• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Home security: How I made the cheapest home cctv system with Wyze Cams and HLS

    Home security: How I made the cheapest home cctv system with Wyze Cams and HLS


    How I made the cheapest home cctv system with Wyze Cams and HLS

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Hello there. I would like to share my experience with making the cheapest home cctv system.

    I'm a fan of WyzeCams and was trying to fit it into my smart home system for a while.

    It's super cheap and specs are pretty good, but the only flaw is not stable RTSP firmware.

    So, I made a solution that allows you to convert mp4 files from NFS to HLS stream.

    That HLS stream could be fed to any modern video surveillance system.

    Here is the URL to my repo: https://github.com/n1ckyrush/wyzecam-hls

    It's pretty simple nodejs script with ffmpeg.

    It's based on NFS hack (props to the original author!), you will find all instructions inside my repo.

    After many months of fighting with RTSP and Wyze now it works flawlessly.

    Hopefully it will make somebody life easier ✊

    Feel free to shoot me any questions.

    P.S. If you are interested in my whole journey with it, I made a long post about it: https://n1ckyrush.com/en/blog/3-how-to-make-wyzecam-stream-stable-hls-instead-of-rtsp

    submitted by /u/n1ckyrush
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a security camera for outside my apartment

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:34 PM PST

    Looking at buying a wireless one for less than $100 (if possible) and I was looking at Eufy 2k in particular at best buy for $100. Do I NEED the homebase if I just want one camera?

    I primarily need it so I can see when my packages arrive. Recently there have been a lot of package thieves around here and I want to see what all foot traffic I get up here. Oh and the area im planning on mounting is under a roof so an indoor or outdoor will work fine

    submitted by /u/Quattrooooo
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for a simple battery-operated motion detector that looks decorative.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:57 PM PST

    I'd like to buy a decorative object with an off/on switch and loud motion alarm to alert me if someone enters my house while I'm sleeping (something that looks normal in a home — looks like a clock, a doorstop, etc.) Web searches haven't been helpful. Has anyone come across one?

    submitted by /u/purplemooncows45
    [link] [comments]

    What equipment and cameras do I need to store 24/7 recording?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:54 PM PST

    Hey, I'm quite new to this so my knowledge is very limited.

    I currently have 4 Blink cameras set up in my house, but they only record on demand or when motion is detected, and I'd like to have something that is constantly recording.

    What cameras should I use? Mostly indoors, but it'd be good to have outdoors options as well.

    Cameras can be wired, but it'd be better if the recording is saved wirelessly (there's good wifi signal everywhere so that won't be an issue).

    Being able to control it with Alexa would be a huge plus as well.

    What cameras should I use? and do I need any extra hardware to save these recordings and say, watch it back on my PC / phone? Also I wouldn't mind paying for cloud storage if needed.

    Thanks in advance ;)

    submitted by /u/martin1592
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody have a heimvision WiFi camera that is having issues right now?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:09 PM PST

    Hey all, I have a heimvision wireless WiFi cam and it's currently giving me error messages anybody else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/blahl00ps1
    [link] [comments]

    Camera that can see base of door

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:10 PM PST

    I live in an apartment with pets. Recently, I've seen dog urine right at the base of my door. I need proof to see which neighbor's dog is responsible. Which doorbell camera can see straight down? I researched Ring Peephole and it doesn't seem to have good vertical range. Thanks

    submitted by /u/trainerwithoutateam
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell wired alarm - Sanity check before purchase

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Hi all, high level I have 25 pre-wired door/window zones and 1 pre-wired motion sensor corner. No pre-existing alarm so purchasing all fresh and will be installing. Just need a sanity check that I'm not missing anything critical below, or if maybe I'm "over-buying" accidentally.

    My thinking on getting the LTE panel is so that way I don't rely on just internet. If the internet goes out in my area, I want to have comfort that my monitoring stays active because it's cellular. Let me know if this logic is off-base or missing a critical piece:

    • VISTA21IPLTE Control Panel (VISTA21IPLTE) : Included
    • VISTA21IPLTE Alarm Battery (IM-1240) : Included
    • VISTA21IPLTE Power Transformer (1361-GT) : Included
    • VISTA21IPLTE On-Board Internet Communicator (7847i)* : Included
    • Add VISTA21IPLTE Cellular Verizon LTE Communicator (LTE-21V)* : Yes (+$161.25)
    • Add Hardwired Programming Keypad (6160) : 1 (+$119.59)
    • Add Hardwired Door/Window Contact (945T-WH) : 25 (+$100.75)
    • Add Hardwired Motion Detector (IS3035) : 1 (+$22.99)
    • Add Hardwired 8-Zone Expansion Module (4219) : 3 (+$242.31)

    Thanks in advance for the assist.

    submitted by /u/Dolfan058
    [link] [comments]

    Best Single Camera to Watch a Laundry Room?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Hi there.

    I'm not really sure if this would be the EXACT subreddit to ask this question to, but I figured this would be a good place to start asking questions.

    I'm looking to get my mother a webcam/security camera that we can set up easily in the basement in the laundary room so she can see how long the washing machine and dryer is going to take. In our old home we had wired cameras with a central console, but for this, I just want something like a simple Wifi enabled camera that she can connect to with her smartphone.

    So, does anyone have a good suggestion for a Wifi enabled camera with high resolution that will not wash out the LEDs of the washing machine and dryer in low light? We'd probably mount it on the wall opposite them about 6-10 feet away. I would prefer it to also be wired so we can just plug it in, set it up, and forget about it. Ideally I wouldn't want cloud storage or anything since we only care about live video, but as long as I don't have to pay a subscription fee to see the camera's live feed from a phone I don't care if it has cloud storage.

    We DO have a Ring video doorbell right now, but I don't know how good their indoor camera would be for this task and I don't know if it would cost extra to use it.

    Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cinci89
    [link] [comments]

    Help with schlage f series locking mechanism

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:58 PM PST

    Wondering if anybody know if it's possible to change some settings on the interior mechanism of the lock to stop the inside knob from unlocking it. Right now if I lock the door, close it and turn the knob from the inside it automatically unlocks the door. All other functions are fine- I cant unlock it from outside without the key etc but it's kinda unnerving that the knob doesn't get locked in place when you turn the thumb latch like most locks. Wonder if it's a problem with the settings of the mechanism itself I just can't find what I'm looking for online

    submitted by /u/serberusno1
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex DVR or alternative that has cloud featurs

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:21 AM PST

    I bought a home with an 8 camera 1080p Lorex camera setup using BNC connectors.

    The DVR is from 2009 but without any online internet features.

    Is there a good replacement DVR someone can recommend? I was just going to get Lorex but it seems the reviews are bad.

    There's this unit from Amazon?

    TIGERSECU Super HD 1080P H.265+ 8-Channel Hybrid 5-in-1 DVR Security Recorder with 1TB Hard Drive, for 2MP TVI/5MP TVI/AHD/CVI/Analog/ONVIF 2.0+ IP Cameras (Cameras Not Included) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078PQKMX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_yNRUFbCC441AV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

    I'm also contemplating swapping the cameras to Nest since that's why my doorbell is but that seems expensive and a hassle with wiring.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/covidMD
    [link] [comments]

    Video doorbell on mobile and not wifi, exist ?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Hello, exist a video doorbell that it connects to mobile network and not wifi ? I don't have a wifi router then I'm thinking to buy a video doorbell but with mobile network on it. Exist such kind of gadget ? Or can I connect it directly to the wifi of my phone (withhout a wifi router) ?

    submitted by /u/SkyTeeth
    [link] [comments]

    These are 17 home security tips that are actually useful

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:54 PM PST

    I am here today to help you out with home security by giving you tips on what you should do:

    1. keep doors locked during the day
    2. change your locks if you haven't already
    3. (optional) invest in a smart home system
    4. invest in motion lighting
    5. ask for IDs if anyone new tries to come into your home
    6. add a security sign to your front yard
    7. maintain your home when you're on vacation
    8. off home phone ringers when your not home for a substantial time
    9. try not to leave notes on your door
    10. share vacation photos after your vacation

    11-17. ...

    Check the source for the rest, visuals, more in-depth descriptions, etc.: https://www.defiel.com/home-security-tips-from-experts/

    submitted by /u/Defiel1
    [link] [comments]

    Track whereabout of my family in my house

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:21 AM PST

    Is there any home security system that can detect the whereabout of 'registered' family member in the house and let me know if they are at certain places?

    I'm concern with my children whereabout in the house; it will be dangerous if they are in the toilet or at the compound outside.

    submitted by /u/kissmark12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment