• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Home security: seeking recomm for exterior cam to watch car, esp at night.

    Home security: seeking recomm for exterior cam to watch car, esp at night.


    seeking recomm for exterior cam to watch car, esp at night.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    hi there, not a techie, here, but have had my car broken into and messed with multiple times and Im really sick of it! i mostly can park on the street in front of my house, but sometimes its across the street. And obviously, it usually is happening at night. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced camera that I would be able to view from my phone or laptop. i'm trying to research them, but because getting confused because many are set for motion detection, and obviously on the street there will be lots of motion, pedestrians other cars etc., so I dont know what to look for. thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/Stroopwafels11
    [link] [comments]

    Advice On A WiFi Camera?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    I have a room mate that I think is checking out my stuff while I'm not there. I would like proof to show him. I've tried other WiFi cameras before but I cheaped out and got garbage ones. Any time the connection wasn't good, they would fail completely.

    What I Need:

    1. I need it work a record and have the exact same motion capabilities regardless of whether or it is connected to the internet
    2. I need to be able to see it though my phone when it is connected to the internet
    3. Alerts to my phone
    4. Works in the dark

    What Would Be Nice:

    1. Less than $80.00
    2. To have it work whether or not I'm home
    3. Be able to view it even if I'm not home
    4. Integrate with IFTTT and smart devices
    5. Push notifications for the notification that comes up

    What I Don't Necessarily Need:

    1. Quality video or audio
    2. Two way voice
    3. More than one camera or any kind of bundling with other home security stuff
    4. Cloud storage
    5. Audible alarm from the device
    submitted by /u/GodEmperor_Xi
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for new Surveillance HDD for DVR system

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Looking to upgrade my 1TB to a 4TB HDD.

    Thanks for any info-

    submitted by /u/DigitalCreep
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint glass break sensors (GB2) and Ring - What to do with them?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Our house has Vivint glass break sensors and a Skypanel which we no longer use since we switched to Ring. So here's my dilemma.

    1. Should I remove the Vivint system completely and keep Ring? Ring still does not have glass break sensors. We do not have pro monitoring on Vivint but the Skypanel and sensors work.
      1. If I remove the Vivint system then the problem is removing the GB2 sensors. They are on the drywall with 3M tapes. I have seen many posts and videos of how people remove 3M tape from drywalls with razer blades, goo gone etc. This is a little different. The 3M tape is not visible from any of the sides. Even if I slide dental floss and slowly work my way down I will be working blind. Wife keeps asking me to leave it alone but if I do remove Vivint I want to at least sell off the sensors and make some money off it...but don't want to spend that money (and more) on fixing the drywall.
    2. Should I keep both Vivint (for the glass break) and Ring? Both systems are paid for. If I keep both, is there a way to make Vivint GB2 sensors work with Ring? Maybe through Alexa?

    Any advice will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pdwiki123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment