• Breaking News

    Monday, July 13, 2020

    Home security: Security Cameras for duplex and detached garage?

    Home security: Security Cameras for duplex and detached garage?


    Security Cameras for duplex and detached garage?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Just moved in to a rented two story duplex with a detached garage. There are motion lights on the side of the house, the side of the garage, and the outside of the garage door. There's a small yard with a fence in the back and a front porch facing the street, each of these doors has an ordinary light. The bedroom is upstairs.

    For peace of mind, I'm thinking about getting a motion activated interior camera for inside the garage and another motion activated camera for downstairs. Any suggestions on systems, as well as any other common sense steps we should take?

    submitted by /u/PrimeMover17
    [link] [comments]

    Best cameras/set up for a surveillance and alarm combo?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    I've had some prowlers around my house this summer and I'd like to buy a couple of cameras with great night vision, motion detection with the possibility of linking some sort of audible alarm that can be triggered via a smartphone app or remote. I'd like to be able to trigger the alarm when I'm not at home so something that isn't limited by proximity to alarm is ideal. Does anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/idunnomangg
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with beeping commercial security system.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I'm sorry if thus isnt the right subreddit, but I've tried everywhere and am dying for help.

    Hi all. I'm a private in the army, and am currently pulling a 24 gaurd shift. Nothing important, it's just mandated somebody be awake 24/7/365 guarding all these barracks buildings. I'm sitting inside and theres a big security/PA system. It's by Honeywell. The thing has this super annoying, very faint very high pitched beeping. It says on the screen that theres 3 instances of "trouble" and to press the acknowledge button. I press it and nothing happens. In the top left there is a light that says "controls active" which is not lit. So obviously nothing I press does anything, but I haven't just been pressing things like a jackass. Theres a screw that pops out and unfolds the system to see all the electronics behind it. I didn't attempt to fuck with any of that. I have 10 hours left with this horrible beeping. Please help me.

    submitted by /u/albinochicken
    [link] [comments]

    Loud siren that works with door sensor

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Hello Everyone,

    My house has a front-facing balcony and I want to install a loud siren that goes off with a door sensor in the car. If someone comes on my driveway and opens my car door, the siren on the balcony goes off and can scare them off. Is there a device already out there that meets my requirement? Thank you for your suggestions.

    submitted by /u/raghutalpade
    [link] [comments]

    What's going on with camera data rate?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    Hi there, I'm kind of new at this but have set up a dahua camera system and one of the cheap-o IP cameras from Amazon -that was fun. Anyway, now the cams are set up, and the NVR shows the data rate for each cam. All three of the dahua cameras are showing about 4xxx Kb/S while the cheaper non-dahua camera is showing a range of about 25-20 Kb/S.

    Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/cmpnd499
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to pick a home CCTV system

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    I'm thinking cloud/ subscription based, rather than DVR, purely for ease of installation/use/ upgrade path etc.

    Any suggestions? Nest? Arlo? Ring?

    I want to build full coverage around my house, so will probably need around 5 cameras in total.

    submitted by /u/wibblywobblywang
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment