or view with ease. (Possibly open to livestream to small extermal monitor kinda like AV connections but would rather it be on the phone) -Motion detection and/or Alerts. Mainly to see who's around, if they're around, and when it happens to I can take precautions. Or more positively to see that my package is here or a friend is walking up lol -Corded power (Actual outlet plug or USB I can make extentions) Id like to stay away from rechargeable. Or if its battery operated, something I can swap precharged extra batteries and charge the dead ones -Night vision would be better but I do have a flood light I can rig to assist

    And some extras I've seen and would like as a bonus -Voice capability either 1 way or 2 it doesn't matter but I think that's a near feature -Access ANYWHERE from my phone by an app or cloud service. (If I need to check on something while away) -Solar powered maybe? -Easily hidden but this is not major I have PLENTY of spots I'm already scoping.

    ANY and ALL tips/advice/recommendations/personal experiences will be considered in my final decision.

    Thank you ALL in advance for any kind of help, info, or just a shove in the right direction! 🤗💜

    submitted by /u/turquoisegiraffes
    [link] [comments]

    What home security system should I get?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I'm looking for something that:

    • Sounds an alarm when house is entered

    • Is not a package that requires cameras (I already have those)

    • Will not detect large pets like dogs

    • Can be set up myself (preferred)

    • Will alert police (preferred)

    Please let me know if anything fits this criteria or if any more information is needed. I've been looking around but everything like this requires professional installation. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bulborb
    [link] [comments]

    Security Camera Recommendations?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Here is what I am looking for in an outdoor camera (USA):

    • Plug in camera with Wi-Fi connection (not PoE)
    • 24/7 recording (without a subscription)
    • Motion notifications / alerts
    • Reliable live view / app / interface
    • prefer higher than 1080p
    • Can require an NVR or not
    submitted by /u/spartyon11
    [link] [comments]

    Door/Motion alert?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I need some sort of phone alert when a door opens/motion is detected. Wyze seemed to be recommended, but the current reviews are far from stellar. A simple alert is fine, but a camera with the same alert would work, too.

    submitted by /u/mrturdferguson
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint Humidity

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Yesterday I had the Vivint home security installed.

    The base unit says the humidity in the house is 42%, which is not likely as my town is sitting at 11% humidity and I see and feel no moisture in the home.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/702Sinners
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of any home security companies that buy out contracts?

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Currently locked into an ADT contract for the next 3 years or so. To cancel, the fee is around $800.

    I just purchased a new construction home, and I don't want to transfer my ADT services to this new home, and have my contract restarted 😩

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/chrxstxphxr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment