• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Home security: Looking to Utilize Honeywell/Lynx alarm system

    Home security: Looking to Utilize Honeywell/Lynx alarm system


    Looking to Utilize Honeywell/Lynx alarm system

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Hi /r/homesecurity

    I recently moved into a rental house and will be staying here for a few years. I was told the house had a home security system (honeywell/lynx) and it seems to be all working. I won't be using ADT, I just want the alarm to go off in case I go on a trip or am gone for a weekend and someone breaks in. I looked up youtube videos, but I can not figure out how to reset the master code. Any advice or tips are much appreciated

    https://imgur.com/a/sRqntR2

    submitted by /u/TheBackpacker
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an IP camera that won't phone home to the Chinese Communist Party

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    I just had one of the most frustrating experiences of my life getting this stupid Chinese piece of shit camera to work and I'm looking for an IP camera that actually works.

    Requirements:

    • No app required to install! This is my #1 requirement.
    • You configure it over a web portal (or write a config file to an SD card or something simple) and are able to open up a live feed in VLC.
    • No phoning home to China or anywhere. No remote management. It just works on the local network.
    • No subscription required.
    • Works outdoors. Weather-resistant.
    • Wireless a plus but ethernet is ok.
    • 1080p video.
    • Audio is a plus. Two-way audio unnecessary.
    • PoE and corded electric are both ok.
    • Night vision a plus.
    • Not a ridiculous amount of money. $200 max.
    submitted by /u/fargis
    [link] [comments]

    Considering replacing two floodlights with floodlight-cameras, need some advice

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Having an issue with petty mischief/vandalism and I purchased a Reolink RLC-520 + PoE Switch as a kind of proof of concept that I could set up a DIY home security thing. I've had it sitting behind a window in my garage pointing down the driveway but we have a floodlight on the side of our house on the side of our problematic neighbors that my dad and I want to replace with a camera floodlight.

    I was at Home Depot at the time and noticed the Ring Floodlight and thought it was cool at first, but then I saw something about a monthly subscription and that doesn't sound appealing to me and want an experience more like the Reolink camera where I can monitor on an app remotely and video recorded clips triggered by motion detection.

    I saw a recommendation of a eufy Floodlight and now I'm thinking this may be what I want to get. If anyone has any wisdom on this, it would be very appreciated.

    Also, secondary request: Is there a trail cam I can buy that lets me wirelessly monitor and/or transfer recorded clips? I might be able to hide one in my backyard that is a little more inconspicuous.

    submitted by /u/LoCal_GwJ
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor cameras for lumber yard

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Hello, looking for insight on surveillance systems and this seems to be the most active sub so I'm posting here. If anyone knows of a better place to post this feel free to comment. Looking to set up surveillance cameras in my lumber yard. It's about a half acre with many obsticles so I'd need four cameras. If anyone here has experience with a similar outdoor setup, any input would be greatly appreciated. I'd probably just use insulated wiring that if someone was smart enough to cut, then so be it. I'd need cameras set up in opposing corners of the yard. Not so much for theft, but for liability protection in case anything stupid happened after hours when we aren't there. I have found paraphernalia on the premises and it'd be nice to have surveillance.

    submitted by /u/jxshopboy
    [link] [comments]

    IP Software with automatic download from SD card?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Hey!

    Does anybody know a IP Software that has the option to automatically download files that are saved on each camera's sd card?

    My goal would be to have the oldest files (From motion detection) downloaded at first. Then I'd set the camera to overwrite when there's no space on the card left.

    That's the only solution to what I'd like to do, sadly.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Kombiice
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a rechargeable, wireless, outdoor security camera that takes SD Cards

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Have looked at a few so far. The Blink Camera doesn't have a local storage option and the free option doesn't store very much footage. And the current Wyze camera doesn't isnt weather proof. I could wait for the outdoor Wyze cam coming out in October, but we just recently had a few car vandalisms in my neighborhood. So any reccomendations for what I can get now would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Lfaruqui
    [link] [comments]

    What are you guys' go to troubleshooting techniques on analog?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I have a mix of analog and ip cameras hooked up by coaxial cable to 2 DVRs. They are constantly going out and we'll lose signal to them from the DVR. Most of the time our camera repair/maintenance guy can get them up and running. Is there anything I can do with a voltmeter to see where the issues are/test cameras/cables?

    submitted by /u/bradmann16
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Advice

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    We live in a condo community with a private garbage dumpster, paid for by our HOA dues. It is very aggravating that we watch people who don't live here drive up and fill our dumpster with large items and construction trash.

    Our condo has a window that faces the dumpster, about 50-60 yards away. Is there a well recommended security camera that we could use that would be able to capture license plates at that distance?

    submitted by /u/WannaWeldIT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment