• Breaking News

    Friday, August 28, 2020

    Home security: Driveway monitoring

    Home security: Driveway monitoring


    Driveway monitoring

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    At the moment I have a sensor covering my driveway that sounds a bell in the house when it detects motion (basic ebay kit). This is handy when I'm at home but I'd prefer to have a way of getting a text or an app notification so that I know someone is around my house when I'm away. My house is covered by cameras and an alarm but I'm looking for something to tell me someone is snooping outside. Does anyone know of an off the shelf or diy system to do this?

    submitted by /u/GalKiefer
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find a good combination lock long gun safe?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I live in Commiefornia, I mean central California. I'm looking for a good combination lock safe. I can mostly only find electronic lock safes. Does anyone know where I can find one? I go to safe websites and they have no pricing. I google them but almost all are sold out or not selling anymore.

    Second question, why is everything going to electronic? I like Manuel locks.

    submitted by /u/Kingdog91
    [link] [comments]

    My neighbor sells drugs

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    We sacrificed, bought our first home and are raising small kids in a good neighborhood. We got a shady neighbor who moved in at the end of the street a couple of years ago. Then we noticed obvious foot traffic from people who don't live here. We live in an HOA with only one entry point (no gates etc). We see them go down the street, turn around and leave. The thing is, I can't prove it. What can we do?

    submitted by /u/DJ_Slippery
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor Camera Suggestions

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    Heyo! Currently trying to buy new IP cameras for indoor use. Any suggestions for which one is the best?

    submitted by /u/abiaro
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on vehicle and bedside pistol saf

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Whats everyone's suggestion for in your vehicle pistol safes(preferably tetherable, ) Also what do you use for quick access beside the bed?

    submitted by /u/Sedative_gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex nvr iOS video export issue ( when using VBR and or super h265. Anyone have this problem.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Just wanted to say. I love the system but the mobile features. It's not the best. So hers the issue. Whenever I use super h265 or use VBR or both together, I can download the video to the files section of the app. But when I decide to export to the typical mp4, it either exports the sub stream that's cbr or it doesn't export anything at all. Now I can still go plug a usb drive to the nvr and copy to mp4 just fine but it's only if I use those options and save clipped playback main stream from the app to mp4. Anyone has this same issue or came up with a solution or know any other nvr viewer apps that are compatible with lorex nvr systems that can work with exporting super h265 or cbr videos. I've use idmss plus and it's the same issue there. Any other iOS app viewers that can fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/gamerg_
    [link] [comments]

    Multipurpose NVR/Plex/Unifi Server

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Think I am going to have issues with the following set up? I know its a mediocre PC at best.

    i5-7500 , 16gB, Win10 Pro machine

    Plex media server for in-home use. Just an occasional movie. Will not be streaming to multiple devices at the same time

    Unifi Controller for a single AP

    Blue Iris continuous recording of 2-4MP cams and 1-1MP cam

    submitted by /u/5w20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment