• Breaking News

    Friday, May 15, 2020

    Home security: What type of electrical box to pre-wire for outdoor security cameras in new construction? I need to run conduit in the walls because spray foam insulation.

    Home security: What type of electrical box to pre-wire for outdoor security cameras in new construction? I need to run conduit in the walls because spray foam insulation.


    What type of electrical box to pre-wire for outdoor security cameras in new construction? I need to run conduit in the walls because spray foam insulation.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    Not necessarily new construction but renovation and we currently have some walls opened up. I plan on running conduit because these walls have to be spray foamed insulated.

    How do I terminate the conduit and the ethernet cable on the exterior of the house? Some under a garrison colonial soffit and some on the vinyl siding, new-work.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/calibloodzz
    [link] [comments]

    Any nest-like alternatives?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Hey all, Nest Secure user here. Just found out that Google is getting rid of the $5 cellular feature for my nest security system and I am not happy about that. Thieves have cut power/internet lines in my city to get into houses. So I'm looking to sell but seeing what other options there are. The main thing is I do not want another company monitoring. I like to self monitor it(Google wants users to pay for brinks service now for $20-$30) Any ideas would be great. I've been a nest follower but I've had enough.

    submitted by /u/zemzy
    [link] [comments]

    Purpose of outdoor motion detectors?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    What is the purpose of outdoor motion detectors like this? I don't see the utility...

    https://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=products&o=view&id=1346

    submitted by /u/DISP-er
    [link] [comments]

    Any reccommendations for security camera that doesn’t need an internet connection?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a good security camera that I can install outside of a rental property I own that doesn't require an internet connection. I've never bought any security camera before so it's a little out of my depth, and I'd appreciate any pointers.

    submitted by /u/ThreePotatoesOnFire
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell L5100 103 Com. Error

    Posted: 14 May 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    From what I've read, the 103 Com. Error is related to some connection issue with either the wifi or cellular (or some error in wiring). My question is is this related to the GSM communication or ILP5 Ethernet Modules?

    If so, can I not connect my L5100 to cellular or wifi? Would it be possible to just remove the GSM module but retain the chime/sensor functionality of the L5100?

    submitted by /u/halfasianhalfnormal
    [link] [comments]

    Any reviews for Conico Outdoor Cams?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Need a cam set to protect some plants outside my house. I rent so gates/fences/anything permanent etc arent an option. Plant thieves are too common in my neighborhood (fucking college kids).

    Just ordered an inexpensive ($88/pc) Conico outdoor IP/Wireless/Rechargeble/2 way audio,etc. From amazon. Anyone have experience with this brand or same style cams? All the camera reviews online are paid- ideally someone who purchased and continues to use these or a similar product.

    submitted by /u/The_Sandolorian
    [link] [comments]

    Top 10 Smart Home Security Device that you can get to maximize your home security and stay safe

    Posted: 14 May 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    No contract system

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Hi, I am looking for advice on a no contract home security system. I like the Nest but it's too pricy. The reviews on Amazon have been very mixed for the Blink XT2 and Arlo. I live in a 3 bedroom home. Thank you

    submitted by /u/amywsct
    [link] [comments]

    Click to center Dahua PTZ camera?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Hi. I have a Dahua PTZ camera, and it's difficult to control it to center on a certain area. It often moves too much or too little when using the directional controls. Is there any way to click on a part of the screen, and have it center there? Or something similar? Ideally using Blue Iris or TinyCam, but I'm open to using other software as well.

    submitted by /u/Ingenium13
    [link] [comments]

    Top 10 Smart Home Security Device that you can get to maximize your home security and stay safe

    Posted: 14 May 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    Home Security Survey - Smart Locks

    Posted: 14 May 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    With so many choices in the market I'm looking to see what smart locks the community is using to figure out which are the best choice for prospective buyers and why y'all chose them!

    Survey is open to all (even those who don't have smart locks) because I want to know what y'all are looking for!

    Results will be posted in the coming days :)

    [Survey](https://ousurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1REU2rR6eUDK95b)

    submitted by /u/mcwipper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment