• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Home security: Ditching Blink cameras, very excited!

    Home security: Ditching Blink cameras, very excited!


    Ditching Blink cameras, very excited!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    I have a 3 camera Blink system, the heavy duty outdoor cameras. It just doesn't do what I want/need.

    The full fledged NVR setup always intimidated me, the proprietary NVR just seemed like such a bad idea. I've come to realize NVR's serve a purpose and they are pretty awesome actually.

    Purchased just one Amcrest, 4MP, outdoor Wi-Fi camera and it'll arrive tomorrow. I'm going to head down the 24/7 recording via Blue Iris rabbit hole. So much flexibility it'll probably feel like option overload at first.

    Does anyone know if Amcrest OEM software supports 24/7 recording free of charge or does the factory software only support motion alert based recording?

    submitted by /u/SouthBostonJoe
    [link] [comments]

    Gun safe

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    Alright looking at some cost friendly gun safes and I cant seem to find a better bang for my buck that the Winchester ts26-45? Any recommends for something of a similar price (thisnis the smallest size I'm willing to go. Also need to stay under 700.

    I'm not looking for a 5k anti thief diamond drill proof safe. I'm needing something to A. Keep my kid out, B. Something to have fore protection. And D. Something to takes thieves a little longer than my guns being on the floor

    submitted by /u/slitsnipe
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a panic room. What should I look into getting?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    Looking to install a panic room somewhere in my house (already built). What are some things I should look into while building it. Such as building materials, structure, windows?, reinforcements/outside contact(intercom, 4g Hotspot/repeater), also placement (basement? Floor with the bedrooms?) and what should I place in there? I plan on having basic necessities such as water, and MRES, flashlight and batteries, as well as the security systems located in there.

    Also for the door, what kind of door should I look into? Solid steel? And what kind of lock should I look into? Looking for biometric door lock for easy instant access for the residents.

    submitted by /u/Italiandogs
    [link] [comments]

    Setting IP cams on a separate network with no internet access

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    So, I'm curious how everyone here is doing this method. For me, in the past I had a separate router, not connected to the internet, acting as the dhcp server so the camera's would be given an up address. However, recently (and not sure why) my router hasn't been assigning IP addresses the the cameras.

    My question to y'all, how are you guys setting up your intranet for the camera's? How are you giving your cameras ip addresses?

    submitted by /u/Italiandogs
    [link] [comments]

    Self move ADT equipment to new home?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    I have about 12 sensors, a camera, 2 control modules (one keypad one touchscreen), sensor in the main room, and doorbell camera.

    ...Can't I just take it all down and install it at my new place? What's preventing me from doing a self uninstall (rip sensors off sticky tape) and installing at my new place (re-taping them to the new windows/doors)?

    submitted by /u/article_92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment