• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Home security: What non-lethal personal defense items should I have available at home and my 2 vehicles?

    Home security: What non-lethal personal defense items should I have available at home and my 2 vehicles?


    What non-lethal personal defense items should I have available at home and my 2 vehicles?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    looking to start building out a personal defense kit for my house and vehicles - this is in addition to my firearms - suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Phurious
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any apps/cameras besides Nest that sends an image when motion is detected?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    I have a couple of ring cameras waiting to be installed, but I really wished their app sent more then just text notifications. Are there any other options besides nest that does this?

    submitted by /u/timn420
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua NVR - Using POE network switch to get more cameras than there are POE ports?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    So, I am curious as to if this is possible. I know that you can use a POE switch and put a single run from the switch to the NVR and have those loaded up no problem. The way we have it setup now is fine, it's a 16 channel NVR and I had the space for the 5 cameras I put through the switch.

    But lets say I have a 4 channel NVR with a 7200RPM WD-Purp in there and put in 4x4 Cameras in there (4 switches hosting 4 cameras each), will that function? Or are the NVR's software locked to their max POE ports?

    This would allow me to expand some existing client's networks by combining existing feeds and running more cameras without the need to change the box. I have a feeling this is restricted, but unfortunately I don't have a kit with me to test and hope that somebody here could answer this question for me.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JonSnoGaryen
    [link] [comments]

    Securing Double/French Doors

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    What's the best way to secure glass French doors, that's also closest to being 'wife approved'??

    I realize a bad guy could break the glass and undo most conventional reinforcements. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/eyal8r
    [link] [comments]

    Security Cameras

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone, First, let me say that I tried searching and quickly got overwhelmed, so I apologize for repeating. Here is my situation. I have had people stealing my lawn signs. My solution ahs been to move them closer to my house (halfway between the house and street) thinking it was too easy to hop out of a car and grab them.

    Unfortunately, the sign bandits are pretty brazen and still took them. I will keep replacing them because I'm stubborn (maybe my sign guy is stealing them?) I am looking for cameras that have:

    1. Motion activated video
    2. Easy to save the footage
    3. Advice on uploading/storing. I only have an ipad. I'm guessing there is a way to save to the cloud but it's a mystery to me.

    I'm not going to lie. I have paranoia about storing the info and/or the manufacturer being able to access footage. I'm not doing anything I shouldn't be. I just don't like the idea of someone having access.

    Please keep responses basic/simple because I am TOTALLY overwhelmed by every aspect of this.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Rcrimi2009
    [link] [comments]

    Quick release gun safe? Biometric

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    What are the best quick release gun safes for me to keep by my bed? I want something that can open up quick and easy but also keep my guns secure and out of reach from the kids.

    submitted by /u/CELeafs
    [link] [comments]

    Consumera

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Spend a couple of hours following this #home maintenance checklist and reward yourself with a perfectly running home and peace of mind for months to come.

    https://consumera.com/home-warranty/content/home-maintenance/home-maintenance-checklist-8-tips-every-homeowner-must-consider

    #homewarranty #consumera

    submitted by /u/homesecurity_cmr
    [link] [comments]

    IP cameras network options, bandwidth issues, building your own system from used cameras

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    I started building a sweet system for pennies! I used:

    • Zone Minder: OPen source IP camera software on the raspberry pi
    • used toshiba ip camera (720p dome camera, h264 uses lots of bandwidth)
    • old cell phone with IP webcamera software (video looks very high def but I think it's just 1080)
    • I am soon adding two more cameras

    Doing it myself I have had a few advantages over the cheaper systems

    • flexibility in camera type selection (although used, I can find them about 20-30 for good cams)
    • using my old android phones as IP cameras
    • no proprietary systems, subscriptions, software, cameras, whatever. everything stored local

    I am still adding more cameras, but the issue is it seems to slow down my network! Should I use another router for the security camera system? How have you guys gotten around bandwidth issues?

    submitted by /u/mlw19mlw91
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment