• Breaking News

    Friday, May 15, 2020

    Home security: Scratched up peephole, neighborhood frequents vandalism and city is the worst in the state for crime. What should I do to protect myself?

    Home security: Scratched up peephole, neighborhood frequents vandalism and city is the worst in the state for crime. What should I do to protect myself?


    Scratched up peephole, neighborhood frequents vandalism and city is the worst in the state for crime. What should I do to protect myself?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    Ajax Smart Alarm - Hub Plus - Testing Radio Signal using a Drone!

    Posted: 15 May 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    The perfect outdoor IP cam that is discrete and quality Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera

    Posted: 15 May 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    So I've been shopping for cameras and have owned a few cheaper indoor ones in the past, but I don't really like them setup where it could make someone feel uncomfortable.

    I have a ring door bell 2 which definitely helps, but I want a wide angle on the left corner of my house. The ring works great but I'm missing a huge vantage with it. This is mostly for theft security as I'm worried my garage might get swooped of tools. I can put one in there too but if they're loading up a truck I wanna see the full picture and which way they drive. I think I might get the ring 3 pro

    I had some friends of friends that seemed kinda skummy and saw the stuff they could hit.

    I was thinking of finding an IP camera to mount discretely, the ring works perfectly because it nots creepy. But the more indoor cameras you have it seems to make some people a little uncortomable. So I wanna do the outside of my house, just to keep guests comfortable.

    I picked out a few different types of models and wanted your thoughts on them. They're fairly different in shape and power

    Amcrest 4k 8MP Outdoor IP Turret PoE

    Blink XT2 by amazon

    or REO Link Poe Turret

    I'm really looking for something I can mount up on my roof maybe so really no can tell its there unless they're are looking hard. I don't want to look like a security nut to my neighbors.

    Basically the battery powered ones that claim 1-2 year life seem like an easy install but a turret would be much higher quality.

    submitted by /u/WookieWeed
    [link] [comments]

    Need to find peace after home burned down & rebuild suggestions.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Hi all:

    I survived a residential fire last week. My home burned down, and everything in it, but I was able to rescue myself and my child. I no longer feel safe, not only in the event of fire but with respect to other concerns such as the possibility of home invasion.

    I am planning on having my home rebuilt from the ground up and I am open to literally any suggestions about fortifying my home better so I can protect my family from a potential invasion.

    With a fire at least, one can envision what are the escape routes from any given room, the need to maintain functioning smoke alarms, fire drills etc. but the prospect of a home invasion is just more frightening given the variables and the limitless scenarios.

    I'm also interested in the idea of panic rooms, I was reading they are more cost efficient during the building of a home and would definitely appreciate any tips or suggestions.

    submitted by /u/icebreaker321
    [link] [comments]

    College Dorm Room Tips?

    Posted: 15 May 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I'm planning to transfer to a new school to finish my Bachelor's Degree and my desired school is a huge city school. I'm not worried about protecting myself (Since I've plenty of experience working in Private Security, etc.) and am in the works of applying for my Pistol Permit.

    What I'm currently interester in is a way to protect my belongings and such while I'm not there. I've been looking at various alarm systems and tracking such, though I'm not very Tech-Savvy. I've thought about putting a lock on the outside of the door, but I'm afraid of some *ss locking it when I'm inside. My fantasy would be some kind of locking slide lock I can detach when I'm in the room.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/TJPOMGA
    [link] [comments]

    Moved into house with Q-See system left behind

    Posted: 15 May 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    I just bought and moved into my first house. There are cameras that are hardwired around the outside of the house.

    The seller said she didn't use the system, it was left by the owner before her.

    There is a box that's basically empty (packaging left inside), some set up manuals in Spanish, a dvr box with a remote and a USB mouse.

    I believe I have located the plugs in the bedroom that plug into the dvr BUT how do I activate/turn on the cameras? Seems like this would be a separate power source or something so what should I be looking for?

    submitted by /u/wantahippo4christmas
    [link] [comments]

    Lookingnfor advicebon indoor/outdoor security system for my house.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    I am looking for an indoor wifi camera system ac powered with hopefully 2 way talk compatibility. Basically functioning as baby monitors. With the ability to add on other cameras inside and out. My main issue is we need to be able to view the cameras in real time, but I do not want to run our camera feeds through the internet, I want to keep everything on a LAN if possible. With all my searching online I can't confirmnif anybof the common 8 channel systems function on LAN with there given apps. Any info would be so greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Human_Confit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment