• Breaking News

    Friday, August 28, 2020

    Home security: Outside door locks

    Home security: Outside door locks


    Outside door locks

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    I am considering smart locks. I am used to mul-t-lock, Medeco and Yale. Anyone has experience using or installing of a secure smart lock onto doors with these wider body latch and dead bolt? Ideally, one that can be configured for two factor.... code and token for example. It seems mul-t is really using Assa Abbloy ENTR devices, any comments on that specific one?

    submitted by /u/LBarouf
    [link] [comments]

    How to prevent spiders on your security cameras?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:48 AM PDT

    I have an IP camera with a built in IR lamp and I am forever getting constant recordings of spiders making webs across the lens of the camera.

    I presume they like this spot because of the warmth. Anybody know a good way to stop them living there?

    submitted by /u/_xDEADBEEF
    [link] [comments]

    HD security camera system (DVR/NVR) for 8+ cameras with smooth playback scrubbing and ability to live view all cameras on a screen 24/7?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    I am looking to upgrade my security camera system to a higher resolution and have a few requirements I can't seem to find a suitable product for. Honestly I consider these really basic things got a security camera system but perhaps that's not the case.

    1) I need to easily be able to scrub through video rapidly to find events. My Nest doorbell does this great. Most systems I've tried it make it very hard to find things in the video done you have to keep changing clips/files.

    2) I need to display all my cameras on a large screen TV (HDMI). A direct HDMI output would be nice.

    I've considered Nest for the great video scrubbing but there's no good way to view all cameras up at once. I wouldn't be able to fully replace my old system without using too much of my upstream bandwidth too.

    Unifi Protect appears to have great scrubbing for scrolling through the video timeline but also land a way to view all cameras at once on a TV in a reliable way. I could pull up a browser on the tv but their forum has tons of posts about people trying to stream this way 24/7 and it breaks a lot and requires continuous fiddling. It seems they do have the ability to be a rstp server and then I could use Blue Iris or something to display the cameras on a computer hooked to a tv. I worry about a big time delay with this and it seems like a big hassle and kind of hacky.

    Blue Iris has a lot of pros but the YouTube videos I watched on it didn't seem to show a good video scrubbing experience with you having to manually select clips to dig through.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/dustout
    [link] [comments]

    [UK] 2x POE cameras, software NVR

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Please recommend POE cameras for my front and back gardens. Main security concern is the cars in the drive, directly below the camera (2 car side-by-side drive). Back garden is about 10m x 10m. Cameras will be mounted fairly low on the first floor, due to wiring. I have a linux home server so I'd like to use that as the NVR ideally, but failing that it can be installed on my desktop with the server for storage.

    submitted by /u/Mz6RY3Xqhb5ucS
    [link] [comments]

    Old IQ Security system at new home

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Just bought a home, it's got a home security system with an IQ Panel to control access points, thermostat, etc.

    Previous homeowner didn't leave any of the access codes, and default codes don't work. The property is covered in stickers for a local monitoring service, but I'm not interested in having them monitor - I'd prefer to do it myself.

    What are my options here? Is it possible to rig this system up and set up alerts for my cell phone? Or should I just rip everything out and install Google Nest hardware?

    submitted by /u/Carrothersju
    [link] [comments]

    Adt equipment moving questions

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    We are moving and canceling our adt contract as I'm moving in with family and wont need our own security system for a while. My husband is in military so no canceling fees but im wondering if i should be taking the equipment with me. Called ADT and they said its technically leased and to leave it? I really thought we had paid for it. We will be using ADT next year so was hoping to take it with me. Will it cost the same to reinstall a new system or will it save me money to take it with me?

    submitted by /u/melovesanzo
    [link] [comments]

    Pan/tilt IP camera that can be set up to ONLY be accessible on local network

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a pan/tilt controllable IP camera which I can access via a Webpage on my local network, but which I can configure to not be accessible globally & which doesn't rely upon signing up for, nor using, any sort of external cloud based service.

    When searching for cameras, everything seems to boast its integration with Alexa, how it can send push notifications to smartphone apps, etc. I want none of that, I just want something that sits on my local network & nothing else, so I can access it from wherever I am via my existing VPN setup, but don't have to worry about unpatched vulnerabilities exposing my home to the world when the camera inevitably gets discontinued.

    Is there a particular search term I should be using? A particular manufacturer?

    Edit - Failing that, are there at least pan/tilt IP cameras that still have browser support? That way I suppose I can just block outgoing traffic with a firewall rule.

    submitted by /u/cjdavies
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment