• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Home security: What is the best way to capture license plates (even at night)?

    Home security: What is the best way to capture license plates (even at night)?


    What is the best way to capture license plates (even at night)?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    I have a home security system based on Unifi G3 cameras and Unifi Protect. It has actually deterred crime in my property, but my neighbors sometimes have their cars broken into when they are parked on the streets. The maddening thing is that I have footage of the cars carrying the criminals, I just can't read the license plates.

    There are two problems: at night the IR accessory on the Unifi camera bounces back so much light from standard license plate coating that it is just all white; and the Unifi G3 is only 1080p.

    I have been considering upgrading my street camera to a Unifi G4, but I read there are a lot of quality issues, plus that doesn't solve my IR problem.

    What would be my best bet for a setup that would be able to capture license plates, particularly at night?

    In my neighborhood the public street lighting is frequently out and I have even been considering just using a 4k camera with my own (standard light) floodlight.

    submitted by /u/ChesterBesterTester
    [link] [comments]

    Which Ademco system is this?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    We just moved and the new house is a bit different than my existing system. The new house has two boxes; one labeled 10SE and the other labeled 20SE. However, the component in the 10SE looks like an expansion board of some kind rather than the main board. So, I'm guessing I have the 20SE with some expansion board?

    https://imgur.com/a/43TqNov

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jlwlynn
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink camera's infrared lights won't turn on with reolink app or blueiris. Two camera's will, one won't.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Any ideas? I had it set up temporarily inside and everything seemed ok. Today I finally mounted it on the house and now suddenly I can't make the IR lights come on. I was very gentle with it. There's no more than 50ft from the poe injector to the camera..

    submitted by /u/slowtdi
    [link] [comments]

    New to Ring / Multidevice Setup Advice

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    New to Ring / Advice on Multicam Setup

    We've settled on Ring as the product we would like to use to establish security camera and peek-in access for my grandma's house. 1900 square feet, with the Internet Router on one side wall of the house, as far from center as can be. We are going to install one battery operated doorbell, three outdoor motion sensor floodlights, three outdoor spotlight cam-all hardwired, as well as two plug-in indoor cams- total of 9 units. Was planning on installing one or two chime pros to help spread the Wi-Fi love, but would like advice on that, as I ask below.

    Biggest Question: What speed of Internet do you think she would need, we are planning on upgrading her access, and do I need additional Wi-Fi extenders? Do you recommend what Ring is selling- Eero- or should I look elsewhere. Will the Chime Pros do the trick? Is this a good candidate for a Wi-Fi mesh system?

    Random question: The front door gets intermittent sunlight. Would the solar charger for the doorbell be a good option?

    Alarm System Question: When subscribing to a Plus Plan, does this enable you to be able to add just one component of an alarm system? To clarify, is the Plus Plan that covers multiple Ring device the same as the plan that covers alarm services? If so, could I just add in a few standalone panic buttons? Would I need an additional component, like the Alarm Base Station, to layer in a the panic button or the Water/Freeze sensor, or will it work with just the Plus Subscription?

    As I know I would need the Retrofit Alarm Kit to layer in her existing system, would I also need the Alarm Base Station if I wanted to add Ring components to the system? If just using the old alarm system components , would I only need the retrofit alarm kit and not the Alarm Base Station? Could I use the existing keypad?

    I really appreciate your insights. My grandfather- veteran of DDay and Battle of the Bulge-passed away recently and as my grandmother approaches 100, she still wants to stay on the property that she and PawPaw worked their entire lives. This Ring system, along with an Apple Watch for helping monitor her health (take any advice here as well, in regards to monitoring her Health via our own smartphones), will be our peace of mind to not have to drive over every day, as well as her personal safety as she deals with all the travails that comes with being 100 and living on a large property in a semi-urban/semi-rural area that has great curb appeal. Shame we have to set all this up just to help her ensure her safety, but so it goes.

    Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/a-big-texas-howdy
    [link] [comments]

    How to hook up two cameras with identical IP addresses? (iSpy question)

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I'm installing two Jidetech cameras (model P1-4x-5mp), but they have identical IP addresses. Their UID addresses are different, so that looks like the way to differentiate between them. So, how do I tell iSpy to connect them using UIDs?

    after first response: I went back to the software that came with the cameras (after shutting down iSpy) and disconnecting one of the cameras. Let the software search the local net for the remaining camera, then changed its IP. Reconnected the second camera, and executed the search function again. Saw both cameras! Thanks for the warning; made me think...

    submitted by /u/jes92672
    [link] [comments]

    Security cameras, wireless? no internet?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Hi. My grandma has been hearing people around her property and we'd like to install some security cameras. However, she doesn't have an internet connection. I know I could do wired cameras, but that seems like a huge undertaking. Are there any wireless camera options that don't require internet that are reliable? It would also be nice if the cameras could be hooked up to a hardrive and a live monitor. Thanks all, I'm pretty good with DIY and AV, but don't know a ton about security systems.

    submitted by /u/ekgzo
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for additional camera compatible with Sannce System

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    Hi!

    We've bought the Sannce 8CH WLAN IP NVR Security Camera System Set with 4 Cameras (SE-N48WHE0/1/2/3/4-44VA) on ebay. Now we're looking for a additional camera to add to the system - specifically one that is shaped like a dome (don't know what they're called).
    I've already contacted the Sannce-Suport, they forwarded me to their Sales-Team, who told me that they don't have those kind of Cameras for my System available.
    When asked if the system was compatible with cameras from other manufacturers - and if so, what specifications the cameras have to have to be recognised by the NVR - I got no answer.

    Does anyone happen to have the same system and can tell me whether there are Dome-shaped Wifi/IP cameras from other manufacturers that are compatible with it?
    And what are the specifications the cameras have to have to be recognised by the NVR?

    EDIT: Here's a link to the system on the Sannce homepage

    submitted by /u/psychoLoveCat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment