• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Home security: intentionally reducing the range of garage door opener?

    Home security: intentionally reducing the range of garage door opener?


    intentionally reducing the range of garage door opener?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    I recently found my garage door open overnight and I couldn't figure out why until I tested my garage door remote and the range is completely ridiculous.

    I am the front unit of front/back duplex and the garage is detached in the back. I can open the garage door from the front-most room in my house, through at least a dozen walls, the back guys' half of the duplex, the backyard, the garage structure.

    Is there a good way to reduce the range of the motor unit? It seems excessive and unsafe since I can never be totally sure if I accidentally clicked the opener or something.

    Everything I google seems to come up with ways to increase range..

    submitted by /u/vhearts
    [link] [comments]

    Resources for learning about and comparing home security systems.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I'm looking resources to compare and evaluate security systems that aren't ranked based on how much the company paid them. Bonus if there is a detailed chart that includes customer service ratings, quality of equipment ease of use and other factors to home security that I am probably missing because I've never had any before. It seems like these systems are a long term commitment so I want to make sure I've done what I can to best ensure I'm happy with whatever I end up with.

    submitted by /u/rehyek
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a dashcam like device for the house

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I am trying to make my parents' house more secure, however, they have bad internet. Are there any security camera devices that could work?

    I don't need remote access, so I was wondering if something like a dashcam for the home exists - essentially just a camera that's records rolling for something like 24 hours, so that if something does happen, we can check over the footage the next day.

    submitted by /u/finishmyleg
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an infrared and frequency (bug) detector for legitimate non-crazy use. All reviews/suggestions seem to be tainted or outdated.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    My post pretty much says it all. For some reason, my new phone camera that comes with three lenses on one side does not seem to have a infrared filter option built-in or in the filter store.

    Most Reddit posts I could find on the topic were over a year old. Amazon/marketplace reviews on these devices seem to all be fishy. Review articles online seem to all be too affiliate-like for me to trust. It has gotten near impossible in this world to get a source for honest reviews/suggestions these days. These devices usually start around $30-$50 so I was hoping to get some more clarity before buying.

    submitted by /u/tanman897
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment