• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    Home security: What are cameras that can send their videos to another device on the network, not the internet?

    Home security: What are cameras that can send their videos to another device on the network, not the internet?


    What are cameras that can send their videos to another device on the network, not the internet?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    My parents live where there is no internet. I don't know much about secuirty cameras but I do know about computers. Are there any cameras that can just record video on motion detection, and then send then via FTP or something to another computer on the network? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/otakugrey
    [link] [comments]

    Can a dome camera placed on the ground cover enough to capture persons going up stairs? Recommendations, too, please.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    I live on a second story 1-floor condo. It's a private set of stairs that lead up to my entrance. Units nearby have their own set of stairs, and the first-floor condos just have a general walkway to their entrance.

    HOA blah blah, I can't mount a camera up high, nosy neighbors will have issues, too. I want to put the camera on the ground tucked away near my door. Nobody should be able to see it when they walk around on the ground level, but anyone walking up to the door should be recorded.

    Are dome cameras able to capture this angle. Dome cameras are mounted high up, then point downward. But this will sit on the ground but I need it to see straight to the horizon, if that makes sense. Alternatively I could make an angled base for the camera. Also, will weather-proofed cameras be okay on the ground like that? It's southern California so not too much rain. And lastly, do you have models you recommend for this situation, unless any popular generic dome camera on these forums will work? I plan to have them all run PoE and hook back to a Blue Iris system. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/xilex
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Keeps Disarming Itself

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Hi all,
    My ADT alarm keeps disarming itself at random- the equipment looks like this:
    https://zionssecurity.com/faq-security/how-do-i-use-my-new-adt-tssc-system/
    I did some web searches and it looks like this is a known issue, dating back to 2016.
    Has anyone dealt with this and successfully corrected it?
    Alternatively, does anyone have recommendations for a home security system that's comparable to ADT? My contract is over and I'm leaning towards a totally new system, so any recommendations are much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/FromReelingToHealing
    [link] [comments]

    Nest Cam Outdoor, howro prevent from being stolen

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    How can I stop someone unplugging the Nest Cam and walking off of it if I have it plugged in the outlet on my front door and back door?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    Nest Cam Outdoor, još to prevent from being stolen

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    How can I stop someone unplugging the Nest Cam and walking off of it if I have it plugged in the outlet on my front door and back door?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment