• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 11, 2020

    Home security: Custom rigs

    Home security: Custom rigs


    Custom rigs

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    What equipment do you have if you had made your own setup? I'm researching building my own using blue iris, a pc andHikvision IP cameras.

    Any recommendations? Anything you dont recommend if you did it all again?

    submitted by /u/Burnbabyburnnn
    [link] [comments]

    [CANADA] Is there any ONVIF compliant, POE, affordable outdoor security cameras?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I'm looking to set up a security system for my house at some point in the near future, and the recommendations on this sub seem to be all over the place when it comes to "what budget camera should I get?".

    A lot of the good quality looking POE cameras I've seen are over $200 CAD per camera which seems a bit expensive, and I don't know what companies I should look at when it comes to budget-tier cameras.

    Also, I'd rather buy the cameras individually as I already have a DIY NVR ready to use.

    submitted by /u/Cheeezus
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Camera + Local Storage/Server

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    I'm looking for some suggestions on outdoor security cameras for a house.

    I'd like to avoid cloud storage and the subscription costs that typically come with it.

    I have a couple servers and a large storage array, so I'd like to find something that would let me store locally.

    submitted by /u/Warm_Soup
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know where I can find a..

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Fireproof/ heat resistant safe that is this size maximum....or smaller of course!

    The biggest it can be is 30 inches long, by 10 inches wide, with a max height of 4 and a half inches.

    Please and thank you! I'm finding the hardest part is the height needing to be less than 4 and a half inches

    submitted by /u/J7osh586
    [link] [comments]

    My security camera is being wacky.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    So my ex bought a camera (EbitCam) and we still use it. We use the mpbile app and sometimes it randomly takes pictures. I know because sometimes they show up on my phone. Its always done this, since the beginning. It kinda worried me, but my ex convinced me it was probably just a glitch. But now its putting pictures of random symbols on my phone and getting very freaked out. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried? Should I invest in a better more secure camera? My kids run hot so they dont wear clothes to bed so this makes me very very uncomfortable. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Ill try to attach a picture. https://i.imgur.com/U2nOGnW.jpg

    submitted by /u/_Chaotix
    [link] [comments]

    Is Vivint good or not?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I want to keep my family more safe, especially with everything going on it seems all crazy and having a security system would help me sleep better at night.

    I'm currently looking at Vivint and everything seems good - someone will install it, they have a bunch of home security products, and in the future might even add some of their home automation products too.

    Everything seems like its ready for me to go ahead and buy it, but before I do - is there anything I should be aware of like hidden costs or maybe their product is laggy or there a better brand out there?

    TL;DR: I'm about to buy Vivint for my home, is this a good or bad idea? Why?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SaaS-y
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for the best inexpensive setup for outdoor cameras/home security

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    I'm not even a little tech savvy. My son is so he would probably be able to install. I'm just wondering what the best setup would be to have some outdoor cameras. I'm on a very tight budget, so I'm hoping to find a good quality setup for a good price.

    Would like to have one that shows my driveway (would need to be near my garage, not sure if this matters) and something that shows my front porch.

    It would also be nice to have something that shows the road in front of my house, because sometimes there are cars parked at the curb by my home.

    Two vehicles have been gotten into (one person always leaves their doors unlocked and his wallet and some other belongings were stolen, and my son accidentally left his unlocked and they went through the car, but luckily they didn't take anything from this vehicle).

    I would be super grateful if anyone can help me with this. I also want something that will show images at night. I haven't even looked into it because I have no idea what I need to look for. Thanks in advance for any advice!

    submitted by /u/kaiseyes
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with security fog?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone. I recently came across a few companies that offers "home security fog systems" and I thought they looked pretty interesting.

    Demo 1

    Demo 2

    I was wondering if any of you have any experience with these types of fog systems and would like to share any opinions you have on them. The reason I'm asking is because my uncle he is considering buying one of these after he was held at gunpoint during a burglary. After that, he built a panic room for his wife and kids and is looking into different home security systems. He likes the idea of a fog security system because he will thinks it disorientate the burglar and help get his family into the panic room safely. So he has a few questions for anyone that has any experience with these systems:

    1. About how much did you pay for your system? (the system itself, as well as refills and installation)
    2. Does it need to be professionally installed or can you do it yourself?
    3. How are they triggered? Can you manually trigger it from a panic button or does it always go off every time the alarm set off?
    4. Are there any companies that are based in the U.S. that offer this? (It seems like most of them are from the U.K. or Denmark)
    5. Is there any residue left over after the fog clears?
    6. Does anyone have a fog system from any of the following websites and what was the buying process like?

    Thanks to anyone who took the time to respond.

    submitted by /u/endocardial
    [link] [comments]

    Simple camera and intercom system

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm recently disabled and living by myself in my house. There are several steps from the main floor to the front door, and I prefer not to go down there unless I need to.

    What I'm looking for is a simple camera/intercom system that I can use to identify and communicate with people who knock on my front door. Ideally that system would be inexpensive and could be operated/linked to my phone so that I could see who's at the door and talk with them if necessary. However I don't really know where to start. The systems I'm seeing are generally more complicated than I need. I don't need to record these events, this is purely about communication.

    Any recommendations would be helpful. TIA.

    submitted by /u/randyripoff
    [link] [comments]

    Remotely commanding NVR (not remote viewing?)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    I'm curious to learn if there is a way to remotely control an NVR by way of remote commands.

    Eventually, I want to be able to use my Google Assistant to pull up a camera to full-screen on my television, which I can currently do using the remote/mouse attached to the NVR (#obviously). I can manage all of the other technical steps from getting Google Assistant to run commands on a PC (which would then have a nice chat with the NVR) but I'm struggling to find any way to pass commands to the NVR.

    I've looked online and I'm not seeing anything, generically, regarding commanding my NVRs aside from accessing the NVR settings or live-views via a browser, which are not what I want to do. I haven't looked in the manual, to be honest, so if there's an answer in there feel free to berate me for being lazy, lol.

    I have an Amcrest NV4108E-HS (set up at my parents' place) and a GW Security GW5508NPG.

    Any suggestions or even confirmation that this is not possible without mucking with installed *ware on either NVR would be appreciated. Thanks for any assistance! :)

    submitted by /u/14WhiteTrim1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment