• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Home security: Looking For a Certain Type of Door Alarm

    Home security: Looking For a Certain Type of Door Alarm


    Looking For a Certain Type of Door Alarm

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    My son is autistic, and if unattended, may try to leave. We bought regular door/window alarms and they are on both main exits, and his bedroom door. But there's 2 problems; 1) If we're sleeping, they're not loud enough to wake us up in some cases. 2) He's learning that if he opens his bedroom door, goes through, and closes it quickly, the alarm barely goes off.

    So, I was wondering if there is a type of alarm where the sensors can be put in different parts of the house, but the alarm itself can be put in our bedroom. Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/ChuckZombie
    [link] [comments]

    Simple camera set-up for in laws house

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    G'day, so the title practically speaks for itself. So the in laws, my partner and I have been noticing more sus cars around, along with neighbourhood reports online of more cars being checked, break ins etc. With their age I dont want to get a full on fancy fandangle set up with an NVR, server or anything else that's too complicated. I realise from what I've been reading on here the last few months, not many are advocates for the cloud based cameras. But this is probably what we will have to go for, so not to complicate things and confuse them.

    What brands do people think, or know, are more preferred over others, or even brands that have space for SD cards but with an app to view the cameras? Is there any cameras that have SD card storage, and still be able to view past footage, or am I dreaming? For the cameras, I was planning on mounting one on each garage which is either side of the property, and possibly one above the entry. The facades is quite high so im not concerned about people getting up and blocking vision.

    Hope I haven't complicated or asked for blood out of a stone with this post. Any more details needed to make suggestions, shoot away!

    submitted by /u/ThatInstantFamilyGuy
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in the market for motion sensing cameras

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I would for an ISP, and we need a camera for every node (like a box with networking equipment in it). These cameras don't have to record everything; just when someone is entering/accessing the node. 2 way audio isn't necessary, but recording audio would be great.

    However, just a single frame or just a few would be sufficient.

    Because of the number of these needed, price is important. I'm happy if it can just send an email, or if it requires a dedicated server to be tied to, that's totally doable.

    So I'm looking for a solution that can handle at least 50 cameras, and ideally be scalable to infinity.

    Any and all suggestions would be awesome! To be safe, I'm going to lean more towards outdoor only.

    submitted by /u/expletive-expletive
    [link] [comments]

    Help setting up multiple POE cameras to my PC.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I am planning a setup where I have 4 Reolink RLC-410's recording 24/7 to a PC system running Blue Iris or something similar.

    As I understand: I need a switch, with 4 POE ports for the cameras, and 1 extra port. This extra port can either go to my router, or my pc?

    • Q1: I know nothing about switches, so is there anything I need to look out for when buying them? Will anything with 4 poe ports and one other port work?

    • Q2: Will all of the features of those Reolink cameras (incl. motion detection, day/night) work on a PC system, rather than Reolink's own NVR?

    • Q3: If the switch goes to my router, then what? If my PC has internet access, how do I get the feeds from my cameras to my PC? Will Blue Iris detect it automatically from my internet connection and be able to get the separate camera feeds? If not, how would I configure things?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/scootead
    [link] [comments]

    Do any manufacturers make 5mb wireless cameras that are solar powered?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Or even 4mb? I have Ring Spotlight cameras (wifi / solar), and am looking to swap because I can't view history without the subscription. I'm wondering if the following exists:

    Wifi outdoor camera that will record to a local SD at 5mbit but previous a remote stream to the app at 7/201080 to conserve bandwidths solar panel and spotlight options are plus.

    I see this one: https://m.reolink.com/product/rlc-511w/

    But no solar option. The Argus3 exists, but I've had such poor experiences with 1080p cameras and dark detail/zoom they are kind of worthless

    submitted by /u/HelpingrFrugalOut
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for plugin siren to be activated by smart plug

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Looking for a small indoor siren alarm that can be plugged into a generic wall outlet smart plug and activated when plug is turned on. Turns off when smart plug is off. Bonus would be if it had a built in strobe.

    Do not want a large siren horn type device. Do not want anything dependent on an ecosystem like Ring, Nest, etc.

    Any recommendations on what would work?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/johnnygeezz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment