• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 7, 2020

    Home security: Windows 10 May update is getting native IP Cam support for IP Cams with ONVIF Profile S

    Home security: Windows 10 May update is getting native IP Cam support for IP Cams with ONVIF Profile S


    Windows 10 May update is getting native IP Cam support for IP Cams with ONVIF Profile S

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Alarm.com/True Protection Deal?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Can someone tell me if this a good deal or too good to be true? I search on Alarm.com and got a quote today from a company local called "True Protection" here is the quote provided.

    ITEMSAMOUNT 4G LTE Card for 2Gig Go! Control Panel 1.00 ⨉ $0.00 Taxable $0.00 2Gig Thin Door/Window Sensor 23.00 ⨉ $0.00 Taxable $0.00 Alarm.com V723W Wireless Outdoor Camera (1080p) 2.00 ⨉ $0.00 Taxable $0.00 install 1.00 ⨉ $0.00 Taxable $0.00 Subtotal:$0.00 Estimate Amount:$0.00 Comments True Protection will waive ALL upfront costs for equipment, installation, and activation, and customer will only have to pay for monthly alarm monitoring rate of $49.99/month (+tax), on a 36-month alarm monitoring agreement.

    Includes 24/7/365 alarm monitoring via our 5-diamond certified monitoring station with a dedicated 4G LTE cellular connection to the monitoring station and Alarm.com Interactive remote access for alarm system and cameras through your phone

    submitted by /u/tx_blondie
    [link] [comments]

    Security systems grades: explanation

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hello everyone.

    I am new to this whole world and I am trying to understand a bit more what I am getting into!

    Looing online for the differences between grades, I havent found much explaining what they actually are, I only found small descriptin saying that the higher the level, the skilled has to be the person who breaks in. Now, what is the real difference between level 2, 3 and 4 in terms of kit?

    What is the difference between a lv2 sensor and a lv4's? If any.

    One last thing: Where I work, in the UK, we have a security system from the US and it does not say its grade, is there a classification in the States? And if yes, what's the comparison between American and European?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Black_Ice931
    [link] [comments]

    Security Cam feedback wanted. Like a Kickstarter, but free.~

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Hey /r/HomeSecurity

    I work at a cloud services company trying to develop the 'perfect' home security camera, for Redditors, and we want your feedback.

    1) What features are missing / you'd like to see in your perfect home security system?

    2) How can we make the 'cloud' more 'privacy focused'?

    Yesterday we had some starter suggestions from /r/HomeAutomation

    • onvif / rtsp support out of the box
    • multiple streams for different qualities
    • adjustable night vision
    • no cloud requirements

    Let me know and I'll do our best to incorporate your feedback in our next smart camera product.

    submitted by /u/ugohome
    [link] [comments]

    IP cameras disconnect from NVR software 5 minutes after booting

    Posted: 06 May 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    I got a really good price on a set of 6 Isotect cameras and an NVR. I got sick of dealing with the included NVR's software so I'm in the process of moving everything to a proper server with Blue Iris.

    I have 3 cameras that refuse to connect. If I use the same URL as the two that are working it will say no signal. If I reboot the camera it will reconnect for almost exactly 5 minutes after booting and then drop again. The same happens if I change encoder settings on the camera. Blue Iris gives a generic "Failed to connect" error. iSpy encounters the same issue. If I reconfigure the cameras back to how they connect to the NVR they came with it works immediately and is reasonably stable on the old hardware.

    I don't know a whole lot about the cameras but they use a URL that is associated with Zosi on iSpy's website. That being: rtsp://ipofcamera/onvif1 and the version information in the software returns 0 results. That information being, Model: IPC / Hardware Version: 1.3.0 / Software Version: 2.8.10.5761103303 / Release Time: 2018/11/12 18:58:11

    I've tried reducing the bitrate and resolution, which only works for 5 minutes, and also letting them sit and rebooting.

    I also have 1 of the same model that I factory reset and it's putting out a wifi network when plugged in but won't connect to a wired network and 192.168.1.1 won't give me a web interface when connected to the wifi.

    submitted by /u/Battleboy43
    [link] [comments]

    Kwikset 907 Powerbolt2 and other keypad deadbolts.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    How is the security of keypad deadbolts, specifically Kwikset 907 Powerbolt2 and competing products?

    Still easy to hack/bypass/reprogram?

    Any recommendations of a similar or better product?

    Clearance sale: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kwikset-907-Powerbolt2-Electronic-Deadbolt-featuring-SmartKey-Security-in-Satin-Nickel/51344569

    Supposedly newer model same $48 price at Amazon:

    https://smile.amazon.com/Kwikset-Powerbolt-Electronic-Deadbolt-featuring/dp/B00R8A9IBC

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/L0gic23
    [link] [comments]

    Best Video Doorbell 2020

    Posted: 06 May 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Suggestions for a security camera system with a specific set of properties

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm looking for suggestions for a security camera system with the following properties:

    • It should have a burglar detection system - record only when detecting motion and preferrably be able to flash a light.
    • It should work without internet connection - probably saving its recordings locally, on a hard drive
    • It should be able to either send the recordings periodically (via 4G or 5G) or allow me to write a script/program (I'm a programmer so that should be easily doable) which will make it do so.

    I know it's very specific but I really don't know where to start from.

    submitted by /u/Play4u
    [link] [comments]

    You can Makes Your Home Intelligent.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    hello dear reader,

    I am passionate about security and well being, especially in the house.

    after looking on several site I found this product home police24 and I tested, really it is too strong and easy to use.

    I highly recommend it, for more information and discount code please contact me on my email ["lauralacole2@gmail.com](mailto:"lauralacole2@gmail.com)"

    submitted by /u/boulghazi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment