• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Home security: Help identifying this security system

    Home security: Help identifying this security system


    Help identifying this security system

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    Hello! We just moved into a home (our first!) that has an existing security system installed. The prior owners did not disclose a specific brand for it and there are no labels anywhere. Does anyone know what brand this is? We would like to reuse it if possible (and if the system is good...)

    https://imgur.com/a/64dkwia

    Sorry if this is a super noob question - I know nothing of home security so I figured this sub might know :)

    submitted by /u/_andKind
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a cheap camera that can stream to my phone, that isn't going to be beaming all of my info to China?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Sorry if this isn't the right sub.

    I'm really really in need of some way to watch my kids so I can actually get things done around my house. I have three little ones, the youngest is 1, and I spend all day watching them by myself. And I have literally no idea how to get away from them for long enough to do things like mow my grass, I can't just leave them completely unattended. Its extremely stressful and I really want a good solution, without spending hundreds of dollars on security or sitters.

    I'm also worried about cheap Chinese products recording in my house and farming audio and video. I have no clue at all about home surveillance so any help to finding a solution will be so so so helpful. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/badzachlv01
    [link] [comments]

    Keyswitch for Interlogix NX-6

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    I have a house with an Interlogix NX-6. All 6 zones are in use. I understand that in order to use a keyswitch, one of the zones needs to be vacant. I pulled the wire from zone 6 and added it to zone 2. This apparently is not a good idea. The alarm disabled itself until I rewired it back.

    So now I am not sure how to proceed. Do I disabled a zone (not sure how?) And subsequently reprogram zone 6 to a keyswitch? Do I reprogram zone 6 to keyswitch and then move the wire?

    Is there a better way to do this?

    submitted by /u/smmothpatrick
    [link] [comments]

    Best practice when drilling through external walls to install security cameras?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    So I have installed security cameras on the front of my house no problem.

    My front has a garage with eaves that I have mounted them to and can wire the cables no problem.

    The back of my house is problematic because it's 2 stories tall, and the eaves are way too high to mount a camera to be useful.

    This means I assume I'd have to mount them to the exterior wall, but drilling through the exterior wall into living room seems like an unwise proposition?

    I've been googling installs but everyone has them running their external camera wiring through the roof, for the above reasons this isn't possible for me.

    I'm just hoping someone can offer me some advice or direct me somewhere that explains what to do in this situation.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Flat_Earth_Eric
    [link] [comments]

    Doorbell/Outside Camera with Audio recommendations

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm just a bit overwhelmed by some of the options I'm seeing on Amazon and I'm looking for a recommendation.

    I live in an apartment, don't necessarily want to install a camera over/in the peephole like the ring cam, nor do I want to install something over the doorbell, I'm looking for something I can mount on my door or above the doorbell.

    The main thing I am looking for is motion sensor and the ability to turn audio on when the motion sensor triggers, if that makes sense. I don't want audio only when someone presses the "bell"

    Recommendations?

    submitted by /u/SmallPlaintain
    [link] [comments]

    Monitoring a window with a window fan

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Hello! I haven't been successful in my research so far so I thought I would ask here. We live in a small ground-floor apartment without AC or ceiling fans. We have a window in the bedroom that opens sideways via sliding. In the summer to cope with heat, we install a twin window fan like this one.

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/9-in-Twin-Window-Fan-FW23-A1/100663385

    Due to our window orientation the fan is installed vertically rather than horizontally.

    We have a bar to keep the window from opening further, but somebody could easily just push the fan out and slip in. Is there any kind of alarm we could install to monitor this window? Normally I'm not too worried but my husband just started working nights.

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/takethetrainpls
    [link] [comments]

    Yi Home 3 cameras, how to block Yi from spying on me?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I currently have 2 Yi Home 3 cameras, using only one right now, pointed through a window at my car in my parking space outside, as I've had issues with my car door getting dinged/scratched in the past, also we've had car break ins.

    This camera records audio, and is on my WiFi, it required my WiFi password to work. I want to block Yi or any other party from spying on me through this camera. I do not use their cloud service, everything is stored on SD cards in the camera. I don't need notifications on my phone, if my car gets damaged again or broken into it will be obvious and I can just get the video from the SD card.

    Is there a way to disable wifi on these cameras, preferably through my wifi router as I don't trust the settings in the Yi software on my phone? I like these cameras for the motion detection and night vision which is perfect for watching my car.

    submitted by /u/stanfan114
    [link] [comments]

    AMD A6 APU for Home Security NVR, possible? - 6 camera max 1080p

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I have an old PC running an AMD APU (CPU + GPU) chip in an arcade machine, but I'm ready to switch it out and use these parts for a new project. Home security.

    I have the ability to spec a new machine with modern parts, but wanted to check here first in case this was still viable. What are your thoughts on an NVR setup with this APU? I'm sticking with 1080p for now because I doubt this can handle 4k cameras. Max cameras would be ~6, but could scale based on your hardware thoughts.


    RAM: Haven't checked, but probably 8GB DDR3

    CPU: AMD A6 5400k (Dual core 3.6ghz)

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3HP


    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bekabam
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Camera Feature Does Not Work

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    I installed security cameras around the house a few years ago (cameras that is linked to a DVR). The security guy downloaded SuperLive Pro, which worked for a few months with remote viewing features and is the main thing I am concerned with. However, SuperLive Pro stopped working on the iPhone X and I resorted to SuperLive Plus. The problem is that while I can have live viewing while I am at home (I am assuming it works solely because my phone and the cameras are connected to the same network), as soon as I leave the house or turn my phone's wifi off I am unable to do remote viewing. I am not too tech savvy but I can understand if someone can give me instructions on a workaround. Any way to solve this? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/mister_wuuu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment