• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 18, 2020

    Home security: ADT Command is a rip-off

    Home security: ADT Command is a rip-off


    ADT Command is a rip-off

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    Just FYI, I recently had to cancel my ADT Command service because of Covid related financial issues. Now, im stuck with a 1000+ bill because i had to break the contract, and all of this brand new ADT smartphone equipment. Anyone know if i have any options to use this equipment without ADT since I'm having to buy it? Any help would be great!!

    submitted by /u/Roentgeno
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua PTZ IVS alarm track not saving

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    I have a sd6ae530-hni that I can not get to save any increase to the alarm track time I make. It says it saves but if I click to other tripwire and back it reverts back to the default 5 seconds.

    Feel like I'm missing something.

    Also using blue iris if that matters.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/ZscM1Zt

    submitted by /u/vaeyo
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm systems, what are reasonable expectations?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    As someone who has never used an alarm system and now have reason to install one at a home, I'm overwhelmed by options and smart home integration of all low voltage systems. The DIY route seems possible but highly unlikely to provide the top flight complete home automation as the end product. On larger rehab projects it seems security, networking, video, and audio should be looked at as a whole rather than independently. Any comments, links? I'm not looking for anything too complicated, merely the platonic version of the ultimate low voltage home automation setup. I'm also aware this kind of goal means it will never get done in this decade unless I hire a professional, and then I will take several years before finding out it's not the perfect implementation.

    submitted by /u/a-a-a-Imright
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor camera where I can turn off the IR, but still have night vision and has a low event re-trigger time?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I live in an apartment and have some Wyze Cams that point out my window since I'm not allowed to put up any cameras myself.

    I love Wyze cams, but the biggest problem I have is the 5 minute wait after each event recording. Any indoor cameras out there that has similar features to Wyze but has a lower re-trigger time and local storage? Maybe a minute? Most of the ones out there like Ring or Nest are good, but don't have things like local storage

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/GarageRich
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Security Camera

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    So, I am thinking of investing in an outdoor Security camera, this would go above my porch, just looking out towards my car and front door.

    Side Note: I have looked at doorbell camera options but feel camera would be best way to go.

    Basically I would like the camera to do the following: - Wireless Installation and Battery Powered - No subscription needed - Free Storage or the ability to use an SD card - Say I get a notification saying that there is movement and I am not looking at my phone, I would like the ability to view it later on. (Some cameras only seem to be able to view that in real-time)

    Would anyone have any good recommendation's? I am based in the UK incase that makes a difference.

    Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/sofakingmad92
    [link] [comments]

    How to have security camera in car while parked and view feed on iPhone?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Is this possible? Security camera in car while parked and view live feed on iPhone?

    submitted by /u/Robin_Banks111
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell Vista 20P; what's the best way to give it a web GUI and alerts?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    I'm aware of two options and I want to hear from anyone that has experience with these or something else I might not be aware of. I basically need a web page GUI that duplicates the alarm keypad and the full alpha screen, and it needs to send me alerts via pushover or email. I don't want any cloud subscriptions for this.

    1. Eyez-On Envisalink EVL-4EZR IP Security Interface Module for DSC and Honeywell (Ademco) Security Systems
    2. Honeywell Ademco TUXWIFIW Tuxedo Touch Controller

    Years ago I started out with a AlarmDecoder but the damn Raspberry Pi is just too unreliable for me with crashing and not rebooting.

    submitted by /u/Nephilimi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment