• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Home security: New to home and personal defense

    Home security: New to home and personal defense


    New to home and personal defense

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Good morning!

    For many Americans, the past few months have left us a little more anxious and uncertain about what the future may hold. I've decided that it is better to be prepared than not.

    I don't own a gun and haven't fired one in about 15 years. I am pro 2A but felt I never had the need for a firearm or protection, but lately I've been considering purchasing some basic gear. An article in today's USA TODAY confirmed my suspicion that gun sales would be on the rise.

    My question is: what would ya'll recommend for someone who wants to have some basic body protection (helmet, mask, goggles, vest) and perhaps a firearm? I only have experience with firing 12 and 20 gauge shotguns, and mid-caliber hunting rifles.

    Thanks so much! Stay safe.

    Edit: I live in Michigan just in case that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/Walkingeverywhere
    [link] [comments]

    Using Simon xt and simplisafe

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    I purchased a house that was a foreclosure so no info or codes was given to me at closing.

    It has a simon xt and it also has an older simplisafe system with the simplisafe entry sensors, motion detectors etc.

    We never used the security system because we never knew the code to use it. However, in the disarm mode, the simon xt would still alert us with a voice that the back door, laundry door was opened etc...

    We accidentally armed the simon xt one time and to get the alarm to go off we unplugged it and removed the battery and reset the simon xt by holding down the 4 buttons when powering it back up.

    How can you learn these sensors again to the simon xt?

    Simplisafe sensors do not have a way to trip the sensor so it can get learned by the simon that I know of.

    I don't even know how it was even working before but it was.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/CIS2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment