• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Home security: DVR question. Is someone spying on me through my cameras?

    Home security: DVR question. Is someone spying on me through my cameras?


    DVR question. Is someone spying on me through my cameras?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I recently found out that a "friend" of mine does shady things - records conversation to blackmail, etc... While he hasn't done anything to me yet at least not that I know of, it really piqued my curiosity.

    Anyway, long story short, I needed a security camera system for my house. He and his friends installed the entire thing and recommended Superlive Plus and HiSharp apps for phone usage.

    I noticed that when I go to the server list and onto online users, it says admin along with its IP address.

    The IP address doesn't look familiar nor is it mine I think. (Not my cable provider? Or my phones own ip address) I do want to double check so is there a way to figure out where this IP is coming from? Do I need to access the command prompt and type something ? What do I need to look out for?

    Hope it's nothing serious and probably a little cautious/paranoid.

    Thank you and hope to hear from you.

    submitted by /u/VersusPhD
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex 2K Super HD thoughts

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I'm very new to security cameras and was wondering whether this Lorex camera kit would be a good option. I like the idea of having upgradable large local storage and don't foresee needing more than 4 camera any time soon. With that said, I imagine you get what you pay for and this system is fairly inexpensive.

    https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr-security-system/5mp-hd-camera-home-security-system/2KA84-1-p?clickid=1%3AvXfAX2VxyOUPr0RHQK3XRkUkiQ2mTnPxl4WA0&irgwc=1&utm_campaign=impactradius&utm_medium=CPA&utm_source=affiliate

    submitted by /u/_scruffynerf
    [link] [comments]

    Why you DO need an AR-15 under the Second Amendment: Gun Guys Special Gu...

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Does security film reduce or discolour natural light?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    I'm looking at getting security film for some of our windows. Will it tint the window or reduce the amount of light that comes through? (I wouldn't want it to)

    Also, does it need to be attached to the wooden window frame or just applied to the glass?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/careerthrowaway1232
    [link] [comments]

    Baby Monitor Camera Suggestions for Blue Iris?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Crossposted to r/BlueIris

    We have a baby on the way in December and I'm hoping to just integrate a camera for the baby into my existing BI setup rather than getting a sketchy/cheap standalone monitor. I picked up a kindle fire for a cheap monitor with the BI App.

    Anyone using a good POE camera with two-way audio for a baby monitor with Blue Iris?

    submitted by /u/trypowercycle
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation on WiFi camera or mic with good audio?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    I currently have amazon's blink cameras and while it does a great job with video the audio is terrible. The audio sounds muffled. Does anyone have a solution to a smart camera with good audio or a smart audio surveillance recorder? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ferrouselm
    [link] [comments]

    VMS For Mac?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm looking for a VMS for my MacBook that will allow me to look at my cameras remotely. I currently have two Axis P3214-VE cameras left over from a previous install that are successfully connected to my network with POE. These are ONVIF cameras that are PTZ capable. Ideally the VMS would support PTZ operations but I'll take what I can get.

    I have their IP addresses and can view them that way, but it would be far more convenient to have some software running on my MacBook to view them while away. Has anyone had any success with something like this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TwistedGorilla
    [link] [comments]

    New to Ring / Multi-device Setup Advice

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    New to Ring / Advice on Multicam Setup

    We've settled on Ring as the product we would like to use to establish security camera and peek-in access for my grandma's house. 1900 square feet, with the Internet Router on one side wall of the house, as far from center as can be. We are going to install one battery operated doorbell, three outdoor motion sensor floodlights, three outdoor spotlight cam-all hardwired, as well as two plug-in indoor cams- total of 9 units. Was planning on installing one or two chime pros to help spread the Wi-Fi love, but would like advice on that, as I ask below.

    Biggest Question: What speed of Internet do you think she would need, we are planning on upgrading her access, and do I need additional Wi-Fi extenders? Do you recommend what Ring is selling- Eero- or should I look elsewhere. Will the Chime Pros do the trick? Is this a good candidate for a Wi-Fi mesh system?

    Random question: The front door gets intermittent sunlight. Would the solar charger for the doorbell be a good option?

    Alarm System Question: When subscribing to a Plus Plan, does this enable you to be able to add just one component of an alarm system? To clarify, is the Plus Plan that covers multiple Ring device the same as the plan that covers alarm services? If so, could I just add in a few standalone panic buttons? Would I need an additional component, like the Alarm Base Station, to layer in a the panic button or the Water/Freeze sensor, or will it work with just the Plus Subscription?

    As I know I would need the Retrofit Alarm Kit to layer in her existing system, would I also need the Alarm Base Station if I wanted to add Ring components to the system? If just using the old alarm system components , would I only need the retrofit alarm kit and not the Alarm Base Station? Could I use the existing keypad?

    I really appreciate your insights. My grandfather- veteran of DDay and Battle of the Bulge-passed away recently and as my grandmother approaches 100, she still wants to stay on the property that she and PawPaw worked their entire lives. This Ring system, along with an Apple Watch for helping monitor her health (take any advice here as well, in regards to monitoring her Health via our own smartphones), will be our peace of mind to not have to drive over every day, as well as her personal safety as she deals with all the travails that comes with being 100 and living on a large property in a semi-urban/semi-rural area that has great curb appeal. Shame we have to set all this up just to help her ensure her safety, but so it goes.

    Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/a-big-texas-howdy
    [link] [comments]

    Security cameras for my home

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    So I'm looking for the best bang for your buck wired camera system, I don't want anything wireless bc of signal jammers and whatnot. I've got 4 entrances to my home and a big circle driveway. I haven't always been on the straight and narrow so I'm concerned with unsavory people from my past showing up when my gf or I am not home. People know my cars and trucks and know when I'm not home. I would like to have something that will live feed to a tv or monitor I can watch while I'm home but can also back up to a hard drive or something that I can replay. I looked through some previous posts but I don't wanna mess up and buy the wrong thing, if anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great!

    submitted by /u/tlp94
    [link] [comments]

    .40 S&W; JHP vs FMJ for home defense

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    First off, I dont know about other calibers but I've been having a hell of a time even finding .40 anywhere, of any kind so I have no idea what's going on there, and that sorta feeds into my question because I want to actually have ammo for my HD gun but my choices are basically bulk FMJ or $1+ per round JHP.

    Ok so I'm looking into ammo to buy for my current HD gun, a Berretta PX4 Storm (full size). Currently I have Winchester White Box 180g FMJ loaded, looking to swap it over to Blazer Brass 165g FMJ but after doing some research I'm concerned that I should be using JHP instead.

    I've seen dozens and dozens of references to overpenetration issues with FMJ compared to JHP and a handful of mentions of JHP providing better stopping power because it's designed to expand as much as possible. However I am skeptical as to the validity of both of these claims as I've yet to see any actual proof of them, overpenetraion specifically. So what im looking for is actual proof or evidence that .40 S&W FMJ will overpenetrate in Home Defense situation. Examples im looking for are both through a person and through walls.

    submitted by /u/thegreekgamer42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment