• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Home security: I'm sick of security cameras that can only be monitored with an app, and I can't find anything else!

    Home security: I'm sick of security cameras that can only be monitored with an app, and I can't find anything else!


    I'm sick of security cameras that can only be monitored with an app, and I can't find anything else!

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Here's what I want. A camera with WiFi hooked up to my router, and an exposed RTSP port that I can connect to with user/password.

    This way, I don't have to use my phone to monitor the thing. I can create my own monitoring setup, which I'd like to do on a computer, and a screen far larger than a phone.

    Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm sick of buying and returning cameras that don't even tell you if this is an option.

    submitted by /u/EquationTAKEN
    [link] [comments]

    Need alert someone is by windows at night

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    What can I use to alert me someone is by my windows at night? I would love a camera but a sensor works too. I need it to work at night and preferably sit inside the window as I can't really wire anything because I don't own the property. Multiple sensors to one controller (preferably portable) would be great. I don't want this to go to my phone though as I often ignore its tones and alerts, I need something else. Can anyone help me? I've had multiple breakins and peeping toms and I am scared and fed up. I'm in Australia if that matters.

    submitted by /u/Zygomaticus
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with an outdoor, wireless system

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    I bought the eufy 2c (2 cameras) system with the wired home hub. It picks up moving bushes when it is supposed to be heat ir activated. It won't pick up anything outside a 30 ft radius. The app is hard to work with, very little clarity zooming or not. Could you suggest something for me? Here's what Im looking for:

    Wireless Clear zoom 70ft to the street No pay service unless absolutely necessary, prefer local card or free cloud storage for a week at a time. Some light would be nice Activation zones and things of that nature would be cool.

    Mainly, a wireless camera that will pick up a face or tag in case of a problem.

    Thanks so much for your help, I'm sorry if I didn't correctly follow protocol. Stay safe, friends.

    submitted by /u/StripClubMC
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of an electronic or smart deadbolt that will fit my door with the close proximity of the window?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Lorex 4K Cameras - Night Vision Not Working, Turns on/Off, records blank screen sometimes

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Hello -

    I recently upgraded some old 720p or so Lorex cameras to 4k ones along with a new DVR. Everything looks and works great.... DURING THE DAY.

    At night, however, they do 1 of 3 things:

    1) They Go Offline. Simple as that. I'm guessing it tries to activate their Color Night Vision Feature 1 time and then just goes offline for the duration of the night. Once morning hits and the sun rises, they resume working.

    2) They don't go offline, but they just never activate color night vision. So the whole night it's just recording a blank screen

    3) They flicker with the color night vision. It goes on for half a second, then turns off... couple seconds later it turns on for a second, then turns off....

    I called Lorex Support (which I can tell by the people I'm getting is mostly useless). They suggested at night getting out a flashlight and shining it on the cameras for 5-10 seconds. Basically, from what I gather, it's just a manual way to trigger the night vision on/off again. Didn't really help me. Cameras would continue to flip on the night vision after a turn off the flashlight for half a second, then it goes offline or the night vision turns off.

    Other info:

    System is Wired with a DVR. I have a total of 7 cameras hooked up.

    Again - system works great during the day

    This is the system/cameras I ordered: https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr-security-system/4k-8mp-hd-camera-home-security-system/4KMPX44-1-p

    Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/s0me0nesmind1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations - Area Monitoring

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Hello all, new here. What I am looking for is fairly basic but too many choices are out there and some just look 'cheap'. Here's what I need, background below.

    2 Cameras, to be mounted indoors so no IP rating needed, they will shoot through a window.

    24 hour run time (so, IR and such)

    Wired is fine for me and maybe even preferable so I don't have to charge batteries and if I am running power, I might as well run signal.

    Record to DVR, full recording on both is preferred. (So no quad vision)

    Background: I rent an apartment in (town) which has a nice patio that is shaded 24/7, a nice feature in warmer weather. The building has gates front and back, the one up front is more of a formality. This morning when I went outside there was (well I hope it was dog) feces on my patio. Only two people here have dogs and I am confident that it wasn't one of them, but I can't be 100% sure it WAS the other. He's denying that it could be his, and because while implausible it isn't *impossible* that someone from the neighborhood opened our front gate, walked in, parked their dog, and left. Hence the cameras. If it happens again I'd like to be able to nudge that last decimal place.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/refridgerateafteruse
    [link] [comments]

    Home security camera recommendations?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Hey all, let me know if this can't be posted.

    Just moved to a new area and would like to setup security cameras at the house bc there are kids always around and don't trust them lol... Also live in a windy/cold state in winter time.

    so I was thinking one by the front door, inside garage, possibly in front of garage, backyard and side of home. I would like a wireless setup bc I dont want to run wire throughout the house, maybe strobe light in the front, 2 way talk for door, and no monthly fees for storage if possible.

    What would you recommend? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Haasluv
    [link] [comments]

    Car attacked twice in the last month with paint stripper. Looking for affordable security camera suggestions.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Someone has targeted our car and no one elses twice in the space of a month by throwing nitromors all over it. We would really like to at least try and find who is doing it but obviously like for a lot of us money is very tight. Does anybody have any affordable CCTV recommendations. We are based in the UK if that makes a difference.

    Any help would be massively appreciated.

    submitted by /u/threatlvelmidnight
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment