• Breaking News

    Monday, June 15, 2020

    Home security: Stopping persistent trespassing?

    Home security: Stopping persistent trespassing?


    Stopping persistent trespassing?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Looking for a wireless, extremely discreet setup I can monitor my property with. I have been plagued with since moving to a new area, a self-righteous rural kid and his parent that seem to want to police the 'new guy' and insert themselves into my private life in the home I moved across the country to live in. It doesn't help I chose this house and it being at the end of the block on the street I am on.

    They are extremely.. good at avoiding my attempts clearly, to make contact and seem to be VERY adept at it. I have put up an IR floodlight covering one area of my property, the unfortunate thing is I am on a tight budget and can't afford to cover every area.

    My motion detection has been pixel by pixel from an indoor camera, it's pretty hit or miss. I have a Reolink E1.

    So I need a way to conspicuously monitor my property, it has a lot of trees and bush. If I have a conspicuous setup with good motion detection I might be able to capture the evidence I need. I have a 840nm floodlight which probably tipped them off I was attempting to and on to them. I notice they are avoiding the area I point it towards and my setup is pointing my indoor camera in its direction through a window.

    Help me, I am tired of them and not wanting to ruin my reputation by calling the police or setting up 'deterrents' becoming the guy who invades the neighborhood privacy in this rural town with cameras. I just want to be able to catch them in the act and tell them to fuck off politely.. or even introduce myself because so far they scramble whenever I go out to keep simply returning minutes later.

    submitted by /u/Alternative-Yard
    [link] [comments]

    Security Camera System Recommendations

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm looking to replace my cheap Zmodo wireless cameras with something more robust. I've never assembled an entire camera system before and there's a lot I don't know. I strongly prefer a self-hosted storage and remote access system. I don't want to have to go through a third party server or sketchy Chinese company in order to view my footage (Ring, Nest, cheap Amazon brands). I already have my own self-hosted clouds storage and VPN.

    Here's what I'm looking for:

    • 4 cameras w/ night vision (wireless is okay, but if wired I'd like POE)
    • NVR (would be nice if I could copy data remotely over a network/SSH)
    • Remote access app for Android (I'm really opposed to these no name apps that connect to overseas servers and require third-party accounts)
    • Motion-sensing alerts (ideally push notifications to a smartphone)
    • Under $400

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sir_Me0wCat
    [link] [comments]

    Vista 20p Troubleshooting

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I reset my Honeywell Vista 20p using the backdoor method since I forgot my master and installer codes.

    When I reset it instead of allowing me to press * and # to get to installer code 20, my keypad flashes what looks to be "AD 17 00" not sure what exact order. I've reset this keypad before, not sure what happened this time.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/tauajpne
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for something not expensive that has recording capabilities and nightvision

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Not really sure how to look this up efficiently as I have no knowledge in this space. Hoping someone could help me out here and point me to something very affordable that I can use to:

    -record-see in the dark (doesn't have to be a very strong night vision, just something usable in dim lighting)

    I've noticed alot of them have WIFI but dont have recording capabilities, If it does infact have Wi-Fi, is there a way to have it set up so it automatically records footage to a drive or something? That could also be useful incase it cannot record within the device.(again, I really don't know much about this space).

    I don't need anything really great. Anything that can do the job I need it to will do, hence price>quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/WickedSynth
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security Surveillance System: How to view feeds?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This is probably obvious, but I've wanted a security camera system for a while and the biggest reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm concerned about remote viewing of the video. In all cases the systems available on the cheap required an Android/iPhone app to be able to view the video remotely. I'm leery of this because what I don't want to do is be dependent upon a server that is external to my home network to be able to view my security video remotely. I don't want my video leaving my premises.

    I'm more than capable of streaming my video on my home network. I just don't want to purchase a system and find out that I'm "locked" into a proprietary system that makes it impossible to remotely view the video without the assistance of a remote server a thousand miles away in a data center. My privacy is important to me. I've downloaded instructions for a couple of these systems and there is no mention about remote access outside of the context of using their proprietary app.

    I'm looking at https://www.homedepot.com/p/ZOSI-8-Channel-1080p-1TB-Hard-Drive-DVR-Security-Camera-System-with-4-Wired-Dome-Cameras-8FN-418W4-10-US/307825501

    There's no particular reason I've chosen this brand other than it's cheap.

    Can anyone with experience help me with this question? Is this system, or is there another that is capable of me opening a browser, connecting to a url on my local network and viewing the video without the need of proprietary software that whisks away my video feeds to a remote server?

    Edit: Unless someone has direct experience then per https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOSI/comments/enns88/zosi_modshardware_hacking/ it doesn't appear Zosi DVRs' video streams are accessible remotely without their app.

    submitted by /u/shane_black
    [link] [comments]

    Continous Indoor Recording

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Need a indoor camera that will continously record while I am asleep asap and relatively cheap for medical reasons. I bought a Wansview i9 which sucks. What camera offers continuous recording?

    submitted by /u/kayb1987
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment