• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    Home security: are we allowed to sell gear here ? anyone want a American Dynamics VACD5C (410-10040) Video Capture Card ? i'll send it to you for shipping cost. otherwise it's getting recycled.

    Home security: are we allowed to sell gear here ? anyone want a American Dynamics VACD5C (410-10040) Video Capture Card ? i'll send it to you for shipping cost. otherwise it's getting recycled.


    are we allowed to sell gear here ? anyone want a American Dynamics VACD5C (410-10040) Video Capture Card ? i'll send it to you for shipping cost. otherwise it's getting recycled.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    same model as this one https://i.imgur.com/ngpcHBA.jpg

    apparently the little BNC attachment is part D0312-4026-01

    i can't find any info on the specs to advise what resolution it encodes at, or what kind of software it is or isn't going to be compatible with. other than it came from an Intellex LT system, looks like circa 2010 equipment.

    not looking for anything more than shipping, i just see enough posts here with people wanting to get funky with old analog cameras, figured i'd see if there was interest before dropping it in the electronics recycle bin at work.

    assumed to be working, but i can't test it.

    oh, i should say, US shipping.

    cheers

    submitted by /u/ImaginaryCheetah
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor camera that has accessible online CVR feature?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    I'd like to replace my NEST with a proper security cam that provides online CVR capabilities similar to the NEST cam. Does something like this exist on non-commercial cameras? I know I'd need to get a DVR, but is there a way to display these online anywhere I want?

    submitted by /u/March2k16
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative to connecting Reolink D800 to NVR?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    The Reolink website says that its D800 PoE security camera "cannot work independently and ONLY works with RLN8-410, RLN16-410 (4K version) or Reolink surveillance system with one of this two NVRs." The NVRs it lists are $220 to $270.

    Is there a cheaper option if 1) I only plan to use one video camera and 2) only want to keep 7 days of 24/7 video at 4K quality? For example, could I connect the camera to an external hard drive or a cheap old computer or something? Or does it really only work with those NVRs, and am I stuck with one of those two options?

    submitted by /u/QandAandQandA
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] iVMS 4200, using a remote Mac to download the footage. It throws a libPlayCtrl.dylib[31] error code. It will load the video but won't playback past 3 seconds. It will also not show any available videos for download.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    How best to secure an individual room with in your rental home

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I live in a rental property, been here for 3 years now. Probably won't be moving for at least another few years. We have security fly doors on all external doors, and we make sure to always lock all doors, as well as arming our alarm system sensors, however I'm very concerned that if we had a break in, all my expensive toys and work tools would get taken. We have contents insurance, however I've never once had a break in my whole life and I'm very paranoid due to the area im currently living in that one day my luck will end.

    Mostly all of my expensive items are confined to one room which I use as my office. Is there any sort of way I can best lock this door so that if we were broken into they would be unable to access this particular room? Is it possible to get doors that are both lockable but also incredibly difficult to kick or barge down, or am I just wasting my time here?

    Also would it make sense to set up a camera system in this room to assist with my contents insurance, or would that make little to no difference?

    just a few days ago I recorded a video showing all of my items serial numbers but I would like to do everything I can to ensure that what's mine stays mine haha

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/DiabloFour
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any good wide angle/long field of view cameras that perform well in night/IR mode?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    I am looking for cameras that can record a wide area (say a whole front yard) that works well at night as well as day. My current setup can see the whole yard in the day, but at night, it's field of view is only about 33%. I don't need PTZ or anything, just PoE.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/LockItAllDown
    [link] [comments]

    Will wireless security cameras affect my home’s internet connection?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    I'm new to the game—my bike was stolen last night so i'm looking to install 2-3 cameras on the perimeter/doors of my property. Will this affect my wifi bandwidth/connection? Do they require connection to the same network? I'm a bit out of the loop here so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    Would also appreciate brand recommendations for camera systems.

    submitted by /u/cheddarknob
    [link] [comments]

    24/7 outdoor camera

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    Have asked on here a while back and was advised the reolink camera

    I got the reolink argus pro just recently as it's for nightmare neighbour issues and was forced to get one asap

    I previously purchased this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081N5GGPW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XnZ8EbBVYD546

    But returned it as 1 my router is in an area that means I have to be wireless and setup required ethernet set up and 2 once working via wifi it was severely delayed, I could watch myself walk upstairs.

    The reolink is shit hot even though its currently indoors removing the infared lights and display light allow full perfect view from outside at night.

    Only downfall is its not 24/7 so can see cars have moved but the reolink hasnt picked up with the motion sensor, which isnt great when there has been a previous hit and run attemps on our car

    So looking for: Wifi (routers in a odd place so cant get to it) 24/7 (cloud or app stored) Resolution options or a privacy mark (not essential but no doubt neighbours complain of privacy) Solar or plug would be fine less cables the better

    Edit: Was just thinking I have this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071RCFMF3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TE78EbVY0KNAY Which records 24/7 but doesnt pick up night through the window like the reolink (infrared and indicater off)

    Indoor would do if it even can see outside at night

    submitted by /u/Svefnugr_Fugl
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink PoE camera question

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Hey all, I was looking to add another camera to my Reolink 8ch NVR but the location is not ideal for running Cat5e to. I do have electrical outlets nearby, though.

    Is it possible to use a PoE injector with a pair of Ethernet power line adapters? Does the camera use the Ethernet as a 10/100mbps line if it is receiving power from an injector? I recognize there would be a large drop in picture quality if this were even possible but that would be acceptable for this location.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/stevestloo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment