• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Home security: Advice about security cameras

    Home security: Advice about security cameras


    Advice about security cameras

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    I've been having issues with a total Karen of a neighbor lately. In the past month, I've caught someone trying to look over my back fence (6 ft privacy fence) and Friday I think the same woman was filming me in my front yard. I think she's trying to provoke a response because both times she made sure I knew what she was doing. But I'm concerned now she might either throw something over my fence to make my dog sick, or maybe vandalize my car.

    I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm on a severe budget -- I teach college classes and I've been moved down to part time this semester, so I don't have a lot of disposable income. I need something cheap ($100-300?) and easy to install (not hardwired for power), and preferably simple to use. I got a lot of suggestions for an Arlo or Ring, and I also saw the Blink cameras on Amazon.

    I want something for the front that I can point toward the street/my car. I was also thinking a simple trail cam might be good for the back yard.

    I really don't even know what criteria to use, so are there any features I should look for or consider other than cost and installation?

    Any advice would be welcome.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sheath2
    [link] [comments]

    gigabit Poe switch vs normal Poe Switch, is it worth the money?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm planning to install 4 RLC-422 reolink cameras with this switch :

    https://www.amazon.com.mx/TP-LINK-TL-SF1005P-Ethernet-Switch/dp/B076PRM2C5/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=poe+switch&qid=1596406690&sr=8-5

    The same switch costs double if it's gigabit:

    https://www.amazon.com.mx/TP-LINK-TL-SG1005P-Ethernet-Switch/dp/B076HZFY3F/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=poe+switch&qid=1596406690&sr=8-1

    Is it worth it? I'd like to record 24/7 using an intel NUC 7I7BNH, blueiris with a big hard drive and homeassistant.

    I'm not adding additional cameras, so I don't need a bigger switch for now.

    I'd appreciate any advice.

    submitted by /u/Badstraw
    [link] [comments]

    DIY Resources for Alarm Systems and Monitoring

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    First post, so thank you!

    I recently purchased a house that we close on at the end of the Month.

    It is in a nice area, but my wife and infant are staying there alone. It is on a cul-de-sac, and somewhat private so I want to have monitoring.

    The house is a Cape Cod style. 2300 square feet. Wall out basement with a window and door to monitor, main floor has three doors with direct outside access, another with access to the 1 car garage, and a whole bunch of windows. So someone is going to make a few bucks on sensors.

    I have mostly ruled our Simpli Safe, and Ring type systems. I watched a video on how easy Simpli Safe is to jam.

    The problem I'm finding is getting good information on more flexible and professional level systems that I can self install.

    I got pointed in the direction of QolSys IQ Panel 2 Plus, but all the documentation and video about it are just marketing material.

    I see ELK being recommended, but then I see that it is 8+ year old technology!

    Many dealers have lousy websites. Pictures of sensors but no great product detail.

    Are there any good websites out there, even dealers would be great, that would have good product information and comparisons between the different system options?

    submitted by /u/Freefall_Doug
    [link] [comments]

    Home defense .22 bolty hung above desk in houseroom for maximum grabspeed, lock only there because I haven’t removed it after bring it to range

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment