• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    Home security: Door Keypad & Security

    Home security: Door Keypad & Security


    Door Keypad & Security

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I have two wooden doors, and want to have keypad/digital access, plus interlocking (only one door can open at a time). How do I go for it? Any easy system which i can install myself?

    Something reasonable, steady and possibly easy to install? Any recommendations or guides, model no?

    submitted by /u/fini00l
    [link] [comments]

    Is 24/7 home monitoring worth it? Or overrated? Home security/alarm - Abode, Cove (RapidSOS), Simplisafe, Surety, ADT, Scout?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    Is 24/7 home monitoring worth it yeararound? Or overrated for the price?

    How much would you pay for it monthly? $10, $15, $25, $45?

    Does the home security company you go with have better monitoring than others? or do some companies use live video sent to the 24/7 monitors as a more efficient for real/false alarms. I think Simplisafe top service does this to identify false alarms? worth it?

    What about RapidSOS company that COVE partners? Does it really make a difference?

    I live in a relatively safe neighborhood as far as I know and crime reports online seem low, but it could happen to anyone I suppose. Would you get it still?

    I've heard a thief or someone intending on doing harm will be in and out faster than anyone can get there whether you have monitoring or not. Perhaps RapidSOS can help with this?

    I know you can't put a price on the safety of your family, I'm just wondering if 24/7 monitoring really saves a lot of lives and is more than peace of mind.

    Abode vs Cove (RapidSOS) vs Simplisafe vs Surety vs ADT vs Scout?

    submitted by /u/PermissionGranted117
    [link] [comments]

    ZOSI NVR, how trustworthy?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    What do you think of the ZOSI brand for NVR security systems?

    They are sold in Europe as well as the US.

    There are security and privacy concerns such as weak encryption or backdoors.

    Fair to try or stay off, at all?

    submitted by /u/il_magnificenti
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for wifi camera setup suggestions

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Thank you ahead of time for suggestions. I will respond as I can to any questions.

    I am looking for a 3-4 camera setup with some specific, but not outlandish, requirements. I've done some searching online, but feel a bit overwhelmed by options and terminology.

    Some top priorities for me:

    • Night vision with IR since I am kind of deep in the woods
    • Wifi capability to view remotely

    Things I would prefer but can work around:

    • Full wireless (battery powered)
    • Local storage is definitely preferred vs cloud
    • Adjustable motion detection sensors (have animals in the yard)
    submitted by /u/sfwbecauseatwork
    [link] [comments]

    iSpy IP Cam Resolution

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    I have a few IP cameras connected to iSpy.

    When using the live view directly on the camera interface i can make out thinks at a distance very clear however when connecting to iSpy it seems to not be as high resolution and said items are blurry.

    I've checked the settings within iSpy and everything is as i expect.

    When initially setting up the camera i get the option to select from a large list of Onvif streams and RTSP streams. My only thought is that not all the streams are a higher res? (possibly picking the substream rather than the main stream)

    I can't really see anything that specifies the main stream apart from ensuring i pick any 'channel' as 0 or 1 and checking the difference which doesn't seem to be any.

    Adding the camera as Onvif i get the option to select a resolution of 2592x1944 but the recordings and live view within ispy still seem the same.

    Any ideas what i could try next without literally going through each rtsp stream and checking the quality?

    submitted by /u/atomicbullet1
    [link] [comments]

    What disguised security camera setup would be best for apartment?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    So I want to monitor my apartment and want to set up small security cameras (disguised).

    Sound also needs to be recorded. They need to be running remotely, so I can connect at any time and see what's going on and also enable disable them as needed. They should also be able to record this on a server using WiFi, so in case they get disabled I can still see recording up to the point.

    2-3 cameras is what I need. What would be the best setup you'd recommend?

    submitted by /u/BackgammonMasters
    [link] [comments]

    Driveway defense / deterrent?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    Our neighborhood has an issue of people walking around, opening unlocked cars, and taking photos of personal info, stealing stuff (garage door openers, etc). I accidentally left one of our car doors unlocked and it happened to me. Thankfully they just took some earbuds and I didn't have any other documents in there.

    I'm keeping car doors locked, but also wondering what else I can do to deter people. I installed motion lights, had a camera there. I'm tempted to get a motion sprinkler or something...any other ideas?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/pooloo15
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment