• Breaking News

    Monday, June 15, 2020

    Home security: ADT is terrible

    Home security: ADT is terrible


    ADT is terrible

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    ADT service is horrible. I do not recommend them. We've had continual problems with our ADT Service. First, when it was installed it installed by an "authorized" dealer and never told they weren't really ADT. Second, several aspects of the service were misrepresented (such as Ring being included, when it wasn't). Third, when a device failed in the first few months we were charged to have it fix. Fourth, it is extremely expensive compared to other services. Fifth, if you need any help plan on hours waiting on the phone. Ring and Wyze cameras are great and don't have the huge monthly fees. Other services are a fraction of the cost.

    submitted by /u/Boilermaker2923
    [link] [comments]

    Car smashed. Wyze sucks. Security issues in area. Need a 5MP POE setup ASAP

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Car was smashed at night. Wyze footage was trash. Cops said its useless. Can't make out face.

    I'm in Toronto, Canada. Prefer amazon or Costco but open to other places. Budget around 5-600 CAD.

    Need a 4 camera setup. Requirements:

    • Excellent quality and night vision. Min 4-5MP ideally
    • PoE for obvious reasons
    • NVR with remote app access
    • Room to expand would be good but not needed.

    I have 2x spare WD Red 3TB drives sitting around perhaps those fan be of use.

    Amazon shows Reolink systems and costco has lorex and orhers.

    Suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/Warptrooper
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Sale Guy

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    No idea if this is the right place to post this, but I came home tonight, and my wife told me and ADT Rep came by. We've never had a security system before, but the guy asked to come inside and show her the information. And to my dismay, she let him in. I was of course upset and asked her exactly what happened. He says they walked right to the kitchen table, and he took out a bunch of paper work and showed how much it would cost to get a door cam and security system and stuff. I'm of course freaked out that this was some kind of scouting scam for a break in, but she said they only went into the living room and kitchen, and that the only maybe sensitive info she gave out is that we don't have a security system, other than a few cameras we have around the inside and outside of the house.

    I'm convinced the guy was fake because after she turned down his offer, she asked for a business card and he said he didn't have any. So i'm freaked out that we're going to get broken into in a few days. Is this a scam that people run often, should I call the cops? I'm not really sure what to do or if i'm just being paranoid.

    submitted by /u/gottharry
    [link] [comments]

    First home outdoor camera system

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking to setup a WiFi camera system that I can hook up to one of my old computers through a software of my choosing. While I do see the advantages of PoE, I'd like to just go with WiFi because I have a really good network . I need between 5-7 cameras budget is under 400$.

    I'm pretty good with computers and don't want to have to deal with any subscriptions for the cloud because I can setup my own "cloud" at home. Any suggestions on cameras that will hook up to open source programs? My network is configured so that once my cameras are connected to my computer my family will be able to remotely access them without the need of a subscription.

    Sorry, I'm very new at the whole camera thing. We just got new neighbors who are somewhat less than friendly.

    submitted by /u/banjo509
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a dumb idea to cut down trees and use them as a noisy barricade around the perimeter of a house in a SHTF/bug-in scenario?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    We live right between suburbs and rural settings and have many trees on our property that could be easily felled and moved to block doors windows. This would severely slow and give away anyone trying to sneak in. I'm trying to consider the second and third order issues that might stem from this idea. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NotAnotherDownvote
    [link] [comments]

    Door Jammer

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    What’s a good device to show when deauth occurs?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Bought a battery powered WiFi security cam 6 months ago & have the device drop recording or the screen turns black during package deliveries. I cannot afford to rewire home with Ethernet cables and set up POE/NVR system now. (Kicking myself I didn't do this from the start.)

    I know I cannot trace who's doing it. I want to know when it's being done though. Are there any good alternatives to Fingbox?

    submitted by /u/IAC0920
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a shotgun

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Could I buy a cheap shotgun tomorrow for 200 bucks from academy sports, like, is that legal? I live in North Carolina. I have no felonies or convictions of any kind.

    submitted by /u/RockyMiaviahh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment