• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 23, 2020

    Home security: Need recommendations, 2 cameras for rural area trailer with slow internet.

    Home security: Need recommendations, 2 cameras for rural area trailer with slow internet.


    Need recommendations, 2 cameras for rural area trailer with slow internet.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Moving to a rural area into a trailer.

    Husband wants 2 cameras. At least 1 would be outside.

    Only internet option other than satellite is Verizon 1.5mb-3.0mb.

    Looking for lower end cheaper options for this. He's open to wired camera systems but I know nothing about them and neither does he. Would be OK with temporarily accessing the internet to let it upload footage but realistically that would take forever.

    Not sure what to do...

    I know they make the 4G LTE cameras but we only get 1 bar LTE on our Verizon cells so not sure if that's good enough or would get coverage.

    Budget is $300 but preferably $100 ish if possible. Although we are open to any suggestions.

    Thanks ❤️

    submitted by /u/20-percent-success
    [link] [comments]

    Ditching Ring, going with a custom hardwired setup.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am currently using 3 Ring cameras and we absolutely hate all 3 of them. I'm looking towards a POE system. I'm looking at this setup:

    https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/NVR1218

    https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Unmanaged-Rackmount-Lifetime-TL-SG1016PE/dp/B0721V1TGV/ (I have a lot of hardwired devices)

    https://www.amazon.com/Vigilancia-Assistant-Seguridad-Movimiento-RLC-520/dp/B07HFQ4LH1/

    I'm looking Reolink Cameras, perhaps not those specifically but something in their product line

    Has anyone had experience with Synology's NVR system? I have their routers (2x 2600 and 1 mr2200) and they work great.

    Any recommendations for the cameras brands that are under $200?

    submitted by /u/NO_SPACE_B4_COMMA
    [link] [comments]

    body cameras that save footage of a certain amount of time prior to pressing record?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I was wondering in the case where I would record an interaction, is there a body camera with a feature that will constantly record but delete the footage unless I press record, at which point it saves something like 30 seconds or a minute of video prior?

    submitted by /u/Aidendogin
    [link] [comments]

    How do backup NVR video?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    I was looking at getting an IP Camera system with NVR such as the Reolink RLN8-410. However, I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to automatically back up the video data. Aren't people concerned that someone who breaks into their home will steal the NVR and take the evidence with them? I'm really surprised I can't find more information on this. What are my options here?

    Perhaps I should go with something like the Reolink WiFi cameras which will send the recordings to the cloud? I'm just very wary of storing my video in the cloud.

    submitted by /u/ozziegt
    [link] [comments]

    iSpy and PTZ cameras

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I did have iSpy's PTZ controller working fine with a couple of cheap Chinese IP PTZ CCTV cameras - but it has now stopped working (it is only the PTZ controller that is not working; the video streaming, monitoring, motion detection, recording etc. are all still working fine). The cameras themselves are fine - I can PTZ them from CamHi or IP Camera, just not iSpy. The relevant entry in the ptz2.xml file has not changed.

    Any ideas what's going on ?

    submitted by /u/Inside_Lime
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations for an NVR/DVR that supports 4 cameras that use BNC connectors.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    I currently have a Q-SEE but it's just trash. The harddrive shuts down on it's own after one night and needs to be rebooted again and again. Totally unreliable garbage. I need a replacement that's under $200. I found this one and it seems decent, but the reviews leaves much to be desired.

    https://www.amazon.ca/ZOSI-Channels-Security-Detection-Recorder/dp/B07H2B17LC/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=bnc%2Bnvr&qid=1592827620&refinements=p_72%3A11192170011&rnid=11192166011&s=electronics&sr=1-9&th=1#customerReviews

    submitted by /u/AeroRandy
    [link] [comments]

    Best Place to Put Door Sensors

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Hello! I moved into my own apartment recently and my dad got me 2 Sengled door sensors. I have 3 doors I can put them on and I am wondering if anyone here knows the doors a criminal would most likely use to break in.

    I'm on the third floor, I have a front door, a back door and a sliding door facing the street. The apartment complex is gated. You need a code to get into the courtyard and another code to get into the building. My first instinct is the put it on the front and back doors but the since the sliding door is facing the street, putting a sensor there could be beneficial as well. Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated!

    Maybe I'm being paranoid to think someone would scale my building to break into my sliding doors but I've watched too many episodes of criminal minds to rule it out!!

    TLDR: I have a front door, back door and sliding glass door on my 3rd story apartment but only 2 door sensors. Which doors should I put the sensors on?

    submitted by /u/Fancypizzaearrings
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security System Randomly Chimes

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Over the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed a chime happen about once a week that sounds like a door or window opened but I can't track it down. In under a few seconds when I make it to the key pad it is normal.

    System is ADT Safewatch 3000. I've checked the event log but it only logs arms and disarms. Is there a way to help track this down. It has a protection feature I believe where a flapping sensor like this, it will prevent the alarm from triggering so I don't think I can turn the alarm on and hope it sets off a zone.

    Any tips or suggestions?

    Along with that I went to start cleaning the window sills where the sensors are and they are quite dirty but I've noticed some of the silicon (assuming that's what it is is starting to wear). What's the appropriate sealant to put over the sensors to help ensure they're protected against water/rain?

    submitted by /u/PoseidonTheAverage
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment